Whitney Houston 'Sparkle' Full Movie Trailer - Video Inside

216 replies to this topic

#151 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postsalute88, on 09 April 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Cee Lo is on Ellen now talking about the movie. No new info, just saying that he had known her for a few years and that he was working with her on her new album that was supposed to come out. His exact words were: "i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". He also said he spoke with her a few days before her death and that she looked really beautiful in the movie.

Nothing really insightful but just wanted to share.
I love when people who knew her and worked with her talk about her in public and portray her in a good light.

How I wish she had the chance to finish her "happy" album.

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#152 lovelyfran

• 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostPetra, on 09 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Cee Lo is on Ellen now talking about the movie. No new info, just saying that he had known her for a few years and that he was working with her on her new album that was supposed to come out. His exact words were: "i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". He also said he spoke with her a few days before her death and that she looked really beautiful in the movie.

I love when people who knew her and worked with her talk about her in public and portray her in a good light.

How I wish she had the chance to finish her "happy" album.

"i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released"

Whitney finished the song or some songs for the new album?, there's enough NEW material for a possible release??

#153 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

"i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". :huh: What!!!!!

#154 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 09 April 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

"i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". :huh: What!!!!!
Yeah, that caught my eye too. But so far we've had little info about that album. I recall Ne Yo saying she wanted songs which would show people she was in a good place and happy. I didn't get the impression it was actually finished. Maybe she recorded some songs. I don't wanna get excited over nothing. And I kinda feel guilty feeling getting excited about an album she didn't get to finish because she died. I don't know...

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#155 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 934 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, something was in the works for a new studio album. Cee lo is nice.

We know Narada had put down the music, and was waiting for Whitney to put down the vocals, according to rolling stone. Oh god this hurts, I adore narada and of course our princess of soul, this song would have been a dance floor anthem of mega portions, to say the least. Not sure bout neyo, i do beliveve he is still going on about his tracks that weren't on ILTY.

Though i am sure clivo will release something, what did he say, august?, After sparkle gets publicity etc, even if the tracks we not complete/reworked. Lets hope there are (close to even) completed tracks, that way beautiful Whitney blessed the final product's with her talents, how she intended.

Much love. I miss you Whitney.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#156 the1nonlydkd

• 4,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

Okay... this just made me shed a tear. I have ALWAYS!!!! Wanted him to work with Whitney on music. I was stoked to hear their paths had crossed on Sparkle. He is probably my favorite artist after Whitney, and to know they were working together before she passed... breaks my heart to know that my dream paring almost came true. Hopefully they actually did get to record something that he wrote or they collaborated on. His last album is AMAZING and had some songs on there that I always imagined Whitney singing.

Like this one (if you can listen to it with headphones, beautiful musical arrangement):

I can just hear Whitney holding out some head notes on the "I want YOOOOUUUUU" at the climax of this song.

And this one just has such an old school feel that I know Whitney would have flowed over so well:

That first note!!!! And I can hear her belting out the notes in the chorus.

Sigh... this makes me so sad to know she was working so hard.

Edited by the1nonlydkd, 10 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

LIVE: The ONLY way it can be done.

#157 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:24 AM

GET OUTTA MY HEAD D! Old Fashioned is it! I think we talked about that before when it first came out. There is another video of it on youtube, I wrote a comment and it got over 100 likes. I do like me some Cee Lo. I really hope they were able to record something, I'll take anything!

#158 the1nonlydkd

• 4,611 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, we did. I remember. It really hurt to hear they were working together. I really hope she recorded something of his. His lyrical genius is amazing and so poetic without coming off as contrived and calculated. And his music always has amazing depth. I think I just listened to the song above "I want you" 20 times just listening to the music, never mind the beautiful lyrics that I imagine myself singing to my wife one day when I find her. These are the things that made me dream of this collaboration. =/
Posted Image

LIVE: The ONLY way it can be done.

#159 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,558 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

If she's really recorded some tracks, then even if she didn't finish it, it could be released. if they wanted it to have 10+ tracks or whatever, I'm sure they have enough leftover from ILTY that they can use as filler.
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#160 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

View Postclemsonfight, on 10 April 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

If she's really recorded some tracks, then even if she didn't finish it, it could be released. if they wanted it to have 10+ tracks or whatever, I'm sure they have enough leftover from ILTY that they can use as filler.

They should just gather up all of Whitney's unreleased tracks, and release them. Whitney on her worst day is better than all these other singers combined. And Whitney is the only artist who always made sure that every track on every one of her albums was a killer track. Everyone else gives 2 or 3 decent songs and a bunch of filler (which is why nobody buys albums anymore). Whitney was a perfectionist and it has always amazed me that her albums have almost no "filler" tracks. Virtually every song she has ever recorded (with the notable exception of "You Light Up My Life") is a great recording. But now that there won't be any more new Whitney stuff being recorded, they can't be so perfectionist. They just need to release what they have got. Even before Whitney died, I was thinking they need to release her old stuff, so it's even more true now.

#161 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,558 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

^^ Aww I love You Light Up My Life :(
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#162 Delovely

• 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

sorry Font was too small on first post

Hi everyone,

I’m excited to see Sparkle On Aug 17. And was hyped about it late last year and I love the trailer. I have a question, I don't know how some of you may feel so don't beat me too bad. In the trailer when you first see Whitney snapping her fingers and getting sassy with Delores if you notice right above the tv... is just me or that a URN or a plain VASE? It's just a question. Anywho I think Whit and the cast looks great in their costumes.

#163 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,775 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 10 April 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

View Postclemsonfight, on 10 April 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

They should just gather up all of Whitney's unreleased tracks, and release them. Whitney on her worst day is better than all these other singers combined. And Whitney is the only artist who always made sure that every track on every one of her albums was a killer track. Everyone else gives 2 or 3 decent songs and a bunch of filler (which is why nobody buys albums anymore). Whitney was a perfectionist and it has always amazed me that her albums have almost no "filler" tracks. Virtually every song she has ever recorded (with the notable exception of "You Light Up My Life") is a great recording. But now that there won't be any more new Whitney stuff being recorded, they can't be so perfectionist. They just need to release what they have got. Even before Whitney died, I was thinking they need to release her old stuff, so it's even more true now.

I think you guys should relax a bit. He's the only one hinting that it was THAT far along. He may have suspected she'd been working on it but from the way Clive was talking they were in the planning stages. I don't think she had layed down vocals on anything other than the Sparkle stuff.

I really wish they'd use "FSG" in the new movie and have it be one of "moms" recordings from "back in the day". That would be really cool IMO. A glimpse of the voice from the past to present in one last movie.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#164 remamamama

• 3,191 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#165 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Her smile and stage presence are so flawless in these pictures, she can easily bring smiles to people and happiness no matter what she does.Can't wait for this movie, she looks so amazing and beautiful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users