• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

VIP Member

• Admin
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

I've been delaying it for more than a year, but I know that I will never complete the work that I started here, so it's time to close Whitney-Fan.com. I'm very sorry to do this, as I know this has been our online home for more than 20 years. I consider you my online family and I care about everyone here. But I have a few reasons for doing this:

1. With the Estate's plans for a Whitney documentary likely next year, I am optimistic that we're going to see improvements in Whitney's official web presence.
  2. The fan communities for most artists are shrinking and have split onto various social media. Forums will not last forever.
  3. With Whitney's passing and less activity in recent years, it does not make financial sense for me to run an expensive fan site. I am grateful to everyone who has ever contributed to the website. It has helped to keep the site going, but the website was never able to sustain itself.

Please backup any photos you'd like to save, exchange contact information with each other, and make any arrangements you might need to do before we close. Please also reach out to any other community members you know so they will be aware of the closing and can also backup and exchange what they wish with you.

If you would like to keep in touch with me, share anything interesting that you might find, or ask me questions when you hear Whitney rumors, I'll still be available to you at the Whitney-Fan Facebook and Twitter pages. Please feel free to like or follow those pages and send messages, and I'll keep in touch with you in public or in private, as you wish. I do not expect to be joining any other communities, so those pages will be the best way to get in touch with me. I would love to hear from you. (Please do not email me through the website because it's closing and I may never see your message.)

I am very sorry to do this. I know some of you don't like other communities. I love you and this place. I have many wonderful memories here. I'm never going to stop loving Whitney and supporting her legacy.

If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#2 kennethbrdk

kennethbrdk

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

I'm sad to hear this but it's not surprising and it's very understandable. But I have been grateful for being in here although I wish I had been in here when Whitney was alive and more members were active. It has been great and healing to been able to share my love for Whitney with fellow fans - to share my grief that she's not here and the admiration for her immense talent. Thanks to all of you in here  :wub: . Hope to come across you on other forums.

• Austin, Zolas and jonb4more like this
"I love you in a place where there is no space or time"

#3 johnonippy

johnonippy

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

Thanks Terrence for letting me know! Miss you guys, and thanks Lisa for providing this outlet for all of us for so many years. It was a huge part of my life for many years. Love you all! ❤
  • Austin, NeyBethSton and Zolas like this

Posted Image
w h i t n e y h o u s t o n
The Voice l The Beauty l The Legacy

1963-2012 - Lover for life.

#4 jonb4more

jonb4more

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

Well, it's been real, i never said much, but i was always on the site multiple times a week.  Thanks Lisa. 

• Austin, Zolas and kennethbrdk like this
Jon. B

#5 ArthurTsang

ArthurTsang

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

I also heard though Terrence. Lisa, I want to start by saying THANK YOU for all of your work in creating this wonderful community and for all the years of dedication. I feel partly responsible in that I have neglected the site since Whitney's passing; I think it's still difficult to see the past tense when discussing Whitney.

But the memories I've had of the site, the people I've 'met' and become great friends with, and the fact that this modern world will allow it to continue in another guise is wonderful.

Again, thank you for all of your work and I look forward to what the future brings!

Art
  • Austin and Zolas like this
'Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.'
- William Shakespeare

#6 JustCJ

JustCJ

Legendary Status

• Members
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:45 AM

Lisa... no need to be sorry... you've been a wonderful and generous webmaster of this site for so many year and you are loved for it!  While it's sad to see the end of this legendary platform of Nippy celebration, we can all be proud to say we were a part of a force that kept our diva and her music relevant and helped pass along her legacy to the future.  Whitney fans are strong because we've had to be... we will push on and continue the work!  Love Always!

PS, I do think this calls for an Andy Cohen hosted reunion special...

• Austin, NeyBethSton, Zolas and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#7 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

I had a feeling, Lisa...Thank you for everything that you have done over the years. Thank you thank you thank you. Words can't express what this place has been for me and other Whitney fans, in times of joy, in times of grief. Your hard work and sacrifice was known by most of us here. (And thanks to Rachel for starting this site way back when.)

I will miss this place. There will be sadness, especially because of all that's happened. There will be some feeling of finality. 

I will be around mostly the Twitter account (under my real name - Rommel)

Thanks to everyone around here old and new. You have brought me joy more than you know, for a long time. 

I'm sad to hear this but it's not surprising and it's very understandable. But I have been grateful for being in here although I wish I had been in here when Whitney was alive and more members were active. It has been great and healing to been able to share my love for Whitney with fellow fans - to share my grief that she's not here and the admiration for her immense talent. Thanks to all of you in here  :wub: . Hope to come across you on other forums.

