Jump to content


WH biopic: film about WH's life planned? Rihanna to star?


89 replies to this topic

#1 rachel

    Senior Member

  • 7,574 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Is that talentless lipsynching stripper Rhianna worthy of portraying Whitney Houston in a biopic?

HELL (to the) NO!

http://www.telegraph...itney-role.html

What is Rhianna's twitter ?
____________________________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the
stupid ones who need all the advice.
-- Bill Cosby.

#2 rachel

    Senior Member

  • 7,574 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

A role like that would require some talent -- something Rhianna has marginal, as well as an ability to wow the camera while fully clothed! Something Rhianna is incapable of. I am livid!
____________________________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the
stupid ones who need all the advice.
-- Bill Cosby.

#3 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

    Conclue

  • 17,791 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Enough tragedies for a while, IMO.

I want a certified A+ ACTRESS that resembles Whitney. They should have an upmost respect for Whitney. Being a fan would be sugar on top; however I don't think celebrity qou or fandom should govern who gets it. An actress who potrays someone if they're good at it, while study that person and become them. That's what I wanna see on screen.

It would also be nice for a few stans to take part in the movie to make sure the little "things" fans know are seen in the movie. Like the sweat towel. The Diva bow. Etc.

I *WISH* I could get my hands on that. LOL

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"


#4 rachel

    Senior Member

  • 7,574 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

She reads her twitter. Someone needs to tell her what time it is. @rihanna
____________________________________
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it is the
stupid ones who need all the advice.
-- Bill Cosby.

#5 Petra

    Senior Member

  • 686 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

she did say one right thing: "That's a huge, huge role and whoever does it has to do a good job."

let's not all jump on her right now, she simply said she WOULD LOVE TO do it, not that she (or anyone else for that matter) is doing it..

i want them to wait before doing this, it's too early..i hope these are just rumors and they wait for a couple of years before doing a biopic..i mean, i can't stand someone singing her songs not to mention playing her..too damn soon..

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -


That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.


I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.


Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012


#6 total23

    Senior Member

  • 528 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

At Least She Knows This Movie Is Huge!!!! And That It Will Take Her Entire Life To Do!

But They Should Wait, And Groom Her First!!!! They Can't Be Making A Biopic So Early!!! I Hope They Wait A Couple Of Years!!!!

#7 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Perhaps folks are being too hard on Rihanna. Lyp-synching is a must-have skill for whoever attempts to play Whitney ('cause they better NOT try to have someone sing her songs). And Rihanna is, apprently, very good at it.

#8 Petra

    Senior Member

  • 686 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 02 April 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Perhaps folks are being too hard on Rihanna. Lyp-synching is a must-have skill for whoever attempts to play Whitney ('cause they better NOT try to have someone sing her songs). And Rihanna is, apprently, very good at it.
lol, yes, they better lyp sinc, it would be ridiculous to have someone attempt singing her songs, especially Rihanna..don't get me wrong, i don't wanna bash her, i actually like some of her material and she has talent needed in her line of work..what she doesn't have is that ladylike grace Whitney had from the earliest days, that innocence and maturity at the same time, beauty and persuasion..she had a combination of elements that distinguished her from all the rest and that will be very hard to "copy"..so i believe they have to do better than Rihanna..

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -


That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.


I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.


Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012


#9 26twin

    Member

  • 132 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

#10 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostPetra, on 02 April 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 02 April 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Perhaps folks are being too hard on Rihanna. Lyp-synching is a must-have skill for whoever attempts to play Whitney ('cause they better NOT try to have someone sing her songs). And Rihanna is, apprently, very good at it.
lol, yes, they better lyp sinc, it would be ridiculous to have someone attempt singing her songs, especially Rihanna..don't get me wrong, i don't wanna bash her, i actually like some of her material and she has talent needed in her line of work..what she doesn't have is that ladylike grace Whitney had from the earliest days, that innocence and maturity at the same time, beauty and persuasion..she had a combination of elements that distinguished her from all the rest and that will be very hard to "copy"..so i believe they have to do better than Rihanna..

