Post Your Favorite Whitney ANYTHING!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:21 AM

Since this site is going why not post some (doesn't have to be everything!  :) ) of your favourite Whitney stuff, just what you like best, what represents Whitney to you, a pic, a vid, a moment, a memory...anything! 

This was one of the first things I saw and it was ultimate for me:

I had this large poster on my wall:

gallery_6809_141_46239.jpg

This VHS videotape meant a lot to me. Just 4 songs and it was EVERYTHING:

Whitney-Houston-The-No-1-Video-Hi-167646

whitney%2Bhouston%2Bthe%2Bno%2B1videos.j

Of course this was just the beginning. Will post more later!

• jonb4more and kennethbrdk like this
Posted Image

#2 kennethbrdk

kennethbrdk

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

I remember like it was yesterday the first time I heard Whitney sing - it was on the radio over at a friend's house in 1987 - DWAHIA and I was hooked instantly and have been it ever since and I guess that is why it's my all time favorite song by anyone so the live version from Saratoga is also my favorite live clip:

https://www.youtube....h?v=i_4PlM85NJo

And my room got filled with Whitney posters :) - my favorite poster was this huge poster:

58e63e8d8aefcbc7b01d05f6c05d550f.jpg

After hearing DWAHIA at my friend's house - I had my sister make me a tape with Whitney songs and after that I went out and bought her first two albums on cassette and I played the s..t out of them :D

• Austin and jonb4more like this
"I love you in a place where there is no space or time"

#3 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• Calendar Admin
  • 17,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

• Austin and jonb4more like this

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#4 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• Calendar Admin
  • 17,833 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

For years on this forum I would be so young Christopher who would listen to his favorite Whitney songs to get away from the madness that was my parents relationship. In my teens years I'd discover her live performances and fall even more in love with this singer, moreover this woman. Then in my twenties I would go through some hardships and kinda learn through Whitney how to keep your head up when so many wanna beat it down. Those Christopher's would tell you their favorites were "I Will Always Love You" or "All At once" or "I Have Nothing". It would change to live versions later. Then, something magical would occur in my life and ultimately after a spiritual awakening nothing soothes my soul and hope for humanity like this performance above. It would serve almost like a testament to me and I actually can't imagine this life without this performance in it. God bless and rest her soul eternally. And Thank you. Love you.

I forgot all about the edit time - thus the dual posts. LOL I always hated that damn edit time restriction, primarily because my 20 year old self's mouth. :shrug: :w00t: :whistling: :doh: :clap: :shocked:  I'm gonna miss my emoji's.We used to call them smiley's. 

• Austin, jonb4more and kennethbrdk like this

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#5 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

I was just listening to "A Quiet Place" yesterday!

• jonb4more likes this
Posted Image

#6 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

tumblr_m5vinbfmZI1qdngw4o6_250.gif

lYRi3f4.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_lzafzjfnea1rnoovgo5_250.gif

• jonb4more likes this
Posted Image

#7 kennethbrdk

kennethbrdk

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:38 AM

And how can I forget about the two times I was so lucky to see Whitney live  - in 1988 and in 1993 - her voice was at it's peak at both concerts and at the first concert a huge man saw I had problems seeing what was going on so he took me up on his shoulders and Whitney noticed and waved and talked to me but all I could do was blush :unsure:

And in 1991 I travelled all the way to Germany to a Whitney concert - a terrible journey that lasted 14 hours only to arrive at the venue to find out it was cancelled and I couldn't get back to Denmark until the next day - of course not my favorite Whitney anything but looking back I can't help laughing :P

• Austin likes this
"I love you in a place where there is no space or time"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users