Picking Up The Pieces...

824 replies to this topic

#406 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 948 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

View Postjoinedtoolate, on 22 March 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

It finally happened. On the way home from work yesterday, the woman who sat next to me on the bus was talking at a decibel that could rival the space shuttle. I decided I would listen to my iPod. Now...up until this point...almost a month and a half since February 11, I had not listened to Whitney on the iPod. But for some reason, I decided at this point that I would just do it. I couldn't decide which Whitney to play. That always happened when she was with us, but it took on much more profound meaning now. Picking the right song/album was critical. Then I just decided to let go and let "Shuffle."

The first song: If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful. I was thrust back to my freshman year in high school. I've always loved this song. But listening to the fresh, clear, emotional, and powerful voice...I closed my eyes and pretended she was still alive and I was 14 years old again. And I began to lip sync to her parts of the song, onlookers be damned. She truly was a dynamic and wise-beyond-her-years interpreter. I used to think this was one of her easy songs technically, but no, I don't even think other professional singers could hit the peaks and valleys she hit.

Second Song: IBIYAM. The tears started streaming. The lyrics held so much more meaning now. iPod was choosing to play her most difficult songs.

Third Song: IWALY. Done. My head is down and I'm softly shaking and trying to wipe the tears as quickly as they come. My body starts to move to the rhythm of Whitney's delivery.

What I didn't realize is that I had my iPod turned up so loud, that people around me on the bus could hear me. I opened my eyes, and several people were looking at me. But...I swear...they weren't looks of ridicule. They were of understanding. They heard her through my ear buds; some smiled sympathetically. I took the unplugged the earbuds from the iPod and let her roar. No one lipsynced, no one sang along. We just listened. I was calmer, and I felt...welcomed. You know how it is to be ridiculed for being a Whitney Fan. Not on the back of this bus yesterday. They understood. They felt the loss. And for once, she got to soar over all the other thumpity-thump iPod music that usually dominates the bus.

She was at the climax if IWALY when I exited a bus. There was actually a guy who gave me a pat on the back as I left.

What the BLEEP just happened is all I wondered. This is exactly what I needed to experience in order to continue listening to her again. People really do get it. We've lost a treasure. But through her music she seems so, so alive.

Beautiful. Very moving. Life finds a way to give you want you need, when you need it, and i am so glad you got to experience this.

Ya know, i am kindof in my own Whitney fan bubble, i knew she was loved, had mega fans etc, but this, all this, it feels like all over the world there's a cloud that's been crying. I am meeting strangers at parties, on trains etc who are feeling the loss deeply. This has impacted the world just as Whitney did in life.

Much love as always. Whitney forever.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#407 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,790 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

View Postjuzly, on 22 March 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

It finally happened. On the way home from work yesterday, the woman who sat next to me on the bus was talking at a decibel that could rival the space shuttle. I decided I would listen to my iPod. Now...up until this point...almost a month and a half since February 11, I had not listened to Whitney on the iPod. But for some reason, I decided at this point that I would just do it. I couldn't decide which Whitney to play. That always happened when she was with us, but it took on much more profound meaning now. Picking the right song/album was critical. Then I just decided to let go and let "Shuffle."

The first song: If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful. I was thrust back to my freshman year in high school. I've always loved this song. But listening to the fresh, clear, emotional, and powerful voice...I closed my eyes and pretended she was still alive and I was 14 years old again. And I began to lip sync to her parts of the song, onlookers be damned. She truly was a dynamic and wise-beyond-her-years interpreter. I used to think this was one of her easy songs technically, but no, I don't even think other professional singers could hit the peaks and valleys she hit.

Second Song: IBIYAM. The tears started streaming. The lyrics held so much more meaning now. iPod was choosing to play her most difficult songs.

Third Song: IWALY. Done. My head is down and I'm softly shaking and trying to wipe the tears as quickly as they come. My body starts to move to the rhythm of Whitney's delivery.

What I didn't realize is that I had my iPod turned up so loud, that people around me on the bus could hear me. I opened my eyes, and several people were looking at me. But...I swear...they weren't looks of ridicule. They were of understanding. They heard her through my ear buds; some smiled sympathetically. I took the unplugged the earbuds from the iPod and let her roar. No one lipsynced, no one sang along. We just listened. I was calmer, and I felt...welcomed. You know how it is to be ridiculed for being a Whitney Fan. Not on the back of this bus yesterday. They understood. They felt the loss. And for once, she got to soar over all the other thumpity-thump iPod music that usually dominates the bus.

She was at the climax if IWALY when I exited a bus. There was actually a guy who gave me a pat on the back as I left.

What the BLEEP just happened is all I wondered. This is exactly what I needed to experience in order to continue listening to her again. People really do get it. We've lost a treasure. But through her music she seems so, so alive.

Beautiful. Very moving. Life finds a way to give you want you need, when you need it, and i am so glad you got to experience this.