Thank you for sticking around so much even though many people had gone. I still liked coming here even knowing not as many people were here because of people like you. 

But I understand why people stopped coming around.

And I'll be there watching when those documentaries come out, and if any other new stuff comes out!

Peace and love!

giphy.gif

Edited by Austin, 04 March 2017 - 09:12 AM.

• Zolas, jonb4more and kennethbrdk like this
Posted Image

#8 Nik31

Nik31

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

This was actually the first website i ever visited back in the day and i remember i was so surprised and happy to learn that there's even a place where you can meet so many people from around the world who are admiring Whitney like crazy as i did.

I will never forget all these years and i'm very thankful for the warm welcome. Thank you Rachel, thank you Lisa and thanks to all of you for loving Whitney that much!

We will probably never hear from each other again, so i wish all of you and your loved ones all the best.

And last but certaintly not least, to my Whitney: I will never ever forget the first time i saw you on TV and heard your golden voice. Something happend to me in that moment that never happend again and probably never will.

From that moment, you became a very important part of my life and i lost a peace of it on the day you died.

So i simply say thank you for that experience in my life!

Love and miss you - always will!

PEACE
  • Austin, Zolas and kennethbrdk like this

#9 jersey

jersey

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Thank you continuing the legacy that Rachel started so many years ago. I have so many fond memories here. I made personal friendships here that I've maintained all these years. I will forever be grateful to you for providing a place where I could Stan with other like-minded people.

Thanks for the memories, Nippians!

"It would take an eternity to break us." -WH

• Austin likes this

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#10 rocky97

rocky97

the OG of banners :-p

• Members
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for all that you have done Lisa!! No need to be sorry you have done a great job. I can't believe it's been 20 years. I've made some great friends at this site.
  • Austin likes this
Posted Image

"...the Negro has failed to re- cover from his slavish habit of berating his own and worshipping others as perfect beings. - Carter G. Woodson

#11 ilearnedfromthebest

ilearnedfromthebest

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

I think it's better to make universal music forum and Whitney's folder is one part of it than delete whole website. I know - this web is dead, but you can take here lots of people if you make folders with other artists.

#12 laprimadivas1fan

laprimadivas1fan

• Members
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Lisa,

Like Rocky, I just wanna to express my deepest gratitude for ALL the time, labor and expense you've poured into sustaining and re-imagining this W-F community, started by Rachel.  You have done both this community, Whitney and her legacy most proud.  And it has been (and remains) a great privilege to share in my WH experience(s) and unconditional support with you there, right on the front lines, all these years.   I really value your presence and hope your own day-to-day flourishes and keeps you blessed.

Love ya, my friend.

"Thank you, much." :)

• rocky97, Austin, NeyBethSton and 1 other like this
Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

#13 Zolas

Zolas

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:06 AM

It's no suprise but I'm still sad... Yet I fully support your decision.

Whitney-Fan is the site that I've been visiting for a longer time than any other site in the world. That's something! In the beginning it was a source of info, pictures, audio and video. And of course the board. Later it was mostly the board.

There's so much that we've shared. My favorite time here was the excitement before during and after the ILTY album. The anticipation, the joy, the love. Also, when my father got sick and eventually passed away 6 months before Whitney you people were there to support me. I'll never forget that.

And of course, the devastation of 2/11 somehow became more intense yet easier to carry because we shared it here. Maybe that was the most important time for all of us to be connected. And for all this and more I am truly truly grateful...

I hope we can now find each other elsewhere when the documentary and unreleased material comes out, like on the FB page.

Lisa, thank you so much for your dedicated work and generosity (in more than 1 way! - I remember!).

Love to all...

Bart

• Austin, NeyBethSton and kennethbrdk like this

Posted Image

#14 RichyMtl

RichyMtl

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

Thanks Lisa for everything! It's been a great ride, so many memories likr the time we all chipped in to buy back the award for Whitney!
❤️❤️❤️💜💜💜
  • laprimadivas1fan and Austin like this

#15 laprimadivas1fan

laprimadivas1fan

• Members
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Thanks Lisa for everything! It's been a great ride, so many memories likr the time we all chipped in to buy back the award for Whitney!
❤️❤️❤️

I will always cherish my Nippy Award honors. Not the mention the many classic one-liners and exchanges between Eboni, Nimer, LilStevie, Terrence, BostonSupaModel and Tyree ... my sides are hurting just THINKING about those times. ::Sigh::

• Austin and Zolas like this
Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users