Keeping in Touch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NeyBethSton

NeyBethSton

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

I really hate to see the site go.  Was wondering if folks were interested in sharing contact info to keep in touch.  I have fallen in love with so many of you... heres mine if you're interested

Wigasi Brant (Preston)

Wigasi Brant (Facebook)

@thatbrantdude (Instragram and Twitter)

Love yall,

NeyBethSton

• Austin likes this

#2 nippylove2015

nippylove2015

• Validating
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:19 PM

Is the site closing?

#3 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:20 AM

Yes the site is closing at the end of the month.

On the Classic Whitney forum my username is: 'Danny Torrance'. I haven't posted there much but maybe I will once in a while.

If I ever comment on Facebook I'll make sure to sign it "Austin"! 

Take care y'all x

Edited by Austin, 16 March 2017 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image

#4 kennethbrdk

kennethbrdk

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

I always use kennethbrdk - I think I have a profile on Classic Whitney but never used it - maybe I will now but only if some of you will be over there :)

• Austin likes this
"I love you in a place where there is no space or time"

#5 Zolas

Zolas

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

What if we make more use of the Facebook page, or even start a FB group? Those of us not on Classic Whitney still can find each other there and discuss upcoming projects, etc...
  • Austin and kennethbrdk like this

Posted Image

#6 juzly

juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:46 PM

So Mr zolas, ya gonna make me join facetweets? hahahah. Love ya!

• Zolas likes this

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. The Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#7 HBCU_NSU

HBCU_NSU

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

I think a FB page/group is a great idea.

#8 Lisa

Lisa

VIP Member

• Admin
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

I've got a Whitney-Fan Facebook page setup, but what would you like the parameters of a Facebook group to be? There are options to make a group public for anyone to join, require admin approval for members to join, or keep it private and invitation only. We could go big or small.

I like the idea of still having a place where we all can gather and discuss Whitney, especially around events as they come up.

If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#9 kennethbrdk

kennethbrdk

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Sounds great Lisa - I would prefer admin approval as some will have an agenda to shade Whitney - at least that's what I see on Youtube, Classic Whitney and other facebook pages.

"I love you in a place where there is no space or time"

#10 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

I've got a Whitney-Fan Facebook page setup, but what would you like the parameters of a Facebook group to be? There are options to make a group public for anyone to join, require admin approval for members to join, or keep it private and invitation only. We could go big or small.

I like the idea of still having a place where we all can gather and discuss Whitney, especially around events as they come up.

That's a tough one as there's pros and cons to both. If you do keep it open then that keeps Whitney's name more out there. Maybe if it ever gets out of hand it can be invite only. Or there could be a small offshoot from the main page for more dedicated fans.

Posted Image

#11 Zolas

Zolas

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

That's a tough one as there's pros and cons to both. If you do keep it open then that keeps Whitney's name more out there. Maybe if it ever gets out of hand it can be invite only. Or there could be a small offshoot from the main page for more dedicated fans.

There are some pages and groups already that are accessible to all. What I would like is to have a space for the WF-family to get together. So, it can be a closed but not secret group. Then people can find it but the fact that you have to ask to join might be just the barrier for trolls to stay away.
  • Austin and kennethbrdk like this

Posted Image

#12 NippyFanNy779

NippyFanNy779

• Members
  • 8,826 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

I would love a Facebook group but I think it should be closed admin approval or invite.  

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#13 karan

karan

Karan

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

I already have some members added on my Facebook (Jace, Pontus, among others)

You can find me under the name - Karan Tiwari

If a Facebook group is created it should be restricted to the members of WF only, otherwise it wouldn't be any different from other Whitney groups on Facebook, that most of us might already be a part of.

Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

"No matter what they take from me, they can't take away MY DIGNITY..."

Gift! Gift! Gift! - Oprah Winfrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users