They need an ACTRESS, period. Singing talent is not needed since all the role requires lip-syncing. Singers, and the rest of most of today's recording "artists," need not apply. And they will need a great actress, too. Whitney was very complex, and her emotions came right at you. So, they had better start looking for their actress now, 'cause it's going to take some rare talent to pull this role off.

#11 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

She doesn't have any of Whitney's look, though, aside from being fair skinned. She looks more like playing JLo than Whitney. Whitney had mega-watt charisma, as well as an innocence, and a sweetness that shone through. That's what made her so loved by both women and men, which is rare. Everyone was drawn to Whitney. Paula Patton is pretty, but not unique in any way. I don't think she would work in a serious movie.

#12 Petra

    Senior Member

  • 686 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 02 April 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

She doesn't have any of Whitney's look, though, aside from being fair skinned. She looks more like playing JLo than Whitney. Whitney had mega-watt charisma, as well as an innocence, and a sweetness that shone through. That's what made her so loved by both women and men, which is rare. Everyone was drawn to Whitney. Paula Patton is pretty, but not unique in any way. I don't think she would work in a serious movie.
lol, no one will be good enough, that's our Whitney we're talking about..she was one of a kind and very dear to all of us so i don't think we can expect anyone doing her justice in our eyes..but they can try to find some real talent, someone who'll study her, get her mannerisms down, her way of speaking, everything..that's a lot of work and only a talented actress could pull it off, but i really don't have anyone in mind, it's hard for me to even think in that direction because i am completely subjective on this matter..

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -


That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.


I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.


Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012


#13 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostPetra, on 02 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 02 April 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think Paula Patton would be a good choice to play Whitney. She looks exactly like a light skinned version of Whitney. Shes tall like her and her lips, facial structure and smile mirrors Whitney a whole lot more than Rhianna. Just my 2 cents. I know she cant sing but I dont think ANYONE should attempt to sing Whitney songs not even in a bio movie of her, thats just all bad and wrong to me. Let Whitney's music be her music because we all know no one can touch her vocally or possess that IT factor that she had.

She doesn't have any of Whitney's look, though, aside from being fair skinned. She looks more like playing JLo than Whitney. Whitney had mega-watt charisma, as well as an innocence, and a sweetness that shone through. That's what made her so loved by both women and men, which is rare. Everyone was drawn to Whitney. Paula Patton is pretty, but not unique in any way. I don't think she would work in a serious movie.
lol, no one will be good enough, that's our Whitney we're talking about..she was one of a kind and very dear to all of us so i don't think we can expect anyone doing her justice in our eyes..but they can try to find some real talent, someone who'll study her, get her mannerisms down, her way of speaking, everything..that's a lot of work and only a talented actress could pull it off, but i really don't have anyone in mind, it's hard for me to even think in that direction because i am completely subjective on this matter..

And I gonna admit that I am going to be hard on whoever attempts the role, 'cause, if they decide to try to play Whitney Elizabeth Houston, they better bring their A game. It's not like they are trying to portray some ordinary talent, or anything. It's Whitney Houston, who was the only person, MJ included, who could mesmerize people on every continent, whatever language or culture, with her singing alone. They know what they are getting into if they sign up for this role, so they had better come to deliver. That's all I'm sayin'.

#14 26twin

    Member

  • 132 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well she has some type of presence because in her last movie, Lets Get Married, I immediately thought damn she looks just like Whitney. I cant think of any other actress or singer that can play her and actually LOOK like her, unless there's some rare talented actress who nobody knows who's perfect for the role. So..... until then she has my vote.

#15 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

View Post26twin, on 02 April 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Well she has some type of presence because in her last movie, Lets Get Married, I immediately thought damn she looks just like Whitney. I cant think of any other actress or singer that can play her and actually LOOK like her, unless there's some rare talented actress who nobody knows who's perfect for the role. So..... until then she has my vote.

"Let's Get Married"? Was that straight to DVD? I never even heard of that movie. Who else was in it and how did it do?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users