OT: Introduce Yourself! Newbies and Vets alike!

67 replies to this topic

#16 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,750 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostKSL415, on 07 March 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Can someone delete my post... I was trying to change the font on here, but IDK what the heck happened...lol...I can repost again...Thanks, Kevin

Got you covered, Kevin.

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#17 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hello everybody, I´m Pontus and Im 34 years old, I´m from Sweden. I´m actually a blogs moderator, which Im very proud of since this place is the best place online :thumbup:
I´m sure you´ll get to know me from my posts in the future, but a left wing queer feminist and atheist with nightly sugar cravings sums me up nicely to begin with :D

I´m still in shock over her death so I can´t speak about my love for her yet, but it´s never ending.

#18 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,750 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostPontusFromSweden, on 07 March 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hello everybody, I´m Pontus and Im 34 years old, I´m from Sweden. I´m actually a blogs moderator, which Im very proud of since this place is the best place online :thumbup:
I´m sure you´ll get to know me from my posts in the future, but a left wing queer feminist and atheist with nightly sugar cravings sums me up nicely to begin with :D

I´m still in shock over her death so I can´t speak about my love for her yet, but it´s never ending.

Pontus!!! You? An atheist and feminist?!!!! When did this happen?!!! :giggle: Totally kidding. Pontus is my buddy! I rarely get to interact with you anymore so I take whatever chance I get, sir! :thumbup:

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#19 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostMind Speaker, on 07 March 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

View PostPontusFromSweden, on 07 March 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Pontus!!! You? An atheist and feminist?!!!! When did this happen?!!! :giggle: Totally kidding. Pontus is my buddy! I rarely get to interact with you anymore so I take whatever chance I get, sir! :thumbup:

HA HA HA HA You mean you have noticed?? ;)

I know! I miss that, but when I was about to get more into posting......she died! ....I dont find words for it......but in a strange way I want to be here even more now, and yes, my buddy...like the sound of that;)

#20 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hey everyone!

Kevin here, San Francisco native. Although I'm new to this forum, I've always been a huge Whitney fan since I was a kid. I'm an 80's baby so I pretty much grew up to my family listening to her music, and I got more into her in the early 90's. What I love about Whitney was her class, beauty, but most of all that Voice! Her songs are timeless classics to me and I believe that her voice, that gift, was God sent. But most of all the way she performed live, her emotion, soul, and gracefulness, the fact that she did not need backup dancers, props, just a Stage and a Mic and she would kill it.

Being an 80's baby, I grew up listening to that 90's music, of which I really miss, and for that I rarely if ever listen to the radio. Many of my friends and fam think I'm stuck back there, but I just laugh. Some of my favorite artists have some connection to Whitney: TLC, Brandy, Aaliyah, Monica, Mary just to name a few. Oh and I'm huge Patti fan as well.

In my mind Whitney Houston is thee GREATEST SINGER OF ALL TIME TO EVER GRACE THIS EARTH.

Some of my favs of hers:
One Moment in Time (inspiring song, her Grammys performance I believe is one of the best performances of all time)
I Will Always Love You (classic Whitney)
All At Once
Posted Image

#21 machswell

• 40 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm Elliot Daniels from Cincinnati Ohio and I so miss WH not physically being with us but her spirit is with me everyday and always will be. God bless you all

#22 Tchoup

• 114 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hey everyone!

My name is Fred and I live in Portland, OR but born and raised in New Orleans, LA (Go Saints!). I have been a Whitney Houston fan for 26 years! I've always enjoyed listening to music and watching videos. In junior high school and the end of my 7th grade year, one of the teachers taped some music videos and brought them to school for us to see. My parents didn't have cable at the time so I thought it would be a treat. As we were looking at videos, it happened. Whitney Houston's YGGL came on and I was like "WHO IS THIS?" This girl had an amazing voice and was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. From then on I was hooked. Soon after my parents got cable and before you know it, I was searching every music channel just so I could see Whitney Houston. I remember one time I was watching BET and they had the world premiere of SAMLFY. I couldn't stop watching.... I was hooked. Soon came HWIK and I watched that video so much my mom who never sang secular music would sing "How Will I Know" all the time. At some point she got so annoyed with it, she was like "Turn that damn girl off!"

I've been able to see Whitney four times in concert. Once during the Moment of Truth tour in New Orleans, LA, again for the I'm Your Baby Tonight tour in New Orleans, LA, for The Bodyguard tour in Lake Charles, LA and the last time was the My Love Is Your Love tour (Front Row) in Atlanta, GA.

Whitney Houston is the only artist that I've had this connection to. There are many artists that I enjoy but none even come close to comparing to Whitney Houston.

