Whitney Houston 'Sparkle' Full Movie Trailer - Video Inside

216 replies to this topic

#166 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Postclemsonfight, on 10 April 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

^^ Aww I love You Light Up My Life :(

:flowers: Sorry, did not mean anything bad. I do try with that song, but I just get the impression that as some point Whitney just said eff-it and refused to do anything to clean it up. It is the one Whitney song that I listen to that I know was unfinished. It's still better than Debbie Boone's original, that's for sure. I'm glad you like it.

#167 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

View PostPetra, on 09 April 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 09 April 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

View Postsalute88, on 09 April 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Cee Lo is on Ellen now talking about the movie. No new info, just saying that he had known her for a few years and that he was working with her on her new album that was supposed to come out. His exact words were: "i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". He also said he spoke with her a few days before her death and that she looked really beautiful in the movie.

Nothing really insightful but just wanted to share.

"i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". :huh: What!!!!!
Yeah, that caught my eye too. But so far we've had little info about that album. I recall Ne Yo saying she wanted songs which would show people she was in a good place and happy. I didn't get the impression it was actually finished. Maybe she recorded some songs. I don't wanna get excited over nothing. And I kinda feel guilty feeling getting excited about an album she didn't get to finish because she died. I don't know...
Hey guy...I know I am late...but it seemed like Cee Lo was more unsure of the albums progressions outside of his track(s). When he made the statement he sounded more unsure than anything. Personally, I wouldnt worry about it b/c if the record label are still acting the same as when she was alive, even if there was new music...we prob still wouldnt get it. They would vault it move on or prob give it to another artist...the truth is shadey.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#168 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,559 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 15 April 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

:flowers: Sorry, did not mean anything bad. I do try with that song, but I just get the impression that as some point Whitney just said eff-it and refused to do anything to clean it up. It is the one Whitney song that I listen to that I know was unfinished. It's still better than Debbie Boone's original, that's for sure. I'm glad you like it.

Oh, it's okay, its just your opinion. I know a lot of fans actually dislike that track, but I've always enjoyed it.
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#169 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postclemsonfight, on 16 April 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Oh, it's okay, its just your opinion. I know a lot of fans actually dislike that track, but I've always enjoyed it.

Ohh I like "You Light Up My Loooof" lol but really I do.

#170 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postliz06, on 16 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

:giggle: You are crazy!!!. I actually think she did not really like like the song or want to sing it at all. Its one of those ones that she was like, I'll sing this if ya'll insist. At that point she just didn't feel like singing about any lights, ya know. But it's o.k. for me until the key change and she just seems to be trying to hard to figure out how to give this syrup some interest and spice, and she's tired of it at that point, and thinkin', "let me just get this chit over and I'm outta here." And she meant it. Ha.Ha.Ha. This song actually makes me smile because I can just see Whitney going, "all right, I sung it, now I'm gone. Ya'll wanted it, ya'll figure it out." I can see the expressions on her face during my imagined conversation and I always crack myself up. The "looooof" is no big deal to me. It's part of the whole story, ya know. I just love it when Whitney just does what Whitney wants, so I get smiles from this song. But I am one of the perverse fans who love Whitney giving Wendy WannabeSomebody the what for. So, yes, this song puts me in agood mood, even if its for all the wrong reasons.

#171 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 16 April 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

View Postliz06, on 16 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

:giggle: You are crazy!!!. I actually think she did not really like like the song or want to sing it at all. Its one of those ones that she was like, I'll sing this if ya'll insist. At that point she just didn't feel like singing about any lights, ya know. But it's o.k. for me until the key change and she just seems to be trying to hard to figure out how to give this syrup some interest and spice, and she's tired of it at that point, and thinkin', "let me just get this chit over and I'm outta here." And she meant it. Ha.Ha.Ha. This song actually makes me smile because I can just see Whitney going, "all right, I sung it, now I'm gone. Ya'll wanted it, ya'll figure it out." I can see the expressions on her face during my imagined conversation and I always crack myself up. The "looooof" is no big deal to me. It's part of the whole story, ya know. I just love it when Whitney just does what Whitney wants, so I get smiles from this song. But I am one of the perverse fans who love Whitney giving Wendy WannabeSomebody the what for. So, yes, this song puts me in agood mood, even if its for all the wrong reasons.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I can see her doing and saying that!

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#172 remamamama

• 3,201 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

From CW...

Sparkle was the first trailer shown at Think Like A Man!

Everyone needs to see think like a man...i only went to see it because my baby daddy chris brown is in it lol! But, its really good n funny...but when I heard CeeLo song playin for sparkle trailer I damn near screamed...lol

I heard people sayin Aww Whitney, she looks good, when she started singing heiots some lady yelled out "alright Whitney you betta sang that song momma"! Lol

Posted Image

#173 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postremamamama, on 21 April 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

From CW...

Everyone needs to see think like a man...i only went to see it because my baby daddy chris brown is in it lol! But, its really good n funny...but when I heard CeeLo song playin for sparkle trailer I damn near screamed...lol

I heard people sayin Aww Whitney, she looks good, when she started singing heiots some lady yelled out "alright Whitney you betta sang that song momma"! Lol
:crying: I am preparing the tissues for August 17th. Haven't cried yet, so technically if I survived the funeral I should be fine. I just think the finality of the movie and the funeral scene will take me under and I will be sitting next to a friend who will for sure be weeping! Oh Whitney.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#174 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hey Everyone, be sure to like the Sparkle page on Facebook. Right now it only has about 2,200 likes. As the movie gets closer they will have more exclusive content, so don't forget to sigh up.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Sparkle

#175 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 21 April 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hey Everyone, be sure to like the Sparkle page on Facebook. Right now it only has about 2,200 likes. As the movie gets closer they will have more exclusive content, so don't forget to sigh up.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Sparkle
Already did when the page was made :)

#176 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Postremamamama, on 21 April 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

From CW...

My sister and cousin went and seen some movie with Zack Efron in it and Sparkle was one of the trailors. They were excited to tell me about it when they came home. Telling me about how good it looks and what not. I think a lot of people are surprised by how good this looks and I'm glad it's out as a trailor to these movies that are out. A lot of people are seeing it, even when they weren't expecting to.

#177 linxz

• 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

This movie will be a hit no questions asked I wonder if they will also put a tribute to Aaliyah or atleast include her version of Giving up on the soundtrack since Whitney made it clear she was our sparkle

#178 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

View Postlinxz, on 22 April 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

This movie will be a hit no questions asked I wonder if they will also put a tribute to Aaliyah or atleast include her version of Giving up on the soundtrack since Whitney made it clear she was our sparkle
Didn't even think about that. It would be nice. But I can already see the ending, the Whitney tribute, right before the credits roll out, "In loving memory...", I'm so gonna lose it watching this movie.

Edited by Petra, 23 April 2012 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#179 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostPetra, on 23 April 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Didn't even think about that. It would be nice. But I can already see the ending, the Whitney tribute, right before the credits roll out, "In loving memory...", I'm so gonna lose it watching this movie.

Why did you have to go and say that? :crying: Tears, tears, tears.

#180 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 23 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

View PostPetra, on 23 April 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Why did you have to go and say that? :crying: Tears, tears, tears.
Awww, I'm sorry honey, it just kinda came out. :(

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users