USA Today's Pictorial Memorial To Whitney (Look closely for some Whitney-Fan members)

23 replies to this topic

#1 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,604 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

Check out USA Today's pictorial memorial to Whitney from Saturday's events. Look close for some Whitney-fan members

http://www.usatoday....houston-funeral

Posted Image

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#2 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

Really sir! :palm:

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#3 Austin

• 935 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Beautiful photos.
Posted Image

#4 Terrence

• 31,604 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 21 February 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

I think this is a great picture. It really shows some real emotion behind what Whitney and that moment meant to us. Her love bringing people together as one to remember her life and legacy. It's a beautiful thing. USA Today say us, other fans saw us, and more importantly Whitney saw us. She was there among us.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#5 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,812 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Where were you guys? I got to Jay and Sussex around 11:15 and I did not see you. I texted and called you. Ended up sticking around for an hour, watching it on Justin.TV on my phone then head back home to see the rest of it
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#6 Terrence

• 31,604 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostTiger, on 21 February 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Where were you guys? I got to Jay and Sussex around 11:15 and I did not see you. I texted and called you. Ended up sticking around for an hour, watching it on Justin.TV on my phone then head back home to see the rest of it

You did? I didn't get a call from you. I thought you just changed your mind about coming, Awh man, I would have loved to have met you! We were out there on Sussex on the opposite side of the church watching everything with the other fans. We left a little before 12 to go back to our hotel to watch the service on the TV.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#7 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,812 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostTerrence, on 21 February 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostTiger, on 21 February 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

You did? I didn't get a call from you. I thought you just changed your mind about coming, Awh man, I would have loved to have met you! We were out there on Sussex on the opposite side of the church watching everything with the other fans. We left a little before 12 to go back to our hotel to watch the service on the TV.
Yea! I texted a couple of times and called and got your voicemail, but I guess service was so-so in Newark. I was there. I couldn't come at first because I was very sick and was told to rest and stay indoors, but woek up feeling much better that morning so I put on extra warm clothes and came over.

It was still good though, I tried to remain outside the scopes of the camera though I looked like a mess, was counting on my shades to cover the red eyes but they BROKE in half! :-(
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#8 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostTerrence, on 21 February 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

I think this is a great picture. It really shows some real emotion behind what Whitney and that moment meant to us. Her love bringing people together as one to remember her life and legacy. It's a beautiful thing. USA Today say us, other fans saw us, and more importantly Whitney saw us. She was there among us.

You're right! And I'm beyond proud to be photographed with my brother on that day! I'm just always so shy about stuff

Posted Image

#9 Zolas

• 4,292 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 21 February 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

You're right! And I'm beyond proud to be photographed with my brother on that day! I'm just always so shy about stuff

The photo is a perfect representation of the grief of fans...

Posted Image

#10 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostZolas, on 21 February 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

It is, you can really see the emotion. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't there, I wouldn't have been so composed.

#11 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

View Postliz06, on 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

It is, you can really see the emotion. Maybe it's a good thing I wasn't there, I wouldn't have been so composed.

I am so thankful I remembered to pick up pair of sunglasses! I hid behind those things!

Posted Image

#12 laprimadivas1fan

• 5,268 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 21 February 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

View Postliz06, on 21 February 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

I am so thankful I remembered to pick up pair of sunglasses! I hid behind those things!

As CeCe said to Whitney before their duet @ '95 Vh1 Honors: Don't worry, you're beautiful.
Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

#13 Terrence

• 31,604 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

This pic also shows visually some of the frustration I had with the masses on Saturday. You saw some people there for Whitney and to remember her life and moved by emotion, and some who were there just to spectate, be on TV or watch the who's who list of people come in and out of the church. Everyone there wasn't there for Whitney.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#14 laprimadivas1fan

• 5,268 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Unfortunately, Terrence, that's always the case in such high-profile events. It was the same with Michael Jackson.
Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

#15 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostTerrence, on 21 February 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

This pic also shows visually some of the frustration I had with the masses on Saturday. You saw some people there for Whitney and to remember her life and moved by emotion, and some who were there just to spectate, be on TV or watch the who's who list of people come in and out of the church. Everyone there wasn't there for Whitney.

Couldn't have said it better. After seeing the true mourning going on the night before I just didn't let it enter my head that it would be that way.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users