Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

Damn ...
Posted Image

#92 worldsbest

• 647 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

:(
I guess I'll just shut-up here....

Nothing more I can do about people's perception.

People who truly love her will continue to love and understand her...And as for those people who don't, just let them babble, they'll get tired eventually...

If this is the final closure for her family, it is my final closure too...

I Love Whitney.. I will remember her as the greatest singer with the greatest voice who inspired and touched me like no one ever was.

Forever I am your loving fan... Worldsbest! :clover: :clover: :clover:

#93 Sari

• 86 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

I was so hoping that there wouldn't be drugs involved. I'm sad. I'm disappointed. I thought Whitney was done with drugs, but it wasn't to be.

I keep thinking how utterly tragic this all is. And a lot of what if's are going through my head. Again. What if she had never been such a superstar, what if she never met Bobby, what if she just would have done that fruit stand thing, what if, what if...

I just wish life could have been more.. I don't know... gentler towards her. RIP Whitney <3
Rose: "I wasn't talking to myself. I was talking to the dog."

Sophia: "My Auntie Bet used to talk to woodpeckers. A thousand volts a day stopped that."

- from the Golden Girls -

#94 ckwhitney

• 965 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Wow. I am just now am hearing this. Been a busy day but ALL day long I was thinking of Whitney. I actually opened my contacts on my phone and there was Whitney's name ( had saved the fan clubs text messages as Whitney's People). I smiled all day thinking of this. Wondering if we could send her DNA to be cloned...Just silly stuff. Now I am reading this and just for a fleeting moment the sadness took over. I would say I am disappointed, but not in Whitney, she is certainly human and it does not change a thing on her, just makes me actually miss her more. What I am disapponted about is the process of people just being terrible. No heart, no soul, just pure greed to make that money. Seems that this just added to Whitney's early trip home. But its God's greater design. I have taken comfort in Cissy's letter that she knew from a young age Whitney would not be here long. So no matter what Whitney did, it was just her time. This is just the way she went. Love and miss her so much, and will continue too!
Posted Image

#95 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostJohn-John, on 22 March 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

Just got the USA TODAY alert. On mobile so I sent link to Larry & Jace's email.

Thanks John-John! Much appreciated. :flowers:
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#96 jersey

• 547 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

In order and out of order, we love you whitney!

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#97 Joleen

• 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

This is what I felt all along, I mean that her body was wore down from the years of abuse. I am sure she had many nights like that one where she was fine, but not this time. :( This one last time didn't grant her another chance. sigh. Whitney is not alone. She's not the only one to struggle with a disease such as this. It could have been anybody, it could have been one of our loved ones. I don't think people will think negative of her. Look at other icons who have died in a similar way? Elvis Presley had died from his own addictions and is still known as the king of rock and roll, so Whitney will always be our pop queen and nothing will change that. I think anybody who makes negative have no heart anyway and it doesn't matter what they think.

#98 s0436

• 1,269 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

The alcohol was obviously for her bodyguard or hangers on.

I think we all knew deep down she wasn't completely clean and sober because her voice wasnt consistent enough and it's so hard not to relapse when you are surrounded by temptation. If only he could've found a nice older gentleman who would respect her. You can see what Pat was talking about in the Oprah interview about her looking for love in the wrong places?

#99 Alexandros

Mr Art Director

• 2,933 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

Oh Whitney...
Posted Image

#100 lilseanb

• 672 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

:(
The toxicology doesn't change anything. I still LOVE you Whitney! RIP.

"And I'm signing this song...just for you"

Posted Image

WHITNEY I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
Nothing But Love World Tour 2010
Birmingham (13/4) - Nottingham (14/4) - London (26/4) - Manchester (16/6) - Manchester (17/6)

#101 Kevin

Pitchologist Dr. Kevin

• 6,103 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

I genuinely thought she had beat her demons. I must've been wrong. However nothing changes. I still love her more than ever. She's my angel. Forever. I miss you Whitney. But I prefer you in Heaven with no demons rather than on Earth destroying your body.

Posted Image
Whitney Houston defines Beauty
Beauty defines Whitney Houston

Sleep in peace my beautiful Angel

#102 EAGomez

• 173 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

THIS... made me so, I don't even know how to describe it.

I'm sad on a whole other level now.. In my heart I TRUELY believed Whitney had stopped using drugs, I was hoping so bad for it, telling everybody she didn't do it anymore and she's in a very good place now. Defending her, because I thought that she stopped, and now.. I just don't know.

Maybe I'm rambling because I'm sooooo sad, it's like 02/11 all over again for me...

I wouldn't have cared if she could never sing a note again, and if her voice would be a whisper from now on, I just wanted to see her smile, and back in her game you know.. And I wanted to make sure she cleared her name, because not everybody knows that she was doing well.. or was she?

......... I need some prayer for this..
Posted Image

If we could just get it back!

#103 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

This puts a really sad and tragic spin to her death...there's no denying that. Even if we don't have all the details, like how much she used. I was hoping she'd be clean but deep down I knew it would be big struggle especially because she remained in the entertainment industry. Whatever way she died does not alter my views of her in anyway to the negative and I hope attitudes toward addicts wouldn't be so judgemental but that's not the case today. This will die down too though and all that remains is her incredible legacy to music.
Posted Image

#104 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,812 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

She is still Whitney Houston. I know we all hoped that drugs are not part of her death, but wanted to remind you guys that Whitney's addiction was a full blown disease. I have no doubt that Whitney was clean when she said she was. More than anyone I hoped Whitney would beat the odds and stats that say that 80% of addicts relapse, but I guess she wasn't lucky to be one of the 20%.

May she rest in peace, I still love her and that does not change how much I admire her or her legacy. She is Whitney Houston

Edited by Tiger, 23 March 2012 - 08:13 AM.

Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#105 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

at the length truth will out.

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users