Voices of Love: Whitney and her family (Clip from upcoming documentary)

15 replies to this topic

#1 remamamama

• 3,261 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

VOICES OF LOVE: WHITNEY HOUSTON AND HER FAMILY is a look into one of America's most musically influential families: the Drinkard family, whose tradition of gospel produced such luminaries as Dionne Warwick, Cissy Houston and Whitney Houston.
Featuring performances, never-before-seen footage and exclusive interviews, the documentary traces the history of song in this talent-infused family and celebrates the spirit, the strength of family, and the power of gospel music to heal, to transcend and to entertain. Starring: Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick, Cissy Houston and the Sweet Inspirations, The Drinkard Singers, Roberta Flak, Gary Houston and The Drinkard Singers II.

Brought to you by veteran documentary filmmaker Gary Keys, VOICES OF LOVE: WHITNEY HOUSTON AND HER FAMILY honors a family that has helped to define the culture of popular music and has influenced generations of music lovers.

:crying:

Posted Image

#2 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,754 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

God, I can't!!!!!

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#3 Steplejack

• 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for posting this

#4 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Wow...just wow. What a voice. :)

#5 Accomplice

• 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

"Whitney used to scream in the basement" LOL, how many times have we heard that story," Whitney would make us get brooms and
pretend to play guitar and drums", I'm thinking look, Michael showed up, LOL ....than BAM.... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
What an emotional rollercoaster....

#6 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Who is the woman singing with the piano at the end? Is she a Drinkard descendent, as in one of Whitney's family members? Does anybody know who she is?

#7 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,610 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

OOOOOOH I was so not ready for that quick clip to the funeral with the personal footage in there... I was enjoying the little clip thinking wow, I forgot all about this... and then bam... punched in the face.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#8 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Oh wow. This is so great. Wasn't expecting all the footage, and definitly NOT the homegoing footage, I had an immediate reaction to it.

Oh hey Michael.

#9 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Wow. That funeral footage was a bit much. And how old is Michael?

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#10 ckwhitney

• 965 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Punch in the gut is right. I normal watch and say oh Whitney and sigh...but th emotion this clip brought in....

Happy to finally see michael though.
Posted Image

#11 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 952 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Ya know i still can't get thru anything related to beautiful Whitney without it hurting so so bad i have to stop watching or listening . But i thought this would be nice, seeing the family rejoicing in one another, their faith and their amazing music. And it was, until that funeral footage, like same of you have said. I don't see why they had to put that in the promo, havn't we seen/heard enough bout it allready?.IDK maybe i am to sensitive.

I am looking forward to seeing this doco, infact it has been one of my whitney dreams, having this amazing family came together and showing the world what an inspirational, legendery music family they are. listening to all that gospel!

Gosh i miss her so much, it hurts to even think bout it. She looks amazing, beautiful, loving as usual. We are lucky to have all these clips to be there for us in our lives. Legacy. Love. Forever Whitney.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#12 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 952 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

NY Filmmaker Gary Keys Chronicles Whitney Houston’s Rise To Stardom

Keys Interviewed Houston For His Documentary 'The Wonderful Family of Divas'

February 15, 2012 11:30 AM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – While investigators try to determine Whitney Houston’s cause of death, a documentary chronicles her rise to stardom from her own perspective.

Not many have ever heard the story of Whitney Houston’s life straight from the music legend’s mouth.

“Dionne is my cousin and I’m very proud of that,” Houston says in the documentary. ”Dee Dee is my cousin and I have a whole family of really talented people.”
But family friend and New York filmmaker Gary Keys was one of the rare few who was allowed unlimited access for one day in 2010 as Houston relaxed on a couch in her Atlanta home and opened up about her rise to stardom.
“I’m honored and lucky,” said Keys.
Keys interviewed Houston for his documentary ”The Wonderful Family of Divas.” The film looks into the world of one of America’s most musically influential families, the Drinkard family, which includes gospel-rooted singers Whitney Houston, Dionne Warwick and Houston’s mother Cissy Houston.
“I love to hear my mother sing gospel,” Houston says in the film.
The Houston family fondly remembered her early ambition.
“She would be screaming and my husband would say tell her to shut up and I’d say leave her alone, maybe one day she’ll be a singer,” says Cissy in the film.
“My family, as far as being a family, has always been my rock,” Houston says.
Houston also spoke of her rapid success.
“By the time my album came out, the first album, we were gone,” she says.
Keys premiered the documentary at a film festival in Denver last year. He is now reworking the film to include Houston’s death.
He plans to debut the new version at the Cannes Film Festival in May

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#13 Kevin

Pitchologist Dr. Kevin

• 6,109 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

That's the first time I've ever seen Michael. God he's a spit of his father.

November 2010 this was shot. Wow. The wig's a lil messy but hey she looked great :D

I miss her sooo much. Words can't describe. I'm hoping Sparkle will bring closure for me.

Posted Image
Whitney Houston defines Beauty
Beauty defines Whitney Houston

Sleep in peace my beautiful Angel

#14 Zolas

• 4,358 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

What a remarkable family... Hope we get to see it here!

Posted Image

#15 Carmen

• 2,933 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, I hope we'll get the full documentary soon. Even if it hurts to watch it, especially those funeral parts.....so sad to see Cissy like that. No mother deserves this, but knowing how close they were, how hard she fought for Whitney's life and despite how all things ended....it really breaks my heart.

Whitney really loved her family and was always proud of them. She was a great person, beside being the best singer.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users