On 211, I came home from shopping with my two month old daughter and turned on the television. The channel was on CNN and my heart dropped. I'm getting emotional as I right this. I immediately said this was a horrible rumor that someone started and I was not going to believe it. Unfortunately, it wasn't the case. A part of me died when Whitney Houston died. My heart aches on a daily basis. It's hard to listen to her music or watch her videos or movies. I was so excited for Whitney during the "Sparkle" period because she looked so healthy and happy. I still can't believe she's gone!

I've been coming to Whitney-fan for years now and I so love how the focus is always Whitney and how the moderators try to keep all the nonsense away. Thank so much for this site! I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have you to cope with for the last month.

My prayers and well wishes to all of you. Peace and Love.

#23 truthspeaker06

• 2,450 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

First welcome to all of the newbies & hello to all of the Vets!

I'm Truthspeaker06 (Eric) I just turned 24 yesterday & I was raised on Whitney but came to know & love her for myself when I was in the 6th grade & MLIYL dropped. I was in the 6th grade and was walking through my grandmothers living room and the INRBIO video was on. I was INSTANTLY stopped in my tracks & thought certainly this isn't the same Whitney Houston from TBG? Who was this sexy woman strutting across my tv with all of this attitude? Ever since that I was hooked & it made go back & really discover all of her previous work for myself.

I like most of you lurked on WF for YEARS before joining & even after I joined it took me forever to post. I had come from CW & was burned & thought well they seem cool on WF but the folks on CW seemed cool at first so I just wasn't sure but in the words of our Whitney "I Didn't Know What To Expect, But What I Got Was Love, Mad Love" LOL. WF has been my home for so many years I've lost count. Even when I was going through my own life issues and was ghost from the board for like a year or so when I came back & left again & then came back for good, WF was right there welcoming me back with open arms. I've mad some long lasting & real friendships in the real world because of WF. Kisha, Miguel, Yvonne, Derrick, Liz, Jace, Larry, Dedrean (sp), Bobby, Terrence, Trey & a few others are all posters I've been blessed to have either spent time with or made a personal connection with outside of WF.They and all of WF Posters have become like family to me & I know that it's because of you guys that I've been able to make it through this dark time.

When Whitney passed, It was the first time since my Grandmother passed away on 2001 that I would experience pain of THIS magnitude. Yes I've lost several people & yes it all hurt but I thought surely I wouldnt go back to that "dark place" again. Like most of you I just knew it was a rumor, one that we'd heard several times, but once I saw Kristen confirmed it, life for me changed forever. At that very moment I just wanted to throw in the towel and give it all up, but my WF has been such a pillar of strength in my life for the last month. We laughed together, we cried together, we danced & sang together, & I know that we're gonna be ok. Life WILL forever be different for us, but I have faith that we'll make it, it's the only way Whitney would have it.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#24 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Eric you done made me cry

We are a family. A Whitney family. She brought us all together. Momma Whitney.

Edited by liz06, 07 March 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#25 JustCJ

Legendary Status

• 4,328 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Welcome, newbies... I love reading your introductions... I'm CJ. This feels a little like a home coming for me since I haven't been super active on the site for the past couple of years... This thread actually reminds me why I soooooooo love this site... (thanks admins, Lisa, and Rachel).... This is really the only "safe place" on the Internet where REAL fans can gather and "get it out".... I've been here since 1998 and I can't count or even remember all the discussions, laughs, arguments ET. Cetera ET. Cetera.... I Love (with a capital L) the people here. I've been a fan since the start, since 1985 as a 5 year old GBM mesmerized by her voice, beauty, presence, spirit, courage, and on and on and on... Stevie W summed it up a couple weeks ago... I'm just thankful to GOD to have lived at the same time as Whitney Elizabeth Houston.
Posted Image

#26 dablack11

• 292 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Whats good everyone, I'm Tony, 28 years old, from South FL, and I've been on here for quite some time lurking before I actually signed up and joined. I remember when this was the Whitney worship webpage lol.

I've been a Whitney fan FOREVER. My aunt and uncle listened to her, and i grew up listening to her as well. I would love to meet some of the other Whitney fan family members. I briefly met Terrance a couple years back when he came to an event in FL (i choose not to say in order to protect the innocent lol).

#27 Kingston_fan

• 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hi, my name is Philip, I am 30 years old and I am a Jamaican currently residing in Pennsylvania, USA. I have been a Whitney fan since the age of 5. The very first song that I started to sing was the Greatest love of all. Since I was living in Jamaica until recently when I moved here I never got to see her perform live. In fact when she did that GMA performance that was the very first day I came here to live.

