Kim Burrell on Whitney (Showbiz Tonight)

21 replies to this topic

#1 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

I am not sure if this is posted some where on here but this def deserves it's own thread. In the interview, aired late night yesterday, Kim discusses Whitney, the drugs in her system and more. This is only part one . Tonight she will discuss Bobby Brown, did Whitney still love him and whats going on with BK and her alleged bf.

https://www.youtube....h?v=SkKvBvxZZmg

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#2 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Thank you for posting. Kim is a true friend.

Posted Image

#3 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

This is the first time I saw this interview. If there's any doubt about Kim Burrell's love and loyalty to Whitney, I think these interviews put any rumor to rest. It also shows what kind of person Whitney is.

Posted Image

#4 Nippyislove

• 83 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

Whow thank you for showing us this one, that shows that at least Kim stood by Whitneys side as a real friend. I hope to see part 2, too.

#5 Steplejack

• 49 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Kim was really a true friend

#6 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,606 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

"Today's greatest living singer..." (Cough) :whistling:

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#7 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

wow, my heart is so heavy now..i just love the way she speaks about Whitney and i love when she smiles..

Terrence, you're not letting that go, huh? :roflmao:

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#8 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,606 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostPetra, on 29 March 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Terrence, you're not letting that go, huh? :roflmao:

Not until I see the damn receipts...

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#9 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Seen this last night as well!
BTW I don't know if this is already been posted but Kim mentioned that the song she same at Whitney's homegoing is going to be on a tribute type album, from what I remember her saying, the Sam Cooke song she remade!
Posted Image

#10 dablack11

• 292 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Postremamamama, on 29 March 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

This is the first time I saw this interview. If there's any doubt about Kim Burrell's love and loyalty to Whitney, I think these interviews put any rumor to rest. It also shows what kind of person Whitney is.
When i first saw this, i teared up. I still do.

#11 ckwhitney

• 965 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

I did not imagine that I would cry the whole way through that interview but I did. Oh Whitney is all I can really say. So missed.
Posted Image

#12 the1nonlydkd

• 4,611 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

View PostTerrence, on 29 March 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

"Today's greatest living singer..." (Cough) :whistling:

I'm sure thats what Whitney told her. She was her favorite singer!

Now I'm not going to rate her above Whitney because I loves me some belting, but Kim can SANG! And its like a totally different style from Whitney, but it amazes me in the same manner. Last year at that concert she AMAZED me. The things she can do with her voice and those runs... makes you wanna SLAP YO MOMMA... and if my momma wasn't a plum fool I coulda did it, as she was sitting next to me the whole concert. lol But mix her vocal abilities and when she is consumed in the spirit. Wow. I remember the IBIYAM tribute, I wasn't really feeling her, but after seeing her live. She'll have you sitting there like :blink: :crying: . The notes she finds that if someone else sang would be totally off key, she makes em sound on key.

But what she is showing in these interviews is what made me fall in love with her spirit that night. You could tell that she was a true friend of Whitney, but at the same time she had that giddy approach of like "OMG Whitney Houston is my friend!" like any of us fans would be if we ever somehow found ourselves on that level with Whitney. I liked that she didn't try and hide that, and felt that when she spoke about her, it wasn't in the vain to boast about it, but that she was just excited about it and truly appreciated the friendship.

This just popped in my head in reference to experiencing Kim's voice live. Seeing videos on Youtube, its like you're like "DANG THAT GIRL CAN SANG!" but when you see it live, its something about that amount of talent being in the same room as you, just makes it all the more real and magnifies it x100. And I always imagined that the day I got to see Whitney live, it would be the exact same way. But I'll never get to experience that. I was so ready for her to walk in to that room that night. The picture in my head of her walking in was SO VIVID, I could just see her walking in a black dress with that curly wig and me sitting a few rows behind her with her entourage and Krissi right by her side. Matter fact now that I think about it, they would have been sitting directly in front of me and my mom. There were a gang of seats that were empty next to Shirley Caesar who was directly in front of me... :(

Ugh. Let me go to sleep...

Edited by the1nonlydkd, 30 March 2012 - 01:49 AM.

Posted Image

LIVE: The ONLY way it can be done.

#13 the1nonlydkd

• 4,611 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

I must add that that shear awe of talent was also experienced when Shirley got up and straight RIPPED the stage. That little lady has the fire of God burning all up and through her!
Posted Image

LIVE: The ONLY way it can be done.

#14 tms78

• 193 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Kim didn't call herself today's greatest living singer. She's too much a fan of The Clark Sisters, Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Aretha Franklin, and Shirley Caesar to put herself above them.

Just because someone calls themself her manager and tweets with her name doesn't mean they are someone that we should trust as authentic. Everything about that promotional vid sounds like "I've heard something, and Imma run with it to get attention and/or notoriety." We all have seen Kim Burrell speak her mind enough to know that when there is something to be said, she will say it. She won't send a representative.

Being Whitney fans we should have already learned that lesson ages ago.

#15 Tejay06

• 859 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

View Postremamamama, on 29 March 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

I'm surprised no one has commented on Kim's Whitney-esque gesture in the screen shot. I know during some of the WTE interviews and I believe on The Diane Sawyer, Whitney did the exact same thing with hands when moving her hair. Maybe all women do it, but watching Kim do it in this shot reminds me very much of Whitney.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users