Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostTerrence, on 16 March 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 16 March 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

View Posttruthspeaker06, on 16 March 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 16 March 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

View Posttruthspeaker06, on 16 March 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 15 March 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Posttruthspeaker06, on 15 March 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

of course don't mention it! & yeah eventually I guess we'll all get used to it but right now it still seems like some sort of nightmare, like she just can't be gone? I think because we're so used to not seeing her for long periods of time, it won't really sink in for a long time.

I honestly don't think it will FULLY hit me til next year when we know we aren't going to see her at the PGP

someone mentioned that Clive said he interesting in being affiliated with the party anymore, either way, I have no reason to really be interested anymore. I think it'll be hardest around any award show because we won't have those "Will Whitney Show Up" rumors :mellow:

That party can go to hell! I hope from now on its a complete and utter failure.

A couple of things for me will be triggers for me, like Mothers day, her birthday, not seeing her at premiers for the movie and then all the tributes for all the award shows that are left for the year.

lawd I meant NOT interested in being affiliated with the party LOL. I heard that this year was his last year after what went down but thats neither here nor there.

I lowkey don't even wanna watch any award shows because I know she'll be honored & that just makes it all the more real smh

I knew what you meant and honestly they put a $ before Whitney so I'm done.

I have to watch I have to make sure they pay tribute to my Whitney properly I just have to. I stood in 11 degree weather for her I can't leave her now. No matter how hard it is.

YUP!!! Outside in the cold wearing a wind breaker in an alley by the dumpsters screaming at Whitney when she pointed and waved at us and our fingers too frozen to take pictures. LOL #Memories

OKAY!!! But I will NEVER forget her not letting them turn out the light in the car and the smile on her face when she saw us there and she knew we were there only for her! #MakesMeSmile #Memories

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#377 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

i just watched this..i love how kim started the song without her..and i've seen it so many times, but my heart was still pounding as we got closer to her part..and that moment when she appeared on stage and the audience instantly stood up and stayed on their feet throughout the whole thing..i mean, no one can do that, no one..pure gift

i miss her so much

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#378 SupanovaLisaSpirit

• 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 15 March 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

View PostPetra, on 15 March 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 15 March 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostPetra, on 13 March 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

View Postliz06, on 13 March 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostPetra, on 13 March 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 13 March 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostYouAreLoved, on 13 March 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

So I posted a Whitney video on my Facebook yesterday and one of my friends replied with something along the lines of "you need to stop mourning for her"...and then one of my other friends "liked" it...and these are otherwise fantastic people, but that really hurt me. I feel like nobody gets it. Just thought I'd share...

You are certainly not alone. While watching the funeral live on TV, my dad said to me: "Stop grieving over Whitney." You shoulda heard him. I was outdone.
that's what my mom did to me..she kept asking what was wrong, in the days after Feb 11 and i was like "what's wrong? is that even a question?"..i just couldn't say it, couldn't say her name, i was so afraid of just completely crumbling, and then she just snapped at me "Whitney? is that it? what's wrong with you? snap out if it right now!" thankfully, we were on the phone so i just hung up on her..if she was there, i don't think i would have been able to control myself, i would have just kicked her or something, i was so furious..

she apologized the next day, after admitting that she herself had been watching some of her videos and ended up crying for a long time..well, that's what you get when you mess with Whitney!

I'm really sorry you guys had this happen to you. *Sending you my love*

I've had a few people tell me to "get over it" but at this point I don't even let it get to me. Except for you all, nobody will ever understand what Whitney meant/means to me. It was so much more than listening to music, it was a connection. A deep connection. There aren't even words and yet I know you all understand.
that's what they don't get and, i guess, never will..there's a big difference between liking someone's music and being their fan, a real fan..i'm over the whole trying to explain myself to other people thing..i don't need to, thanks to you people who already understand and feel the same way..

I hung up on my mother too Petra that Saturday night. She was being comforting but used those words "Get over it". I said "did you just? Okay bye" *Click*. She stayed calling me back for an hour untill I finally answered and she said "I'm sorry that wasn't the right thing to say".

Gotta remember sometimes Moms, especially with sons can go bonkers if they're hysterical or very upset because they feel like they have to fix it and if they don't know how they say whatever they can to try to get you to stop without knowing that it was the WORST thing to say. LOL
yeah, even at that very moment, i knew she meant well..after all, she's the one who first started telling me about Whitney, when i was just a little girl..but i just couldn't take it and it was so easy to just hang up XD

as for people who really think we're crazy or something, i don't need them to understand, i just need them to respect..it's the same when it comes to believing in spirits and that kind of stuff (like what Krissi said about Whitney) - you don't have to believe or understand, just respect it and move on, no one's asking for your opinion anyway..

