Picking Up The Pieces...

824 replies to this topic

#16 Eboni

The High Elderess of Whitney-fan.com - 10 years & counting

• 23,716 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 21 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

This is the stuff that I'm waiting to get easier. I am listening to my nice Jazz station at work with no fear of hearing Whitney and what do they do! WAM! IWALY :punch: :crying:

After the services this song is like a kick in the heart!

I'm afraid it will ALWAYS be like that, at least for me. I know it will. From this day forward, anytime I hear her songs it will be bittersweet, especially with IWALY. The image of her shimmering casket being raised up as she begins to belt out the chorus is indelibly stained in my mind.

"So goodbye. Please... don't cry..."

Posted Image

#17 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 21 February 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

This is the stuff that I'm waiting to get easier. I am listening to my nice Jazz station at work with no fear of hearing Whitney and what do they do! WAM! IWALY :punch: :crying:

After the services this song is like a kick in the heart!

OMG I know! IWALY and DCFM And theres a few others, they have another meaning another story behind them. Full of emotion when I hear them.

#18 WhitneyDiva

• 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

i just dont get it, cannot realize it. i cry every day.

whitney, she was so full of life and love, her smile - and now - gone forever??

she and her daughter have been like girlsfriends, a dream-team. how hard it must be for bobbi. i feel so bad for her.

she gave us soooo many wonderful moments. i have been at her concert 2 years ago and there are these pictures of her at the hotel

and now.... gone forever??

#19 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostEboni, on 21 February 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

In quiet moments thoughout the day I find myself shaking my head, silent, still in disbelief. I feel like a storm just ravaged through my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not borderline depressed (clinically, anyway). I don't let it affect my interaction with my husband, daughter and friends, even though they know how much I love Whitney. But I still can't quite put the pieces together to see how everything continues without Whitney. And maybe its my fault. Maybe I was obsessed. Maybe we all were. I constantly wondered what she was doing, what she was thinking, where she was gonna be and who she was meeting up with. Though I'd never met her in real life, she was family. I didn't live my life for her or because of her. But it made me happy just to know she was out there, being Whitney. I guess that's the part some people can't understand. Losing Whitney was like losing energy, losing joy.

Wow my thoughts exactly. Im in the parking lot of the mall in my car and what do I hear but the angelic Whitney singing for the love of you...I just smiled and listened to the entire song. I don't know how to exist without Whitney's music so one been able to listen to most of her songs now. I was the same way just happy knowing Whitney was alive doing whatever she does made me happy..maybe a little obsessed but I latched on to her persona and voice..how can you not?? Love that lady so much. And Cissy saying she loved/missed how Whitney would just call her to say hi mommy I love u so much..I could picture her saying that..still Praying for her and Bobbi Kris everyday.

#20 WhitneyDiva

• 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

and i will never understand why people judge over her. what has she done bad?? she always gave us love. she harmed herself, nobody else, and thats very sad and not funny!

every person makes mistakes.... she was a star, but also just a human being.... i still can hear her words from the concert: "we are human. we have feelings, too."

#21 WhitneyDiva

• 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

me too. i was always happy that she was alive

#22 WhitneyDiva

• 75 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

people only see the bad things and never the amount of love and happiness she gave us.

#23 nancy

• 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

In quiet moments thoughout the day I find myself shaking my head, silent, still in disbelief. I feel like a storm just ravaged through my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not borderline depressed (clinically, anyway). I don't let it affect my interaction with my husband, daughter and friends, even though they know how much I love Whitney. But I still can't quite put the pieces together to see how everything continues without Whitney. And maybe its my fault. Maybe I was obsessed. Maybe we all were. I constantly wondered what she was doing, what she was thinking, where she was gonna be and who she was meeting up with. Though I'd never met her in real life, she was family. I didn't live my life for her or because of her. But it made me happy just to know she was out there, being Whitney. I guess that's the part some people can't understand. Losing Whitney was like losing energy, losing joy.

That's how I feel also! It's like I don't understand how other people, fans or not, can't see how her huge great energy is now gone from this world and to me this world will never be the same! I was like you just knowing she was out there somewhere doing her thang while I was out there doing mine brought me happiness. And was soo looking forward to one day meeting her with my lil boys so they could hit her with their pretty eyes and maybe talk her into taking a picture with me! Everytime we're at LAX I would be looking around waiting to maybe by chance see her and now it's like now what? She's gone :(... Today isn't such a good day for me. It comes and goes I guess. I am so glad I have you guys to talk to! I did find joy today watching youtube videos for a little while.. There's one of her at a concert and she's running from a butterfly! It makes me LOL everytime I see it! That's how I try to remember her and wish I could just forget she was gone forever and just imagine she's still out there but my mind and heart won't let me.

#24 gazelle

• 302 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Post26twin, on 21 February 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Wow my thoughts exactly. Im in the parking lot of the mall in my car and what do I hear but the angelic Whitney singing for the love of you...I just smiled and listened to the entire song. I don't know how to exist without Whitney's music so one been able to listen to most of her songs now. I was the same way just happy knowing Whitney was alive doing whatever she does made me happy..maybe a little obsessed but I latched on to her persona and voice..how can you not?? Love that lady so much. And Cissy saying she loved/missed how Whitney would just call her to say hi mommy I love u so much..I could picture her saying that..still Praying for her and Bobbi Kris everyday.

This is why I am thankful for this space. You know what I'm feeling and thinking and I do not have to say anything. No need to explain
If you dont like your fate...change it!

#25 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Omg I knew there are idiots in the world but when I see how these idiots have no compassion for this human being who did nothing but give us love and timeless music, you're right she did harm to herself if anything so wtf are ppl criticizing her for even in her passing I will never get it ??? We lost Whitney and all the dummies can say is she did it to herself drugs this drugs that...I just wanna choke these idiots I swear like reallyyyyyy?? She's gone so show respect or shut all the way up...sorry had to vent.

#26 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Postgazelle, on 21 February 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

View Post26twin, on 21 February 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

This is why I am thankful for this space. You know what I'm feeling and thinking and I do not have to say anything. No need to explain

Yesssss, i couldn't have said that any better... your words described exactly how I've felt and still feeling. Thank you for that!!

#27 Zolas

• 4,363 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

One thing that helps me deal is thinking about the words and songs of some of her friends. Kim Burrell especially touched my heart and I just love her for what she did for Whitney.

I bought her album No Ways Tired last night, as well as Cece Winans' Songs of Emotional Healing (how appropriate). I find comfort in their voices and what they stand for...

Posted Image

#28 26twin

• 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yea I'm listening to John P Kee..since Kim burrell mentioned Whitney was listening to him when she left her that last vm..I've never heard of him till now but his voice is great I can see y Whitney enjoyed him.

#29 NippyFanNy779

• 8,802 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

View Post26twin, on 22 February 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

Yea I'm listening to John P Kee..since Kim burrell mentioned Whitney was listening to him when she left her that last vm..I've never heard of him till now but his voice is great I can see y Whitney enjoyed him.

John P Kee is a great artist.

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#30 NippyFanNy779

• 8,802 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

I was doing good! I listened to Whitney this morning I really felt like I was taking that turn to being able to be okay and even still enjoy some of her music without tears.

And then one text msg changed it all.

I got kicked in the heart all over again!

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users