Jump to content


Whitney's Last Will & Testament



65 replies to this topic

#16 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

View Postsmann87, on 07 March 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 07 March 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 07 March 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

BTW, does anyone even know if what they are circulating is real? From what it appears, it's dated 2000, and there was another report that the will was updated after her divorce (which would be the normal thing that any good divorce attorney would advice as soon as one separated), so who knows what this is. The only way anyone will know for sure is if it is published and no other wills or codicils turn up. One thing is sure, if this will is legit and it is from 2000, Bobby Brown will be sniffing around.

She never left him anything to begin with. From the time the document was drawn up everything went to Kris.

Which I find fascinating by the way. I'm wondering what her exact frame of mind was when she did that...I'd like to think she didn't trust him but she could've figured he had his own finances so she left hers to her daughter...I can see this being why people find wills being private matters....because we'll never really know and I realize I'm by no means obliged to know either.

Based on the snipet of the alleged 2000 Will that was published, there is no way to determine if Whitney leobby anything.The snippet only seems to deal with certain personalty, not securities, realty or anything else. I think it is premature to state what Whitney's Will did or did not do.

#17 NippyFanNy779

    Senior Member

  • 8,795 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Postsmann87, on 07 March 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 07 March 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 07 March 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

BTW, does anyone even know if what they are circulating is real? From what it appears, it's dated 2000, and there was another report that the will was updated after her divorce (which would be the normal thing that any good divorce attorney would advice as soon as one separated), so who knows what this is. The only way anyone will know for sure is if it is published and no other wills or codicils turn up. One thing is sure, if this will is legit and it is from 2000, Bobby Brown will be sniffing around.

She never left him anything to begin with. From the time the document was drawn up everything went to Kris.

Which I find fascinating by the way. I'm wondering what her exact frame of mind was when she did that...I'd like to think she didn't trust him but she could've figured he had his own finances so she left hers to her daughter...I can see this being why people find wills being private matters....because we'll never really know and I realize I'm by no means obliged to know either.

Idk if you read her prenup but it showed that she was very much about keeping their finances separate so there would be no confusion and it is actually quite common in estates of her size to make the children the soul heirs

Posted Image


Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?


#18 smann87

    Senior Member

  • 6,423 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 07 March 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

View Postsmann87, on 07 March 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 07 March 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 07 March 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

BTW, does anyone even know if what they are circulating is real? From what it appears, it's dated 2000, and there was another report that the will was updated after her divorce (which would be the normal thing that any good divorce attorney would advice as soon as one separated), so who knows what this is. The only way anyone will know for sure is if it is published and no other wills or codicils turn up. One thing is sure, if this will is legit and it is from 2000, Bobby Brown will be sniffing around.

She never left him anything to begin with. From the time the document was drawn up everything went to Kris.

Which I find fascinating by the way. I'm wondering what her exact frame of mind was when she did that...I'd like to think she didn't trust him but she could've figured he had his own finances so she left hers to her daughter...I can see this being why people find wills being private matters....because we'll never really know and I realize I'm by no means obliged to know either.

Idk if you read her prenup but it showed that she was very much about keeping their finances separate so there would be no confusion and it is actually quite common in estates of her size to make the children the soul heirs

Good for her....I didn't read her prenup but I wish celebrities were as smart as she was!


Sean
Posted Image

#19 MLIYL

    Senior Member

  • 2,359 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

showbiz411
#WhitneyHouston her last will and test was updated in 2004 -- other stories incorrect
Posted Image

#20 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostMLIYL, on 07 March 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

showbiz411
#WhitneyHouston her last will and test was updated in 2004 -- other stories incorrect

Interesting if true because she was still married to BB in 2004. But again, it's all just gossip at the moment. Nothing shown yet as to what was filed for probate.

#21 KSL415

    Member

  • 289 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

I dunno how I feel about this, just hits me when you talk about her will, etc.
Posted Image

#22 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostKSL415, on 07 March 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

I dunno how I feel about this, just hits me when you talk about her will, etc.

I know exactly how I feel: Like someone's kicked me in the stomach and I want to lash out at someone. I want someone to vent my frustrations on, I want to scream that it's not right, it's not o.k. Not at all!!!!! I want someone all powerful to undo this horrible happening, that's what I want. I don't want to hear another person say she's gone to a better place. I just want this nightmare to end.

#23 remamamama

    Senior Member

  • 3,210 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

Good to hear Bobby didn't get a single dime.

Posted Image


#24 truthspeaker06

    Senior Member

  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

I just love the fact that even when she drew the will up in 2000 & updated in 2004 (while STILL married both times) she left everything to Krissi with Cissy being the executor. that speaks VOLUMES.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#25 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

View Posttruthspeaker06, on 08 March 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I just love the fact that even when she drew the will up in 2000 & updated in 2004 (while STILL married both times) she left everything to Krissi with Cissy being the executor. that speaks VOLUMES.


Yes it does. Whitney she loved her some Bobby, but she knew it was a destructive love and he was bad for her. She was really a smart and honest woman. People never give her the credit she deserves.

#26 NippyFanNy779

    Senior Member

  • 8,795 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Whitney was a smart business woman and she had good team. People do crazy things when it comes to money and leaving everything to Kris was the way to go.

Posted Image


Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?


#27 truthspeaker06

    Senior Member

  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 08 March 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

View Posttruthspeaker06, on 08 March 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I just love the fact that even when she drew the will up in 2000 & updated in 2004 (while STILL married both times) she left everything to Krissi with Cissy being the executor. that speaks VOLUMES.

Yes it does. Whitney she loved her some Bobby, but she knew it was a destructive love and he was bad for her. She was really a smart and honest woman. People never give her the credit she deserves.

& she knew that he would run through that money & she worked too BLEEP hard not to see her child & her mother taken care of. She made sure that Krissi would be taken care of & if what I've read is right about the "Trust" & Krissi getting some money when she turns 21, another chunk at 25, & the balance at 30, she made sure that Krissi would set & also has given her the chance to mature & go through life ups & downs & learn the value of the money. This way Kriss wont fall prey to who ever trying to get at her for the money, Cissy will have to OK the transfer of funds. I think this was a wise move on Whitney's part.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#28 buddha

    Senior Member

  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

I don't feel very uncomfortable about this info...obviously nowhere as uncomfortable as I felt about *that* photo. I would feel uncomfortable if I actually cared about all the details in the will though lol
Posted Image

#29 truthspeaker06

    Senior Member

  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 08 March 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Whitney was a smart business woman and she had good team. People do crazy things when it comes to money and leaving everything to Kris was the way to go.

People don't realize this woman was VERY business savy, I know for a fact her father taught her how to make a deal. Whitney has never really made bad business decisions, esp when it came to money. If what I've read is true, then she did the best thing possible. Esp with her not getting a lump sum of money up front, I love that Cissy and or Pat will have to OK anything extra.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#30 truthspeaker06

    Senior Member

  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

I've seen first hand children who parents have passed away and they were well off financially & the parents left them everything up front & within 5-6 years, they've blown through their parents entire estate. I like that this was structured & secure.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users