I was actually really suprsied how nice everyone at work was about it. After a couple weeks had passed and we talked about it a little here and there amongst co-workers they said my eyes gave it all away. This one kid is such a little BLEEP!, he reminds me of that teenager who will never grow up and can be quite the BLEEP! as well. However, he was the nicest one of them all to me during those couple weeks. He asked me a couple days after it happened he heard a rumor the reason i was so upset was over Whitney's death and anticipating jokes or bull from him I said "I'm one of her biggest fans on the planet" and he chucked for a split second, covered his mouth held it together and looked at me and said "this is really suprising to me, you don't look like the guy to say that but if it's real to you I give my deepest condolences" he shook my hand before I left that night. He's still a little a BLEEP!, but I respect him alot for that. More than you know.

It was hard to keep under wraps since I found out at work and went frlying out the back to smoke a cigarette and check my phone. I had only one text from Larry thinking well then it must not be real or my phone would have blown up. I called Lisa first thinking Terrence was prolly working and she didn't answer so then I gave Terrence a chance. For some reason I still think he's the kid working second shifts going and getting his masters :( Time flies!!! Anyhow, I spoke to Terrence. From that moment it was over. I spent a good 30 minutes in hysteria behind the garbage building just so if people came out to smoke they wouldn't find me.I finally got it together and got the hell out of there.

That conversation with Terrence was the hardest thing I've EVER talked about with him and we've had some DEEP discussions about WHitney over the years. To have it all end like this has my heart scorned for life.

Truth is, she shouldn't be dead and this is all and epic slap in the face by life, IMHO.
God Bless You,for Loving and Appreciating Whitney.It is so hard to believe she is not here.I feel also that she should not be dead.And many people may not understand the feeling that a true Whitney Houston fan may feel,or anyone touched by Whitney's life and singing
The Greatest Love of all

#379 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostPetra, on 19 March 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

i just watched this..i love how kim started the song without her..and i've seen it so many times, but my heart was still pounding as we got closer to her part..and that moment when she appeared on stage and the audience instantly stood up and stayed on their feet throughout the whole thing..i mean, no one can do that, no one..pure gift

i miss her so much

I want to listen to this sooooo bad but I just can't bring myself to hit play! :crying:

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#380 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

i found a new way to deal with all this - when it gets to much, i just start going through the archives, old topics..yesterday i went through all of those BET honors 2010 threads and it was so good to just laugh at all those funny posts (her jumping out of her seat, your reactions made me LMAO!) and gifs, to just let it all go..i know i'm in denial, but what the hell

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#381 artchannel

• 114 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

Sometimes to the best way to deal with it is to honor that person by living on some of their traits. Today I will just be my best self, albeit a painter, to honor WH.

#382 YouAreLoved

• 163 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Postartchannel, on 20 March 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Sometimes to the best way to deal with it is to honor that person by living on some of their traits. Today I will just be my best self, albeit a painter, to honor WH.

This. Whitney has shown me how important it is to love others, which is what I will always carry on from her spirit.

#383 artchannel

• 114 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostYouAreLoved, on 20 March 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

View Postartchannel, on 20 March 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

This. Whitney has shown me how important it is to love others, which is what I will always carry on from her spirit.

There is no negative in this world. Just lessons. Do we learn the lesson and love without limits? Or do we stay on our own routines? Whitney said it best at divas when she said if our children have music in their lives, there will always be love......

#384 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,604 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

It was hard to keep under wraps since I found out at work and went frlying out the back to smoke a cigarette and check my phone. I had only one text from Larry thinking well then it must not be real or my phone would have blown up. I called Lisa first thinking Terrence was prolly working and she didn't answer so then I gave Terrence a chance. For some reason I still think he's the kid working second shifts going and getting his masters :( Time flies!!! Anyhow, I spoke to Terrence. From that moment it was over. I spent a good 30 minutes in hysteria behind the garbage building just so if people came out to smoke they wouldn't find me.I finally got it together and got the hell out of there.

That conversation with Terrence was the hardest thing I've EVER talked about with him and we've had some DEEP discussions about WHitney over the years. To have it all end like this has my heart scorned for life.

Truth is, she shouldn't be dead and this is all and epic slap in the face by life, IMHO.

When I tell you that was so hard. I'm still processing and trying to make sense and both you and Kisha called at different points of finding out the news. Kisha was already gone just hoping and wishing it wasn't true and it was all a lie, and you were att he intial point of this is all a lie right? Hearing your voice break before you hung up was the worst for me... I never wanted that moment. I wanted a phone call between us to be happy. OMG did you see her kill that performance? Did you see her looking great on the red carpet? Did you see her kill that movie role? Did you hear the new song? Something. Anything. Positive. Not that it was the end... Man....

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#385 John-John

John-John

• 5,723 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 15 March 2012 - 12:57 PM, said:

I'm really doing much better. It comes in waves still but I watched her Oprah interview and found myself cracking up.

And has anyone else experienced this... When you are thinking about Whitney the most one of her songs will come on. Like right now SAMLFY just came on AOL radio

So weird you mention this! Today SAMLFY played while I was cooking. I changed the lyrics on the fly to: a few precious moments were all that we shared. You're now with Jesus & he needs you there. You will sadly be missed & stay at the top of my list cuz no other voice gonna do. So I'm saving my next check for you.

As far as I could go but I cracked myself up. Plus I had Whitney on the brain cuz I was dropping wings in my deep fry daddy & I just know she woulda loved my fried chicken. And I laughed out loud despite being alone. Good moment.

And come Friday I can buy the latest magazzzzzzines (in my WYA) voice. Lol!

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

#386 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Okay so today I was in fitness class, I was listening to music and I wanted to hear Whitney but I know I can't hear Whitney. I know what songs to stay clear from but it seems I can hear her "faster" songs better. So I play For The Lovers and I was LOVING it! I was really goin at it! Then a classmate next to me asked what was playing in my headphones (it was obviously loud) I cranked it up and we worked out to FTL. The others were working out to it, I could see them enjoying it. Told them it was Whitney Houston's For The Lovers and someone downloaded it on their phone right then!

It helped me today, listening to that song and having others involved. But that was FTL and I was good. This past weekend IWALY came on the radio and it seriously broke me. I'm just very selective right now.

#387 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,792 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostTerrence, on 20 March 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

When I tell you that was so hard. I'm still processing and trying to make sense and both you and Kisha called at different points of finding out the news. Kisha was already gone just hoping and wishing it wasn't true and it was all a lie, and you were att he intial point of this is all a lie right? Hearing your voice break before you hung up was the worst for me... I never wanted that moment. I wanted a phone call between us to be happy. OMG did you see her kill that performance? Did you see her looking great on the red carpet? Did you see her kill that movie role? Did you hear the new song? Something. Anything. Positive. Not that it was the end... Man....

You seemed so poised. You were so comforting in your voice when you told me. Brings tears to my eyes reading this and I was in a good mood all day.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#388 whitwhit1fan22

• 973 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

How could I ever pick up the pieces? sometimes I feel why should I have to you no we had Just seen her the day before . She look so beautiful :( ... That really was the worst day of my life I felt like a piece of me was gone forever. Today's my birthday every year I ask for the same thing to meet Whitney Houston LoL.... And Would be really mad cause it would never happen. It's tough getting over this I remember people use to ask me what would I do if she died... Truth is I still don't no how to.. I never stop playing any of her music I needed to connect with her in some way, and only her music help me threw it. There Is not a day that goes by that I don't think about are sweet beautiful angel because that she was ... What a blessing it was for us to have her... Whitney I promise I will allways love you thank you for sharing your life with us ... #NBL
Posted Image

#389 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 948 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

View Postwhitwhit1fan22, on 21 March 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

How could I ever pick up the pieces? sometimes I feel why should I have to you no we had Just seen her the day before . She look so beautiful :( ... That really was the worst day of my life I felt like a piece of me was gone forever. Today's my birthday every year I ask for the same thing to meet Whitney Houston LoL.... And Would be really mad cause it would never happen. It's tough getting over this I remember people use to ask me what would I do if she died... Truth is I still don't no how to.. I never stop playing any of her music I needed to connect with her in some way, and only her music help me threw it. There Is not a day that goes by that I don't think about are sweet beautiful angel because that she was ... What a blessing it was for us to have her... Whitney I promise I will allways love you thank you for sharing your life with us ... #NBL

Happy birthday!. Try to enjoy yourself today, the best way you can. Your really beautiful and Whitney's always in your lovely heart. Much love

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#390 Zolas

• 4,304 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Postwhitwhit1fan22, on 21 March 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Happy birthday, even when you're sad!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users