Whitney Houston 'Sparkle' Full Movie Trailer - Video Inside

216 replies to this topic

#136 remamamama

• 3,209 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Some details on Whitney Houston, Jordin Sparks, and R. Kelly's 'Sparkle' soundtrack, including that Whitney-Jordin duet

The trailer for the upcoming remake of the 1976 musical drama Sparkle (which stars Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston) features a few promising snippets of the movie’s music, including bits of“Hooked on Your Love” and “Something He Can Feel,” which Aretha Franklin sang on the original film’s Curtis Mayfield-produced soundtrack. Intrigued? We talked to Sparks and Sparkledirector Salim Akil about what to expect from the soundtrack.

–The film will include new versions of most of the original songs, including “Something He Can Feel” (which En Vogue scored a hit with in the early ’90s), “Look Into Your Heart,” and “Jump.” But not the classic title track? “No, not the song ‘Sparkle,’” says Sparks. “Which actually could change, because we’re still working on getting songs on the soundtrack. That could be a possiblilty. I was wondering about that too! I’m actually meeting with people who are working on the soundtrack today. You know what, I’m going to mention that.”

–In addition to some arranging work, R. Kelly wrote two brand-new songs for the movie.“They’re just phenomenal,” says Sparks. “I remember them playing the demo for me and R. Kelly is singing them and I’m looking at everybody going, ‘I get to sing this song? Are youserious?’ I was very excited. My fans are going to see a different side of me, because it’s deep R&B. It’s got that old ’60s flair. It’s just really emotional and super connected.”

–One of the R. Kelly songs, “Celebrate,” is a duet between Sparks and Houston. “It’s just an upbeat, fun song with two women who can really blow,” says Akil. “It’s just one of those kind of songs. There’s no other way to put it. You’ve got two strong women who can sing their asses off. It’s upbeat and they’re trading off like Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley.” Sparks, who got to know Houston on set, is also excited about the duet. “I actually just heard a cut of it the other day and my jaw was on the floor,” she says. “For me as a singer growing up listening to her, to be able to do a song with her is incredible. And being her friend, just hearing how she sounded, it was amazing. So I can’t wait for people to hear that. I cannot wait.”

http://music-mix.ew....kle-soundtrack/

Posted Image

#137 bcnulater

• 1,680 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing. I'm all choked up...already.
TODAY is GOD's gift to us...What we do with TODAY is our gift to GOD....

#138 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Can't Wait!

#139 helltothenah!

• 1,439 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

"MY BABIES. I know ya'll don't love each other THAT much." :giggle:
Posted Image

#140 remamamama

• 3,209 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Sparkle Live Chat with Jordin Sparks and Mike Epps (Video)
http://www.ustream.t...corded/21554641

Talks about watching the trailer for the first time, Whitney, the cast.....

Posted Image

#141 remamamama

• 3,209 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Love the "piano" moment between Whitney and Jordin.

Posted Image

#142 Nik31

• 1,591 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I thought I was doing better dealing with Whitney´s passing. But watching the trailer it hit me again. She looks so radiant and happy and full of life. It´s so difficult to understand why God had other plans for Whitney. I miss her so much, it breaks my heart.

#143 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,795 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Watching Mike's face turn to sadness is very telling after he says that about her acting in this movie. That was really profound of him to say it, especially since he said he's been telling everybody that. he looked really sad about it.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#144 the1nonlydkd

• 4,611 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm hoping they have an extensive gag reel they will put on the DVD. I know they had a ball on that set, and I would love to see Whitney in that environment.
Posted Image

LIVE: The ONLY way it can be done.

#145 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

View Postthe1nonlydkd, on 09 April 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

I'm hoping they have an extensive gag reel they will put on the DVD. I know they had a ball on that set, and I would love to see Whitney in that environment.

Oh absolutely! That would be so great!

#146 ILoveYouBack

Abu

• 205 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

That far away look Mike Epps also got when he described looking at Whitney and Jordin at the piano on set. Ugh. You can see the sadness. And you KNOW they are feeling conflicted about having to be upbeat in order to promote the movie, but also thinking to themselves "Whitney should be here doing this with us."

#147 love4whit

• 657 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Man what I would give to see Whitney getting to promote this!! Shed be so poised and proud. But god has a plan...

#148 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

View Postliz06, on 09 April 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

View Postthe1nonlydkd, on 09 April 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Oh absolutely! That would be so great!
They have to! I wouldn't mind watching hours of them messing up scenes, having fun and Whitney doing funny faces at Jordin :D

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#149 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Cee Lo is on Ellen now talking about the movie. No new info, just saying that he had known her for a few years and that he was working with her on her new album that was supposed to come out. His exact words were: "i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". He also said he spoke with her a few days before her death and that she looked really beautiful in the movie.

Nothing really insightful but just wanted to share.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#150 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postsalute88, on 09 April 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Cee Lo is on Ellen now talking about the movie. No new info, just saying that he had known her for a few years and that he was working with her on her new album that was supposed to come out. His exact words were: "i was working with her on her new album that may or may not still be released". He also said he spoke with her a few days before her death and that she looked really beautiful in the movie.

Nothing really insightful but just wanted to share.
I love when people who knew her and worked with her talk about her in public and portray her in a good light.

How I wish she had the chance to finish her "happy" album.

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users