Jump to content


Why isn't there a Whitney Live Album?



42 replies to this topic

#31 frisbie21

    Junior Member

  • 46 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

We should expect some "new" music from her around Christmas. I'm pretty sure that her label is going to milk some money. To be honest, I don't mind, cause I want to listen to some unreleased songs...to hear her voice again...

#32 atang245

    Junior Member

  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I love Whitney's music. But the best thing I love about Whitney was her smile and those eyes. They just radiate kindness. Even though she was consider a Diva; she didn't act like one; She was always dignify and classy, not like Madonna who sold out to the devil and start promoting sex and crudity.

#33 Cantor

    Member

  • 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postfrisbie21, on 28 February 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that her label is going to milk some money. To be honest, I don't mind, cause I want to listen to some unreleased songs...to hear her voice again...

I'm with you on that. Who wouldn't want to hear unreleased tracks?! There are already some things I've found that I didn't know existed. I had no clue that she'd done a cover of Steve Winwood's Higher Love back in '90 that wasn't released on the North American version of IYBT. I found it on YouTube and it sounds great. It would be nice to have a legit copy of it.

Posted Image


Go in peace, God be with you.

Go in peace, be at rest with the saints and the angels.

Now you are free.

Go in peace.


#34 Sari

    Member

  • 86 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

View PostJohn-John, on 27 February 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

View PostCretay, on 25 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I have a Whitney Live Album. I bought it years ago. Its the audio of The "A Song For You" DVD. Comes in a nice package., same art work as the DVD. Not a Arista release. From the netherlands. Once I figure out how to upload pics Ill show u guys

Yes I have it too. Unfortunately it's not the full concert. Songs were left off & I'm not sure why. Thw Welcome Home Heroes HBO special was the 1st video concert I ever bought when released--on VHS Back then. The audio concert released outside of America came many yrs later.

I have this cd also. And the VHS too, but can't watch it 'cause I don't have a vhs player anymore. It's not on DVD, is it?

And I have another live album "Whitney Houston - Concert for South Africa". Actually it's a two cd pack.
Rose: "I wasn't talking to myself. I was talking to the dog."

Sophia: "My Auntie Bet used to talk to woodpeckers. A thousand volts a day stopped that."

- from the Golden Girls -

#35 KSL415

    Member

  • 289 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostSari, on 06 March 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

View PostJohn-John, on 27 February 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

View PostCretay, on 25 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I have a Whitney Live Album. I bought it years ago. Its the audio of The "A Song For You" DVD. Comes in a nice package., same art work as the DVD. Not a Arista release. From the netherlands. Once I figure out how to upload pics Ill show u guys

Yes I have it too. Unfortunately it's not the full concert. Songs were left off & I'm not sure why. Thw Welcome Home Heroes HBO special was the 1st video concert I ever bought when released--on VHS Back then. The audio concert released outside of America came many yrs later.

I have this cd also. And the VHS too, but can't watch it 'cause I don't have a vhs player anymore. It's not on DVD, is it?

And I have another live album "Whitney Houston - Concert for South Africa". Actually it's a two cd pack.

Where did you purchase the South Africa concert at ? And hows the sound quality ? I'd love to get my hands on that.
Posted Image

#36 Sari

    Member

  • 86 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostKSL415, on 06 March 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostSari, on 06 March 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

View PostJohn-John, on 27 February 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

View PostCretay, on 25 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I have a Whitney Live Album. I bought it years ago. Its the audio of The "A Song For You" DVD. Comes in a nice package., same art work as the DVD. Not a Arista release. From the netherlands. Once I figure out how to upload pics Ill show u guys

Yes I have it too. Unfortunately it's not the full concert. Songs were left off & I'm not sure why. Thw Welcome Home Heroes HBO special was the 1st video concert I ever bought when released--on VHS Back then. The audio concert released outside of America came many yrs later.

I have this cd also. And the VHS too, but can't watch it 'cause I don't have a vhs player anymore. It's not on DVD, is it?

And I have another live album "Whitney Houston - Concert for South Africa". Actually it's a two cd pack.

Where did you purchase the South Africa concert at ? And hows the sound quality ? I'd love to get my hands on that.

Hi KSL415! I bought the pack from a Finnish online auction site, but I had previously seen it also on the Amazon UK site.

