Request To Use Whitney Houston's version of the National Anthem at next year's Superbowl

41 replies to this topic

#1 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

This Is Going Around On Facebook!

http://www.thepetiti...ears-superbowl/

Target: NFL Association
Sponsored by: Whitney Houston Fan Community

The reason why we should come together to sign this petition is to honor her legacy and show the world why her voice is the standard above all; and what better way to do this by resurfacing her Symbolic rendition of the National Anthem at next years Superbowl amongst hundreds of millions of viewers from around the world.

Posted Image

In 1991, Whitney performed what has become the most definitive version of our National Anthem, which has also become the blueprint that all versions thereafter has been compared to. As ultimate fans, we feel it would be an extraordinary honor to her legacy and our country to use her version at next year’s Superbowl festivities.

Whitney's rendition of our nations Anthem was symbolically used as an emblem during our country's hardest of times: The Gulf War and 9/11; therefore that is reason enough for her version to be reclaimed and re-issued at next year's Superbowl.

#2 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Done!

Posted on twitter!

Posted Image

#3 ThierryValentijn

• 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Done.

#4 NippyFanNy779

• 8,795 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Done

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#5 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

We Can Definetly Can Fulfill This Goal! 1000! Definitly!

#6 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Get this on Whitney's facebook account & official website I bet we'll get more than 1000 signatures in one day.

Posted Image

#7 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,559 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm on board for this and I signed it...but honestly guys, 110 million people watched the last Super Bowl. We're going to need a LOT more than just 1,000 signatures for this to have any chance at success.
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#8 NippyFanNy779

• 8,795 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Ok but the super bowl just passed we have almost a full year to rack up signatures the next season hasn't even started yet. I think we're in a good position to get this done

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#9 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,559 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Oh I totally agree...we can do this! I just think we needa set the bar a little higher is all :)
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#10 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Wow!! I was literally thinking about this a few minutes ago. I think they should play it next year and then again every year at the end of the first quarter, kinda like the 7th inning stretch in baseball.

#11 Nik31

• 1,591 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

fantastic idea. I hope we can get this done. If not, I´m sure Whitney´s rendition will be back in the charts no matter what. Let´s do this.

#12 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

I AM IN! This would be great...and maybe even have a video of her performance playing on the Big Screen...?
Posted Image

#13 whitwhit1fan22

• 973 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

YouTube it allready has more then a million views... I really wish Whitney was here to see all of this Love keep making HISTORY I'm buying to of all her albums i just have to.

Posted Image

#14 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

I Hope They Listen To Us!

#15 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

Whitney Houston Fans Eye Superbowl 2013 For Tribute

Following her death, the out pour of love from Whitney Houston supporters has been astounding- to say the least.

From Twitter, YouTube, Facebook to Tumblr, the late icons fans have taken to many a social media outlet in concert these last few weeks, all in support of the woman affectionately known as ‘Nippy‘.

This week, less than a month after her death, these supporters are launching a campaign which will see the most iconic moment of her career brought to life for one more time.

Sponsored by the Whitney Houston Fan Community, a petition for Houston’s Superbowl 1991 ‘National Anthem‘ performance to be re-aired at Superbowl 2013 was launched, in a bid to honor the star’s legacy.

The official page reads:

Target: NFL Association
Sponsored by: Whitney Houston Fan Community
Why we need your signature:

The reason why we should come together to sign this petition is to honor her legacy and show the world why her voice is the standard above all; and what better way to do this by resurfacing her Symbolic rendition of the National Anthem at next years Superbowl amongst hundreds of millions of viewers from around the world.

With 103 signatures so far, the campaign seems to be picking up speed and is set to gain further momentum following Oprah’s interview with Whitney’s daughter Bobbi this coming week.

Sign here.

http://thatgrapejuic...ute/#more-68768

Let's post the petition link on her youtube videos!!!!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users