Picking Up The Pieces...

824 replies to this topic

#61 nancy

• 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

View Postlove4whit, on 24 February 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

You know, when I just read the interview and voice and laughing comment, it made me immediately here her saying "You know I love you, right? Whitney loves you" at the "Don't Cry" performance footage.
where can i see that? i have the mp3 of just the song...

#62 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Tonight is hard for some reason. I don't know if it's finally hitting me or becoming a reality as we're trying to move on and she isn't here anymore, I don't know. I'm still crying. I'm finding some comfort in gospel music but even that makes me sad. I just wish it wasn't true. I'm trying to "accept it and move on" but BLEEP! why is it so hard? Why is this so hard?

#63 dablack11

• 292 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Postliz06, on 24 February 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Tonight is hard for some reason. I don't know if it's finally hitting me or becoming a reality as we're trying to move on and she isn't here anymore, I don't know. I'm still crying. I'm finding some comfort in gospel music but even that makes me sad. I just wish it wasn't true. I'm trying to "accept it and move on" but BLEEP! why is it so hard? Why is this so hard?

U and I are on the same wavelength.

#64 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Same here I cried at work today and cried tonight thinking about her after watching a utube video of her and krissy at the newark airport..how shes so protective of her babygirl and how babygirl is so protective of her mommie, best friend....telling the cameras back up off me lol...then i just got sad all over again knowing her babygirl is hurting so much right now, its unimaginable guess im still going throught the motions. I cant be fully happy it doesnt seem right now...sighs

#65 MLIYL

• 2,359 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Still can't believe it. Is this really happening?
Posted Image

#66 Zolas

• 4,303 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hang in there, guys... it will get better!

Posted Image

#67 Cantor

• 51 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:01 AM

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd been doing some writing to help with 'picking up the pieces',

Just thought I'd share some of what I'd written, which had to do with my frustration over all the ludicrous comparisons being made to 'real' heroes.

Posted Image

http://ktsub.wordpre...rthy-of-praise/

Posted Image

Go in peace, God be with you.

Go in peace, be at rest with the saints and the angels.

Now you are free.

Go in peace.

#68 richardlondon

• 325 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm so sad today. I just listened to I look to you. I'm embarrassed at how sad I feel. I'm so sad, inside I'm crying. :( will it get better, or is it part of us all forever.

#69 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

View Postrichardlondon, on 25 February 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

I'm so sad today. I just listened to I look to you. I'm embarrassed at how sad I feel. I'm so sad, inside I'm crying. :( will it get better, or is it part of us all forever.

Don't feel embarassed we're all sad and we have every right to be. We loved Whitney and it hurts that she is gone. It will get better but we will always miss her and IMO there will always be sadness that she is no longer with us.

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#70 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Looking at pictures of her today.....Man, I miss her so badly...
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#71 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

I feel a lot like everyone else, I'm a proud Whitney fan for life! Some family and friends question me as to why I am so into her, it's something unexplainable, I just have that connection with her, her music, and her spirit as a person. I listen to her songs all day, in my car, when I'm working out. I've recorded all the TV coverage on Whitney and have like 5 VHS tapes full of her.
I can't wait to get back to work and get my mind off this...the only other time I've felt this way for someone in showbiz was when Aaliyah passed.
Posted Image

#72 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,790 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I keep trying to act as if it's okay. That everything is okay, truth be told it is not.

I just keep trying to just live day to day not thinking about it, but it's near impossible. I still haven't listened to her music, however today I was really singing alot of her songs, which is only natural so that's a good sign. My voice was feelin' frisky and it felt good to sing considering I haven't done much since she passed. It's kinda of an Albanian thing not to listen to music the week before a funeral; it's an old "folktale" I guess you could call it. I just couldn't listen to Whitney and I didn't wanna hear anyone else's BLEEP! so I didn't bother, but it felt right so I feel like that's the Albanian in me. So because I felt like singing I just sang to the Adele song that is soothing my soul in all honesty. It's really the only song I'm listening to, though I been singing Whitney for a couple days here and there but today it was like all day long, lol. Like I said, back to usual!! Well halfway through the song I just broke down and started crying. What set me off? not the song. The fact I came here when I got home from work and skimmed the threads. Broke my heart again.

I'm very short tempered however, last night was the first night I have cursed out anyone at work and I did iit three times. Well, I let two of them have it. The third one is a classic cuss out. haha And two of them I love my co-worker and boss, the third is this dude who's just been itching to set me the BLEEP! off. I've allready had to tell him a couple times that he "Needs to back up just a little bit...(Where you think that came from?) and yesterday a full out curse out. I mean I let this fool have it. No one in the restaurant (in the back of course) even knew what to do or say. And it felt SOOOO good. Because for you old timers, I'm calm now. I'm no where near as hostile as I once was. I've learned that theres worse things in life that happen I gotta let BLEEP! go. However, some BLEEP! I'm just not having. I'm still Conclue.

I hate that I've spent less time on WF & CW these past two weeks than I have been. I just can't be all in this stuff because I can't take it. This was such an epic WTF event that it will be painful forever. I hope one day it fades but with Sparkle not even coming out untill August, I feel like this is gonna be a very long time.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#73 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,790 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostMLIYL, on 25 February 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

Still can't believe it. Is this really happening?

I know. Everytime I read your posts you make my heart heavier because your posts describe my reality so simply. WTF.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#74 dablack11

• 292 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 25 February 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I keep trying to act as if it's okay. That everything is okay, truth be told it is not. I just keep trying to just live day to day not thinking about it, but it's near impossible. I still haven't listened to her music, however today I was really singing alot of her songs, which is only natural so that's a good sign. My voice was feelin' frisky and it felt good to sing considering I haven't done much since she passed. It's kinda of an Albanian thing not to listen to music the week before a funeral; it's an old "folktale" I guess you could call it. I just couldn't listen to Whitney and I didn't wanna hear anyone else's BLEEP! so I didn't bother, but it felt right so I feel like that's the Albanian in me. So because I felt like singing I just sang to the Adele song that is soothing my soul in all honesty. It's really the only song I'm listening to, though I been singing Whitney for a couple days here and there but today it was like all day long, lol. Like I said, back to usual!! Well halfway through the song I just broke down and started crying. What set me off? not the song. The fact I came here when I got home from work and skimmed the threads. Broke my heart again. I'm very short tempered however, last night was the first night I have cursed out anyone at work and I did iit three times. Well, I let two of them have it. The third one is a classic cuss out. haha And two of them I love my co-worker and boss, the third is this dude who's just been itching to set me the BLEEP! off. I've allready had to tell him a couple times that he "Needs to back up just a little bit...(Where you think that came from?) and yesterday a full out curse out. I mean I let this fool have it. No one in the restaurant (in the back of course) even knew what to do or say. And it felt SOOOO good. Because for you old timers, I'm calm now. I'm no where near as hostile as I once was. I've learned that theres worse things in life that happen I gotta let BLEEP! go. However, some BLEEP! I'm just not having. I'm still Conclue. I hate that I've spent less time on WF & CW these past two weeks than I have been. I just can't be all in this stuff because I can't take it. This was such an epic WTF event that it will be painful forever. I hope one day it fades but with Sparkle not even coming out untill August, I feel like this is gonna be a very long time.

Same here with me being short tempered. I have been so cold to people just because....

#75 Cdj2002

• 1,361 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

I am starting to be able to see her image and interviews. It's still kinda hard to listen to any of the singles because they remind me of better times. Watching the funeral has really allowed me to cope with the fact that she is gone. I just keep praying her family and the Whitney-fans. I am glad that this community exists because I don't know what I would be doing without this site.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users