BILLBOARD Magazine - The Whitney/Grammy Issue

12 replies to this topic

#1 Antwoinne

• 4,406 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Did anyone ever buy this? I couldn't find it anywhere. If anyone has it, can you let me know if it has a lot of different chart information listed?

#2 jersey

• 547 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Antwoinne, I never found it either. And I checked every week after Whitney's passing. I'm not even sure that it ever existed because billboard magazine is printed at the end of the week. Whitney died on Saturday and the Grammy's were on Sunday. It wouldn't have made any sense to publish a "Grammy Issue" after the Grammy's.

Let me know if you ever find this phantom issue.

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#3 Antwoinne

• 4,406 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

They would have printed it after the Grammys. They have done it this way for years. It's like a recap issue. My next step is to try some public libraries.

#4 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,746 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

You can find it online on Billboard's back issue site. It's 15 bucks. Adele will actually be the one on the cover, but Whitney is on the inside cover.

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#5 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

Is there something good on Whitney in this issue? As opposed to just saying they did a Grammy tribute.

Also, I looked inthe Billboard back issues and did not see a cover with adele. Are you sure that is what's on the cover? If it is about Whitney, I want to get it, but i don't have any interest in Adele.

#6 Nippyislove

• 83 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

https://www.orderbil...s.aspx?ID=78905

I saw this one , is this the one you probably looking for? Found it on orderbillboard.com. Its the issue from Februar, 25., seems to be a special Grammy issue..

#7 Mind Speaker

• 9,746 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 07 April 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Is there something good on Whitney in this issue? As opposed to just saying they did a Grammy tribute.

Also, I looked inthe Billboard back issues and did not see a cover with adele. Are you sure that is what's on the cover? If it is about Whitney, I want to get it, but i don't have any interest in Adele.

The back issue is the one that Nippyislove posted. It shows Whitney on the cover, but when you actually get it, Adele is actually on the cover. It's a "cute" little tribute to her. People and other magazines did far more than Billboard.

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

#8 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 948 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

lol is that Adele on the advertisement 'cover', i didn,t even know what she looks like.

Every1lovesNippy, yeah, it's worth getting . Same lovely payed 'poster' tribute pages from MJ estate, modeling agency etc. I haven't read all of it, besides same stupidity like 'estate planning' article (probs you seen it online) that quotes TMZ nuffies, there's nice articles in it also. You know how these tributes go.

love is worth it. Whitney forever.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#9 Ashle

• 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

fyi The Billboard Issue with Whitney on the Cover is NOT actually what you see. The Grammy Week Issue had two covers for Billboard, and Whitney's Cover was the second Insert. The Issue was a decent tribute, and it gave a more 'factual' take on her legacy and estate status. I was offended that Billboard chose didn't honor Whitney as the sole cover that week, she's a effin global superstar selling millions of records. Ugh

#10 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostMind Speaker, on 07 April 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 07 April 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

The back issue is the one that Nippyislove posted. It shows Whitney on the cover, but when you actually get it, Adele is actually on the cover. It's a "cute" little tribute to her. People and other magazines did far more than Billboard.

Strange. I have the same issue but there is an ad for lipstick on the cover. No Adele. I thought there was another issue.

#11 Antwoinne

• 4,406 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

I finally found a copy at a local library. It has a 15 page dedication (including ads) to Whitney. I think it's worth buying.

It includes:

* a summary of her career and recording technique given by various producers
* it shows the chart success of all her charted singles
* it talks about her estate and possible posthumous releases
* there are huge pictures included that are worth having

#12 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I just ordered it but I also found a digital PDF copy so I have it on my iPad

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#13 Mind Speaker

• 9,746 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 11 April 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

I just ordered it but I also found a digital PDF copy so I have it on my iPad

Do they have an app? The one day I leave my Ipad at home, you tell me you found it on your Ipad!!!

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users