John R. Houston, Jr.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Muzic

• 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:00 AM

Today in the Newark newspaper is Mr. Houston's death notice.
I was surprised to learn that Whitney has a Step-sister (Alana)
and a Step-brother(John Houston). The funeral is Friday.

#2 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:43 AM

>Today in the Newark newspaper is Mr. Houston's death notice. The funeral is Friday.

Good job on getting the scoop! Now I wonder what the media will do.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#3 ckwhitney

• 965 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 04:53 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-02-03 AT 01:55 AM (EST)]WHAT! was this printed buy the family. can you type up exactly what it said.

thanks
Posted Image

#4 Muzic

• 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:31 AM

This was a total shock to me,because Whitney never said anything
about this. Well here it is:
John Russell Houston Jr.

HOUSTON - On Feb. 2, 2003, John Russell Jr., of Fort Lee, N.J., made his transition. Born in Trenton, N.J., migrated to Newark at an early age. Beloved son of the late John Russell Houston Sr. and the late Sarah Elizabeth Collins Houston. John was predeceased by his brother, Henry A. Houston. He is survived by his wife, Barbara Peggy Houston, and their daughter, Alana, and from his former union with Cissy Houston, his sons, Gary (Pat), Michael (Donna) and daughter, Whitney (Bobby), and from the former union with Elsie Hamilton his eldest son, John Russell Houston III (Barbara), his eight grandchildren and four greatgrandchildren, also survived by many nieces, nephews, cousins, other relatives and many many friends. A celebration of his life will be held Friday 11 a.m. at St. James A.M.E. Church, 588 Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., Newark. Interment to follow at the Fairview Cemetery, Westfield, N.J. Visitation will be held Thursday 4-8 p.m. at the church. Arrangements by WHIGHAM FUNERAL HOME.
Published in the Star-Ledger from 2/4/2003 - 2/5/2003.

#5 lovenip

• 2,148 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 05:53 AM

Thank you for that. I didnīt know that either.
I hope media will stay nice.
Posted Image

#6 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,169 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 12:22 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-02-03 AT 09:25 PM (EST)]Thank you! I didn't know that. I hope the press keeps its distance.

I like the phrase, "made his transition."
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#7 T

whitney IS the G.O.A.T

• 7,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 12:45 AM

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 06-02-03 AT 09:48 PM (EST)]Is he has another daughter, doesn't that make her younger than Whitney? And when John did that interview with CJ, didn't they say that Whitney was his youngest and only daughter? And since I never heard Whitney acknowledge the other two, I guess it is safe to say that they are not close to her. I wonder why Cissy did not mention this in her book. Or is Alana Peggy's daughter from another relationship? I always thought he had a child before meeting Cissy because he was almost 40 when they met. And I hope these kids continue to keep a low profile and don't try to make a few bucks.
I love LOVE!

#8 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,169 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 12:51 AM

It's confusing, but that blurb likely came from a family representative. Well, there's no telling if Alana is his child or if she was born earlier. I have no idea.
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#9 T

whitney IS the G.O.A.T

• 7,173 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 12:53 AM

Yeah it is pretty confusing. But I doubt John pulled a Tony Randall.
I love LOVE!

#10 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,786 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 01:29 AM

i really honestly hope that they will have some heart and back off whitney and the family. Shoot, after that whitney interview with WW, u know i'd be lookin in the classifieds for a new job.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users