Which is your favorite Whitney movie and why?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Whitney films (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your favorite Whitney movie?

1. The Bodyguard (17 votes [44.74%])

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

2. Waiting to Exhale (6 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

3. The Preacher's Wife (11 votes [28.95%])

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

4. Cinderella (4 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,559 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Since the Bodyguard was shown in theaters tonight for one night only, I figured it'd be a good time to see what everyone's favorite Whitney movie was. And yes, I included Cinderella even though it was a TV movie.

Anyway, I personally love and treasure the Preacher's Wife. I wear it the hell out during the holidays...just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. What about you?
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#2 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 948 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

All of them, for different reasons.

tho, WTE is my least favourite, as i think the script drags a little, with 'filler scenes.'

But i know sparkle was gonna be, even before the heartbreak, because it was Whitney's dream and love. :crying:

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#3 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

I Chose WTE!!!! Because It Was A Character That I Liked Seeing Whitney Play!!! I Think It Is Her Best Actng Out Of The Four! Cinderella Would Come Second! I Hope Her Performance In Sparkle Make Her Acting Number One For Me!!! R.I.P. WHITNEY!!!!

#4 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,790 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Bodygaurd. Hands down.

She maybe displayed better acting in other movies because she had more experience, but the Bodygaurd is and forever always be the best.

I'm sorry but watching that tonight in theaters proved it's A, a classic and B historic. For the first time EVER i noticed it was a love story between a black and white person. Never crossed my mind untill years and years later (actually a couple years ago only because we had a discussion about it on this forum). It was so natural and so great that it wasn't even a big deal.

Whitney Houston did more for American history than the scum know. Talking about "lowering a flag for a drug addict". Excuse me? Who's to say half them soliders weren't drug addicts either? Y'all killed them for 3 dollar gas, so pump some, BLEEP! losers.

I hate people for real though.
Work my nerves every minute daily.

Thank god for WF I don't know who I'd talk to. LOL!

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#5 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 28 March 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Bodygaurd. Hands down.

She maybe displayed better acting in other movies because she had more experience, but the Bodygaurd is and forever always be the best.

I'm sorry but watching that tonight in theaters proved it's A, a classic and B historic. For the first time EVER i noticed it was a love story between a black and white person. Never crossed my mind untill years and years later (actually a couple years ago only because we had a discussion about it on this forum). It was so natural and so great that it wasn't even a big deal.

Whitney Houston did more for American history than the scum know. Talking about "lowering a flag for a drug addict". Excuse me? Who's to say half them soliders weren't drug addicts either? Y'all killed them for 3 dollar gas, so pump some, BLEEP! losers.

Aren't You Gonna Vote For It?

#6 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

I still haven't seen Exhale, Preacher, or Cinderella(though I watch the singing bits on youtube ). Yeah I take my time alright!!!! lol I'll say the Bodyguard. All together silly movie but there's something highly endearing about it. Might have to do with the fact that Whitney's in it
Posted Image

#7 worldsbest

• 647 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Of course The Bodyguard!!

She is THE STAR in this movie. The first is always something very special as well...

Voted!

:thumbup:

#8 Accomplice

• 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:40 PM

The Bodyguard is an entity of it's own, you can't really compare it to the others.

#9 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

View Posttotal23, on 28 March 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

I Chose WTE!!!! Because It Was A Character That I Liked Seeing Whitney Play!!! I Think It Is Her Best Actng Out Of The Four! Cinderella Would Come Second! I Hope Her Performance In Sparkle Make Her Acting Number One For Me!!! R.I.P. WHITNEY!!!!

View Posttotal23, on 28 March 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 28 March 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Bodygaurd. Hands down.

Aren't You Gonna Vote For It?
Never Mind!

#10 Accomplice

• 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postbuddha, on 28 March 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I still haven't seen Exhale, Preacher, or Cinderella(though I watch the singing bits on youtube ). Yeah I take my time alright!!!! lol I'll say the Bodyguard. All together silly movie but there's something highly endearing about it. Might have to do with the fact that Whitney's in it

How is this possible?! LOL, you gonna have to have a movie marathon. :thumbup:

#11 lbw0046

• 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

oh wow this is hard, i love all her movies. I'll have to go with The Bodyguard, i was so obsessed with that movie when i was little. I was watching it earlier today on Blu-ray and was just mesmerized by her.

#12 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

WTE...I love TBG & Cinderella. I dislike TPW because the entire movie is uber cheesy. I just like the church scenes where Whitney is back to her New Hope days lol. I think WTE shows her as a real woman. I think she can actually identify with that character more than any of the others....her acting was the most natural.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#13 jersey

• 547 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Bodyguard hands down.

Love seeing Whitney w/o make-up on the balcony with Fletcher. That woman is so beautiful.

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#14 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

Although I love TPW and WTE, i have to go with The Bodyguard.

Her acting wasn't great and I know she was critiqued for it, but despite all that, the movie became an instant classic. And that was the moment she became an absolute living legend, there was no going back after that.

I like it because it was natural for her because of the showbusiness thing. Although I love how she said that Rachel and her weren't alike and if someone wanted to kill her, she'd be outta there! :D The soundtrack, well, I don't have to explain that. She was so beautiful and she had great chemistry with Kevin. I loved them both.

And it also marks the first time i noticed her. Being borng in 1992, I didn't have the chance to follow her career from the start or witness that Whitney explosion in the early nineties. So when I first saw TBG, I taped it and watched it over and over and over again.

I have a little confession to make, I have never seen Cinderella. *runs away to hide*

Edited by Petra, 29 March 2012 - 03:10 AM.

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#15 remamamama

• 3,203 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

In Dionne's words..."the first one".

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users