The Whitney Houston Institute - Members of WH Band planning tribute concerts, calling all Fanclubs

30 replies to this topic

#1 Nippyislove

• 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

https://www.facebook...205098996261116

I just found this Facebooklink on twitter. Obviously at least some of the Whitney Houston Bandmembers are going to plan some international tribute concerts. They wrote this on their Facebook-Page:

"DEAR FRIENDS AND FANS:

Today's meeting was great.

We are currently in discussion about promoting a series of concerts as a tribute to Whitney Houston. The basic idea is that we, the members of the Whitney Houston band, travel the world and perform Whitney’s repertoire with each country’s top artists in each country we travel to.

We need to know from you, where should we perform and which artists from your country would you recommend?"

So we should think about which of our top artists would be suitable for a Whitney Tribute. Unfortunately my head is a "blanc disc"at the moment regarding good singers and being top artists at the same time as I didnt follow the german charts for years. But nevertheless this is a great Idea from the Band to do this, It could be an amazing tribute doing her justice.

So lets try and find some good ones and send them the names - let us start to do something we can look forward to again after all this sadness.

Nippyislove :)

#2 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Well, I have mixed feelings about this one. It's great that they wanna honor her and that they're doing something together. On the other hand, finding ONE person who could do Whitney justice is a very hard task, not to mention different person in every country. I don't know...

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#3 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,791 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

I'd say choose songs that have videos and use the video and audio (vocals only). Let the band play the live arrangments.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#4 djaaronk

• 112 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

The only person that comes to mind for me is Deborah Cox. That girl can SANG...and her voice never gets harsh when she pushes it like so many others out there right now.

#5 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

It sounds to me like they are doing what Elvis's band has been doing. They have been playing "Elvis in concert" and it's just live videos of Elvis singing but his band is playing the music on stage. I would rather them do that for Whitney than to get a singer to sing her songs. No offense to the good singers out there but I don't want to hear somenone else try to sing all her songs for a concert.

Here's one of the Elvis in Conert, I'd go see this if they did it for Whitney:

#6 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postliz06, on 16 April 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

It sounds to me like they are doing what Elvis's band has been doing. They have been playing "Elvis in concert" and it's just live videos of Elvis singing but his band is playing the music on stage. I would rather them do that for Whitney than to get a singer to sing her songs. No offense to the good singers out there but I don't want to hear somenone else try to sing all her songs for a concert.

Yes! That would be great. I'm sure they have enough HQ recordings to pull it off. I mean, even though it's on screen, you can feel his magic, almost as if he were standing on that stage. It's the next best thing. I'd definitely go see that.

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#7 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I would go if they had one in the US...I feel like I would be waiting for her to come out though....

#8 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Post26twin, on 16 April 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

I would go if they had one in the US...I feel like I would be waiting for her to come out though....
Now you got me sad. :umbrella:

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#9 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

That would be the only way I'd see it, otherwise it's just someone up there singing her songs, if I wanted that I'd go to a bar and hear it on karaoke. I'd prefer just the video and music. The music and her voice will be there, and she'd be on the big screen, but that would be really sad at the same time. I'd cry...a lot!

#10 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yes, that's the only thing that would work for me. They could use her isolated vocals and project never-before-seen photos from their personal collections, and in between songs, tell back stories about working with Whitney behind the scenes. That would be nice. And show some HQ live performances from Whitney. But I don't want to hear any more folks who think the way to pay tribute is to try to sing Whitney's songs. The way to pay tribute to me is to buy her records and petition Sony/Arista to do a live album, which is something Jetro De Silva has the influence and respect to get done.

#11 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 17 April 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Yes, that's the only thing that would work for me. They could use her isolated vocals and project never-before-seen photos from their personal collections, and in between songs, tell back stories about working with Whitney behind the scenes. That would be nice. And show some HQ live performances from Whitney. But I don't want to hear any more folks who think the way to pay tribute is to try to sing Whitney's songs. The way to pay tribute to me is to buy her records and petition Sony/Arista to do a live album, which is something Jetro De Silva has the influence and respect to get done.
I couldn't agree more. whitney had a unique way of doing everything, her preformances where never the same twice, the way she held a mic, her diva bow... Just everything she did. I think the never before seen footage and the telling of stories would make it very memorable and a really nice way to tribute.

#12 fabietto

• 330 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
I Look To You

#13 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postfabietto, on 17 April 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Posted Image
"The best has yet to come." - That sounds so wrong. She's gone, the best was when she was here. :umbrella:
"The record is not over yet." would have been better, IMO.

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#14 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostPetra, on 16 April 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

View Post26twin, on 16 April 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

Now you got me sad. :umbrella:
Im sorry, never meant that. guess I was just thinking aloud. Not quite sure how to word my thoughts sometimes. Its a great idea for the band members to do this in her memory. I was watching Unsung last night and someone said that the best way to make a fallen star proud or honor them is to NEVER let their memory die. Made me think of BK when she said Im gonna carry my moms legacy...I thought at the time what a statement so soon but i see exactly where she was coming from.

#15 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,791 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

BANG! And I see my idea has been done before!!! So it is possible!

We should get a live tracklisting together as a group here on the forum and send it to them. Maybe the CW folks can do the same and they can't take the best ideas together.

I don't wanna go see people butcher her songs. Actually, refuse to!

Hopefully enough fans who use FB and the like get the point across that it's pointless to do this if they don't use her own voice. Her fans really don't need more insult to add to our injury, really truely.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users