• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nipperz

nipperz

• Validating
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

Tribeca film festival world premiere of documentary ''Whitney: Can I be me"

From acclaimed director Nick Broomfield, comes an uncensored true look, and Ode to Whitney Houston in a new film about one of the greatest singers of all time. Whitney Houston was the epitome of a superstar, an “american princess” - the most awarded female artist ever.

Tribeca screening dates are as follows:
Wednesday 26 april at 5:30 pm, sva1-silvas (public) 
Thursday 27 april at 9:45 am, cin-02 (p&i)
Friday 28 april at 3:00 pm, cin-07 (public)
Saturday 29 april at 12:00 pm, cin-07 (public) 
Sunday 30 april at 6:30pm, regal-05 (public)

• Austin and jonb4more like this

#2 Lisa

Lisa

VIP Member

• Admin
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

I'm not looking forward to this one, anticipating a hatchet job like other TV documentaries I've seen about Whitney. I'll try to reserve judgment until it comes out. I'm debating on whether to go to the festival to get a preview of this. I tend to get very pissed off when I see things that are inaccurate or unfair about her, so I'm not sure I'll be able to sit through it.

The Estate's feature film documentary probably won't be ready for another year. That one will have authorized use of Whitney's music recordings and private photos, etc., from the family. I expect it to be more thoughtful, extensive and insightful than this one.

If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#3 Zolas

Zolas

• Members
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

I'm not looking forward to this one, anticipating a hatchet job like other TV documentaries I've seen about Whitney. I'll try to reserve judgment until it comes out. I'm debating on whether to go to the festival to get a preview of this. I tend to get very pissed off when I see things that are inaccurate or unfair about her, so I'm not sure I'll be able to sit through it.

The Estate's feature film documentary probably won't be ready for another year. That one will have authorized use of Whitney's music recordings and private photos, etc., from the family. I expect it to be more thoughtful, extensive and insightful than this one.

Thanks for this!

Posted Image

#4 Austin

Austin

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hmmm...yes. Even the title is a bit iffy "Can I be me?" Really? 

Here is the imdb page, though there's little in it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6158392/

Other links:

http://www.rollingst...-lineup-w470031

http://www.okayplaye...his-spring.html

Posted Image

#5 nipperz

nipperz

• Validating
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

I think this will be an interesting film

#6 holly1971

holly1971

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Tribeca film festival world premiere of documentary ''Whitney: Can I be me"

From acclaimed director Nick Broomfield, comes an uncensored true look, and Ode to Whitney Houston in a new film about one of the greatest singers of all time. Whitney Houston was the epitome of a superstar, an “american princess” - the most awarded female artist ever.

Tribeca screening dates are as follows:
Wednesday 26 april at 5:30 pm, sva1-silvas (public) 
Thursday 27 april at 9:45 am, cin-02 (p&i)
Friday 28 april at 3:00 pm, cin-07 (public)
Saturday 29 april at 12:00 pm, cin-07 (public) 
Sunday 30 april at 6:30pm, regal-05 (public)

Can you tell me, if there is a theater address where you can view the screening of this. Can you kindly place it on this forum topic. Thank--You.

#7 Lisa

Lisa

VIP Member

• Admin
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

https://tribecafilm....an-i-be-me-2017

If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users