As someone who grew up in church and sang in the choir for almost 15 years she has really inspired me. I do not go out and buy albums often over the years but when I did you bet it would be a Whitney Houston album. I literally sing a song or two everyday from Whitney's catalog even if it's just a line or two.

I certainly miss her, although not a family member or a friend she has touched our lives for the better. When I was sad or just in a bad mood I would listen to a few of her songs and the sadness would disappear.

Whitney is my number 1.

#28 nancy

• 61 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm Nancy from Texas. I have been a fan since I was 4 and the HWIK video came out. I would make my mom tie something around my head so I could have a big bow too. I was a bit of a weird 4 year old I guess cause I'm Hispanic but at the age of 4 I would tell people that Whitney was my mom(my poor mom must have been embarrassed)! I had no idea that we were totally different races and there was know way I was related to her lol.She was always so cool and when the bodyguard came out I was 11 and that's when the collecting of magazines and videos happened. I became a member of this board back around 99 when we were still using the old board but stopped posting around 2000. I would still lurk sometimes but rarely posted. I love all you guys! Ya'll have been my strength through all this and have helped me stay sane in my "real life" by allowing me to share my thoughts of Whitney with you guys.

#29 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,888 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hey folks!! I'm Jace, from Illinois! :hello:

Let's see heeeeeeeere....about me. Welp, First up, my Whitney history. Back in the day as a child, I vaguely remember hearing WH singing HWIK, IWDWS, IYBT, & Miracle (which I thought was called Nothing Should Matter. Hahaha!!!) on the radio. I moreso remember that when I was in school, if someone dressed badly, we'd joke that they "dressed as bad as Whitney Houston", cuz everyone thought she dressed horribly (Obviously, this was around the IYBT catsuit days.).

Then came the fall of 1992. I'm in the dining room, preparing to go to school, when I hear the radio in the kitchen playing IWALY. OMG wow, what vocals. I thought it was another singer (I forget who.), then Irealized it was WH, and the song was in CONSTANT rotation the next couple weeks. Heavily. Wow, that voice....but STILL I wasn't a real fan yet.....until a schoolmate of mine bought TBG soundtrack, and CONSTANTLY sang every WH song from it, especially RTY, which she sang totally differently. LOL. Anyway, for some strange reason, something clicked, and by July, 1993, I became hardcore. Magazines. Cassette tapes. Records. Posters. Newspapers. VHS recordings. CDs. DVDs. Countless photos. BOOM! My fanhood took off like a rocket as I began building up my collection.

Then came Whitney-Fan.

I first "discovered" WF in September, 1996, but it was exactly SIX years until I actually joined the site, in September 2002. I heralded my arrival by making a silly "Behold: Whitney's #1 Fan" thread. Since then, my fanhood has continued to explode. Now...I'm called the "Resident Wigologist" because I pay such CLOSE attention to Whitney's hair: color, style, particular length, long, short, & everywhere in between, up, down, part up/part down, straight, wavy, curly, kinky, braided, real, weave, wig, messy, coiffed, WHATEVER and HOWEVER she presented her hair, I sat up and paid strict attention. Why? I dunno. I guess it just became my thing. Also my thing is dates. I'm big on that for some reason. I always wanna know specifically what date WH did anything, and if I do not know, I'm DRIVEN to find out. I also love seeing in a body-hugging, floor-length gown. Especially like the ones she wore during the IYBT, & TBG tours/years.

As for actually seeing Whitney in concert, I saw her only once: when I attended her very first concert of the MLIYL World Tour. I sat in the 27th row.

Through the years, I've enjoyed the ride...But far more special, more important than ALL of that, was the best friend I got out of it all: Larry. Lord Jesus, God almighty...I swear, I SWEAR, my life has never been the same since that boy first started PMing me. For that reason alone I will forever be greatful to Whitney. I'll fight hard for that kid. And I'm gonna just leave it at that.

I've also met some other cool people here fantastic people, like the ORIGINAL Jace (who no longer posts here. I really miss him.), Eboni, Lee, Eric, Terrence, TeJay06, Zolas, John-John, Karan, PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL (LOL!!), Liz, and a good number of others!!

My mind is still jarred because of the loss of our queen, but, I know everything will be alright. Because of her faith, I know she's with the Lord now. And if I stay on the right path, I know I'll see both of them someday.

Edited by Mr Jace, 07 March 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#30 Cantor

• 51 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostMr Jace, on 07 March 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Because of her faith, I know she's with the Lord now. And if I stay on the right path, I know I'll see both of them someday.

*THIS*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Posted Image

Go in peace, God be with you.

Go in peace, be at rest with the saints and the angels.

Now you are free.

Go in peace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users