Ya know, i am kindof in my own Whitney fan bubble, i knew she was loved, had mega fans etc, but this, all this, it feels like all over the world there's a cloud that's been crying. I am meeting strangers at parties, on trains etc who are feeling the loss deeply. This has impacted the world just as Whitney did in life.

Much love as always. Whitney forever.

Tht story on the bus. WOW!!

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#408 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

WOW..that was just beautiful..you described it so well, i could practically see it in my head..i'm so glad you got to experience that..

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#409 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

I watched WTE the other night guys and I only cried at the very begining I was so happy to be watching Whitney's movies again! I miss her all the time but I just have to remind myself to be thankful for the time we had her and to be thankful that we have sooo much to keep her alive with through her interviews and movies, and songs and just everything. Whitney left a HUGE footprint on this world and NOBODY can ever step into it.

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#410 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostZolas, on 22 March 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

View PostEvery1lovesNippy, on 21 March 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd put it here.

I just saw a story about a British footballer whose heart stopped for 78 minutes, before he was successfully revived. Fabrice Muamba is apparently recovering nicely. He collapsed in a stadium full of well-wishers and a cardiologist was on hand with medics. The worked on him continuously and it looks like he will be fine. It's one of life's miracles.

Check out the story here (some of the comments are really informative) http://msn.foxsports...s-bolton-032112 and think about getting trained in CPR or renewing training if you have taken a course.

Reading this story and thinking of Whitney, at first I kept thinking, 'what if,' but then I started thinking that I am going to renew my CPR training. It's been a very long time, and I figured I'd never, ever be called upon to use it (what are the chances, right). But then I thought about this guy's chances, and the one in a billion chances that created the one and only Whitney Houston, and I figure that life is full of one in a billion miracles, so I'm going to be as prepared as I can be if I am ever called upon to be someone's miracle.

I don't know, but somehow, reading this one guy's story renewed a bit of the faith I lost when Whitney died. The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

You've got a good point. I should renew my CPR training as well. It's been a few years... thanks for reminding me!

Let's do it for Nippy and Fabrice!

#411 John-John

John-John

• 5,723 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Lol at myself! I was like "what does CPR have to do with the fabric spray febreze?"

I was having a blond moment til I realized Fabrice!

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

#412 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

Heard a song this afternoon, I thought of Whitney and it hurt so bad. "It's been one hill after another and I've climbed them all one by one, ohhh but this time Lord you gave me a mountain, a mountain I may never climb, it isn't just a hill any longer, you gave me a mountain this time"

I heard that and just fell apart. This isn't just a hill, it's a mountain, and I don't think I'll ever climb it.

#413 nancy

• 61 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'm missing just knowing WHITNEY HOUSTON is out in the world just living her life today!! I wish there was a way to hide this report from the world. There's no way to bring her back so why does the world care so much anyways?? She's our Whitney! And I wish we could just protect her in death since we couldn't in life. :mellow: I love her and miss her so much! I LOVE WHITNEY HOUSTON!!!

#414 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,604 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

And just like that... My peices are once again back all over the floor.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#415 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostTerrence, on 22 March 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

And just like that... My peices are once again back all over the floor.

Get out my head; as God is my witness that is what I was coming in this tread to post

Posted Image

#416 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Shattered, heart is shattered

#417 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Im one that really didnt care what the coroner's report came back with..I mean I care but like many have said here, Im still stuck on her not being in this world. I mean she's gone and nothing will ever change that. I do hate her Legacy may be somewhat tarnished by the report. Its like I dont wanna see Whitney as an Unsung..What kills me is people just want to see the worst in her when all she did was GIVE and these idiots and their judgement of her is the most thing I will never understand. Like they are perfect??????? I swear I just want to be face to face with all of the idiots that has judged her about these damn drugs like thats all her life was about. It makes me so mad and I cant do nothing about it. Only God can judge us, who the F*** are you!!!!

#418 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

i'm going through the archives again, trying to get myself in that denial state, but it's not working..every other post says something about the future and then i remember and the beautiful illusion is gone..

i am so heartbroken..a piece of me went with her and it's never coming back..

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#419 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

It is so comforting to know that you aren't crazy that the things you're feeling, you aren't alone. I can't thank my WF family enough. This has been an unimaginable time for all of us but as hard as it is we aren't letting the grief get the best of us. We are lifting each other up and this was a true test of our family resolve, a true test as a community and we are passing with flying colors.

Posted Image

#420 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

i'm in a place where i'm avoiding any conversation that could have something to do with her..last night i was at a friend's house and they casually started talking about people leaving us to soon and mentioned MJ and Whitney..there were no rude comments, nothing like that, the conversation just drifted in that direction..i just stood up and went to the bathroom (didn't cry or anything like that, just had to give myself a couple of minutes) and by the time i came back, they had changed the topic..i guess they got my clue..

it is what it is, i just can't take the media and all that right now..i actually don't know what they're saying or how they're covering the story because this avoiding thing has been pretty successful, but i think i have a good idea so i just don't wanna go there..

Edited by Petra, 23 March 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users