The sound is ok. Maybe not great, but ok :) Actually on one song (can't remember which) had a short time distortion. A few seconds only. Could be just my cd. Other than that, no complaints on the quality.
Rose: "I wasn't talking to myself. I was talking to the dog."

Sophia: "My Auntie Bet used to talk to woodpeckers. A thousand volts a day stopped that."

- from the Golden Girls -

#37 Cantor

    Member

  • 51 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

I had the South Africa concert taped on VHS when it originally aired. It's a concert I'd like to see released on DVD and/or CD. That was a smashingly good concert, and you could just feel the love from Whitney to the crowd, and from the crowd right back to Whitney.

Posted Image


Go in peace, God be with you.

Go in peace, be at rest with the saints and the angels.

Now you are free.

Go in peace.


#38 KSL415

    Member

  • 289 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostSari, on 07 March 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

View PostKSL415, on 06 March 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

View PostSari, on 06 March 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

View PostJohn-John, on 27 February 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

View PostCretay, on 25 February 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I have a Whitney Live Album. I bought it years ago. Its the audio of The "A Song For You" DVD. Comes in a nice package., same art work as the DVD. Not a Arista release. From the netherlands. Once I figure out how to upload pics Ill show u guys

Yes I have it too. Unfortunately it's not the full concert. Songs were left off & I'm not sure why. Thw Welcome Home Heroes HBO special was the 1st video concert I ever bought when released--on VHS Back then. The audio concert released outside of America came many yrs later.

I have this cd also. And the VHS too, but can't watch it 'cause I don't have a vhs player anymore. It's not on DVD, is it?

And I have another live album "Whitney Houston - Concert for South Africa". Actually it's a two cd pack.

Where did you purchase the South Africa concert at ? And hows the sound quality ? I'd love to get my hands on that.

Hi KSL415! I bought the pack from a Finnish online auction site, but I had previously seen it also on the Amazon UK site.

The sound is ok. Maybe not great, but ok :) Actually on one song (can't remember which) had a short time distortion. A few seconds only. Could be just my cd. Other than that, no complaints on the quality.

Great, I'll have to check out Amazon...Thanks Sari
Posted Image

#39 Mind Speaker

    A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

  • 9,748 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostCantor, on 07 March 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I had the South Africa concert taped on VHS when it originally aired. It's a concert I'd like to see released on DVD and/or CD. That was a smashingly good concert, and you could just feel the love from Whitney to the crowd, and from the crowd right back to Whitney.

The plan originally was for them to release it on VHS but it never happened. I remember way back when there were Blockbuster Music stores, I went in and of course searched Whitney and the South Africa concert was available for pre-order.

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."


Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.


(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)


#40 Every1lovesNippy

    Senior Member

  • 749 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostMind Speaker, on 07 March 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

View PostCantor, on 07 March 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I had the South Africa concert taped on VHS when it originally aired. It's a concert I'd like to see released on DVD and/or CD. That was a smashingly good concert, and you could just feel the love from Whitney to the crowd, and from the crowd right back to Whitney.

The plan originally was for them to release it on VHS but it never happened. I remember way back when there were Blockbuster Music stores, I went in and of course searched Whitney and the South Africa concert was available for pre-order.

I have the South Africa concert DVD. It's by that Imortal company out of the Netherlands. I got it on Amazon sometime before last Xmas. It cost quite a bit of money if I recall correctly. Now, I would probably wait for an official Arista release because this Imortal company does not provide the best picture and sound quality. I was glad I bought it at the time because I wa not hopeful that Sony would ever release Whitney's live stuff, but now, I would wait for something of quality that is authorized by Whitney's estate.

#41 KSL415

    Member

  • 289 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

I'm hoping they release it on DVD and the sound and picture quality are great. I have the WHH on VHS and the South Africa Concert would be great to my collection.


Posted Image

#42 ARG2009

    Member

  • 460 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostCantor, on 07 March 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

I had the South Africa concert taped on VHS when it originally aired. It's a concert I'd like to see released on DVD and/or CD. That was a smashingly good concert, and you could just feel the love from Whitney to the crowd, and from the crowd right back to Whitney.
Loved it too! In TGH DVD, it was released one of the songs, HD quality, so I guess they are able to to that with the whole concert...

#43 dcl310

    Junior Member

  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

i have a bootleg record 12" called live from new york it is from 1986.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users