Why isn't there a Whitney Live Album?

42 replies to this topic

#1 ibelieveinmeandme

• 73 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

Am a crazy but why on earth has Arista never released a live album of Whitney? This is the greatest singer in pop music history, for crying out loud! Obviously there's all the stuff on Youtube but the only thing I can find to purchase are downloads of MLIYL and INRBIO from Divas Live in the UK iTunes store. I'd love to see a release of a live album from either the Bodyguard, Pacific Rim or MLIYL world tours.

And isn't it a pity that Whitney never did an MTV Unplugged session? .......

#2 ARG2009

• 450 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

i made myself the same question several time.... :ermm:

#3 John-John

John-John

• 5,723 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Professional recordings of live concerts exist & arista has then among along with about 100 recorded but unreleased songs which didn't make the first 3 albums and her version of What Becomes of the Brokenhearted orig intended for TBG. These are all in the "vault" at arista we've talked about in yrs past.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

#4 remamamama

• 3,203 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostJohn-John, on 25 February 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Professional recordings of live concerts exist & arista has then among along with about 100 recorded but unreleased songs which didn't make the first 3 albums and her version of What Becomes of the Brokenhearted orig intended for TBG. These are all in the "vault" at arista we've talked about in yrs past.

100? I didn't know there were so many unreleased tracks. Did you mean 10?

Edited by remamamama, 25 February 2012 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

#5 John-John

John-John

• 5,723 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

No at least 100. She recorded at least 40 songs alone for Whitney.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

#6 remamamama

• 3,203 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostJohn-John, on 25 February 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

No at least 100. She recorded at least 40 songs alone for Whitney.

Wow. I honestly didn't know that. Did she record anything for MLIYL or ILTY that wasn't released?

Posted Image

#7 Zolas

• 4,294 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'm sure there are many recordings out there, but not sure if I want them released now. I wanna hear/have them ofcourse, but I feel that if they didn't release it at the time they shouldn't do it now, after her passing.

That being said, I would buy it of course. Whitney was better live than on recording. So much more feeling put into her live songs. I like it raw, unpolished... She's like the brightest diamond which lost some of it's shine because of overproducing. She didn't need that.

Posted Image

#8 s0436

• 1,269 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

I would love a DVD from the last two tours, and they could include a few unreleased songs on the DVD.

#9 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I would love to have her best live recordings on CD. I've downloaded several of them online but the sound quality is not the same. A live album would be great though. And I'm so anxious to get my hands on Whitney stuff.
Posted Image

#10 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

I suspect that the reason there is no live album is a simple one: money. Whitney was the greatest recording artist ever (her sales per album are phenomenal) and she was the ONLY great live pop singer of the past 30 years (every one else lip synched or simply did not have hits anyone cared about). The notion of a live album did not slip by someone at Arista. There had to be a road block, and with most things, that comes down to $$$. Artists are usually the ones who make most of the money from tours, so Whitney would probably have deserved a greater cut of the live album profits and Arista probably wasn't having that, so the there probably would have been an impasse ('cause Whitney was not stupid about the business and was too stubborn to let anyone take advantage of her).

Now that Whitney is no longer here, and the reality sets in at Sony, they may realize that releasing the live albums is what will make Whitney's catalog a goldmine. Live singing is what makes her the Bible for singers and, if promoted right, her live albums will sell for generations, 'cause she is that brilliant. And the Doro films documentary should also be released. Whitney did not want it released because it ws a dark time for her, but now she is no longer here, and she has told her story on Oprah anyway, the film shuld be released. It would slay at the Box office if released in the next year. The Doro folks are great at tour documentaries and they said this is some of their best work (obvious from the clips we have seen), so again, this is a no-brainer.

Whitney live is the template for all singers; anyone who wants to sing needs to see her live in HQ. Sony and the music industry owe it to future generations to release as much of Whitney's live material as is humanly possible. Just my thoughts.

#11 remamamama

• 3,203 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Don't want to sound negative, but they were saving all this live material for this day. All the unreleased material, a half decent greatest hits album, not one proper live album....all kept away because Whitney was still alive.

Posted Image

#12 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Its Not 100? They Said There Were At Least 3-5 Song That Did Not Make The Cut...They Should Be Releasing It This Year!

R.I.P. WHITNEY!

#13 Cretay

• 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I have a Whitney Live Album. I bought it years ago. Its the audio of The "A Song For You" DVD. Comes in a nice package., same art work as the DVD. Not a Arista release. From the netherlands. Once I figure out how to upload pics Ill show u guys

#14 Cretay

• 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Well I show say the Welcome Home Heros audio

#15 Cretay

• 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

some pics.

http://s456.photobuc...current=159.jpg

http://s456.photobuc...rrent%3D160.jpg

http://s456.photobuc...rrent%3D158.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic