Video: Longer snippet of "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" & Entertainment Tonight Interview

39 replies to this topic

#16 frisbie21

• 46 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Can't wait to see this movie. She looks and sounds stunning

#17 Zolas

• 4,292 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

Ahhhhh that VOICE! :wub:

View PostDani, on 24 February 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

Beautiful! In some way I'm happy that there is this movie with her and I'm really looking forward for that to come out. I'm just trying to take a positive perspective...

Me too... she didn't leave us with nothing :)

Posted Image

#18 worldsbest

• 647 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

:mellow:

I still can't believe Whitney is gone....

We're so looking forward to this era... sparkle era. Looking forward of seeing more appearances, more new songs, more great performances, more awards both in singing and acting... sooo much... and she's ready and still getting more ready for greater challenges, new hopes, new beginnings and she's on her way... i still can't take it... It's just sooo hard till now. I wonder how long will this feeling of lost shall last?

:crying:

#19 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

OMG ya'll HEARIN her? That voice is THERE! It leaves me wanting so much more!

I'm happy her voice is there for the movie. But it makes me sad that it was THAT good when she left us. But then again, she took her God given gift with her.

#20 MLIYL

• 2,359 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Just doesn't seem fair :(
Posted Image

#21 remamamama

• 3,201 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

I hope people from the music industry don't sleep on this like what they did with ILTY. This already sounds like it's going to be another Whitney classic like ILTY. Whitney at her final but finest moment. It should at least get a Grammy nomination for best gospel song.

Posted Image

#22 LuVaBoY

• 1,499 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

Oh my.... She sounds amazing! :crying:

Posted Image

#23 remamamama

• 3,201 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

Whitney Houston Shines On the Set of ‘Sparkle’

Pop icon Whitney Houston passed away on Feb. 11, but her legacy lives on in her classic recordings and movie roles. Whitney’s latest movie — a remake of ‘Sparkle‘ — is set to hit theaters in August 2012. But her fans can get a taste of her former Glory in this video clip from ET.

Starring as “Effie” in the film, Sparkle, Whitney performs a rousing rendition of the gospel classic “His Eye Is On The Sparrow”. Whitney makes liars out of those who said the drugs and alcohol robbed her of her beautiful voice.

http://sandrarose.co...kle/#more-55706

Posted Image

#24 karan

Karan

• 1,842 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

I can give my own life to her return
:(
Turn this around god!!!
;(
Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

"No matter what they take from me, they can't take away MY DIGNITY..."

Gift! Gift! Gift! - Oprah Winfrey

#25 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Tears tears and more tears...I just find this to be unacceptable that she's not here. I mean I can't wrap my brain around it I just can't. It still isn't seeming real for some reason. I see the headlines and all the RIPs but I really am in denial I believe. And OMG she sounds amazing my Whitney....

#26 dablack11

• 290 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

I saw this last night and almost couldnt hold it together. I'm sure there will be critics who will compare it to 1986 but a lot of people will see that she was back. I'm still dealing with the fact that she's not here, but i'm glad she's finally at peace. Although she was ready to get back to it, who are we to say she wouldnt have gotten back stressed out and fall back into the same hole again? I dunno, but i knew she was ready to do big things... but God had bigger plans.

#27 remamamama

• 3,201 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Now the Daily Mail is saying she was healthy & happy and her voice was 100% back. This is the same tabloid that claimed she was erratic and had blood spilt all over her. Don't they just love the idea of downfall and comeback? I just don't understand them. How can they sleep at night knowing that they are exploiting people every day just to make money?

'Her voice was 100% back': New behind-the-scenes footage shows a happy and healthy Whitney Houston on the set of her film Sparkle
http://www.dailymail...py-healthy.html

Posted Image

#28 remamamama

• 3,201 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

Debra Martin Chase tweeted that the trailer will be out in April. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like.

Here's Jordin singing "Look Into Your Heart"
http://www.toofab.co...-sparkle-video/

Posted Image

#29 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

View Postkaran, on 24 February 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I can give my own life to her return
:(
Turn this around god!!!
;(