Whitney Houston being featured on Entertainment Tonight

35 replies to this topic

#1 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

FROM CW:

ET is saying Whitney filmed a documentary before she died and will play clips from it tonight..... Here is the video I took from it.

#2 remamamama

• 3,209 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

Wow. I really didn't know she was doing so many things behind the scenes.

But did Whitney herself know it was a documentary and did they have her approval? Or are they just releasing unseen footage from NBL tour out now? If it's a documentary done like the MLIYL tour, then I cannot wait to see it.

0:08...I miss that radiant smile, that glow from her.

Edited by remamamama, 04 May 2012 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

#3 mkko1

• 146 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I agree. authorized....totally excited for it. It still makes me sad to see stuff like this even though in my head I know there must be tons of stuff like it. But in my heart......

#4 Stevenq

• 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Found this:

Can't figure out how to post the video.

Narada Michael Walden on Whitney Houston - documentary

Edited by Stevenq, 04 May 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Wendy Williams: Whitney, who is always there with you at your house?
Whitney: JESUS!
nuff said.

#5 lilseanb

• 672 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

That looked like footage from the photoshoot for the tour book. I hope to god she did some off the wall tour documentary. it means we may finally get pro footage! ... hopefully of Birmingham, Nottingham, Milan, Rome and Manchester *gets ahead of self* lol

"And I'm signing this song...just for you"

Posted Image

WHITNEY I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
Nothing But Love World Tour 2010
Birmingham (13/4) - Nottingham (14/4) - London (26/4) - Manchester (16/6) - Manchester (17/6)

#6 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

I have no words. I could watch her play that piano for the rest of my life.

I can't post the video for some reason.

Edited by Lisa, 04 May 2012 - 11:06 PM.
Corrected link

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#7 love4whit

• 657 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostPetra, on 04 May 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

I agree...and I also always LOVED watching her lip sync to music....love love love (and years!!)

#8 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,813 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Wow! Was ta I look to you she's playing? She's amazing!
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#9 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

View Postlove4whit, on 04 May 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

I agree...and I also always LOVED watching her lip sync to music....love love love (and years!!)
I absolutely agree, she was havin so much fun lip synchin, that and her playing the piano brought a smile and a few chuckles to my face. I needed that because for the past 3 months I have been a total wreck.

#10 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 949 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Yeah, it looks amazing! I always love seeing angel whitney with her specs, it's the nerd in me.

So i looks like ILTY photo shot, but the announcer says it's a doco she was doing before time stood still. Could it be the same guys who did the unreleased 1999 doco, we talk bout so often,

After the tragic passing of WHITNEY HOUSTON Rudi is contacted by media all over the world. Rudi had the privilege of working with Whitney on various projects over the years – the most outstanding collaboration happened in 1999/ 2000 when Rudi started a documentary project on Whitney (first called “BEHIND THE SCENES” then working titles “CLOSE UP”, later “WHITNEY”), following her on the 1999 European tour. Whitney decided for the first time to let somebody film “behind the scenes” after viewing Rudi’s award winning doc’s on MILES DAVIS, QUEEN and THE Rolling stones.

RUDI DOLEZAL: “I am NOT interested in selling this footage – my heart is in it! I want to make it the NUCLEUS of a NEW Whitney documentary, filming new footage in 2012 and interviewing the relevant people close to her, turning it into an over all doc on who Whitney really was. But from my end there is no rush: first our prayers have to be with the family! Before I have not talked to the family and the Record Company – I will not say more about my ideas.”

there site: http://www.dorofilms.com/index2.shtm

Ya know what, i am extreamly weary of people releasing stuff after someone has passed, due to creative differences etc, if it was meant to be out there, it would have been while they were alive. But if whitney worked with them again, then surely they were on the same page, and possibly other forces influenced it's release. I have a good feeling this is going to be nice, and positive!

I miss you Whitney so much, much love to you all!

Edited by juzly, 04 May 2012 - 11:08 PM.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#11 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostStevenq, on 04 May 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Found this:

No wonder she was so upset about her vocal decline...I couldn't imagine loving my voice that much and loosing it.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#12 juzly

• 949 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postsalute88, on 04 May 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostStevenq, on 04 May 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Found this:

No wonder she was so upset about her vocal decline...I couldn't imagine loving my voice that much and loosing it.

I used to say it over and over salute. People just thought because it looked so natural, and it was innate , that Whitney didn't care. All this BS talk bout her not caring cause she took drugs, maybe, just maybe she cared to much bout her talents and art. No one think's bout that side. This women always gave it her all, every ounce of her being, in the Creation of her art. I to would sit back and be proud of myself, enjoy, cause to push yourself, expose you heart and talents is a strength that other artist fear to do, and always go safe. She's just was everything about the Creation of music there is.

Narada, brother, always has my heart. His spirit and love for Whitney has always been been higher. One love. One Whitney.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#13 juzly

• 949 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Thanks petra, Prijatelju!, i just saw the whole beautiful clip.

Wow, i am lost for words now. Whitney on the piano, and that song man, she is singing long too, that's the song! Trust angel Whitney to know the jams! Whitney and Narada creating magic again. I just love her more and more everyday, for the rest of my life and i will miss her forever. Legacy is love. One love.

#14 remamamama

• 3,209 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

How many times did we ever see Whitney in front of a piano? Twice? The Diane interview and this?

I wish she played the piano in her concerts. How great would it be. Just herself and the piano, singing ILTY.

Posted Image

#15 Carmen

• 2,933 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Postlove4whit, on 04 May 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Thanks Petra! Seeing this side of her will be missed deeply. We might get live recordings, concert footage in the future, but not much of these kind of candid moments. Actually for some minutes I forgot the sadness and could smile and enjoy watching her beeing funny, free from care, being just Nippy. I'd like to think that she had many days when we didn't see her, but she did enjoy her life.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users