Picking Up The Pieces...

824 replies to this topic

#106 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 27 February 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

View Postbuddha, on 27 February 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

I hope ya'll can move past that bizarre line of thought soon lol

This is a judge free zone! Lets leave comments like this out. People are hear to express themselves freely without having to feel self-conscious. If the thoughts or feelings expressed don't ring true then leave it alone

I'm just expressing myself freely that I don't share this thought and find it bizarre. No need to get offended
Posted Image

#107 truthspeaker06

• 2,450 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

View Postbuddha, on 27 February 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

This is a judge free zone! Lets leave comments like this out. People are hear to express themselves freely without having to feel self-conscious. If the thoughts or feelings expressed don't ring true then leave it alone

I'm just expressing myself freely that I don't share this thought and find it bizarre. No need to get offended

when you single out something that someone is feeling & label it as "Bizarre" it is indeed very offending.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#108 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Posttruthspeaker06, on 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

when you single out something that someone is feeling & label it as "Bizarre" it is indeed very offending.

I can call it horrible and morbid if that's better than bizarre...someone called it that before anyway. I just agree.

But let's end this I just said my opinion and I'm sorry if my phrasing was offending perhaps I could have done it differently
Posted Image

#109 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

I agree. Everyone deals with death, loss, and grief differently. Everyone who shared the same thought has all lead or followed with the same line: I know it's wrong but... We already know in our head that the thought is not right, or normal but sometimes it just feels good to verbalize those thoughts to people who can also understand the root behind them. And then to hear other people say they have had the same thought. That is very freeing because in our worst, and most lowest thoughts, and no matter how far apart we all live it gives a basic hope of "I'm not alone."

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#110 NippyFanNy779

• 8,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

And I understand that I do, but we're all trying to get through and extremely difficult time and many of us only have each other who understand what we are feeling so lets let this place this thread be a place of non-judgement. Allow people to speak freely without adding labels like bizzare. If that is your feeling that's fine but as a fellow grieving fan could we just be sensitive to the fact that all of us are dealing with this differently?

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#111 truthspeaker06

• 2,450 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

View Postbuddha, on 27 February 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I can call it horrible and morbid if that's better than bizarre...someone called it that before anyway. I just agree.

But let's end this I just said my opinion and I'm sorry if my phrasing was offending perhaps I could have done it differently

you know what, I have nothing more to say, thank you for that & good day to you.

View PostTerrence, on 27 February 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

I agree. Everyone deals with death, loss, and grief differently. Everyone who shared the same thought has all lead or followed with the same line: I know it's wrong but... We already know in our head that the thought is not right, or normal but sometimes it just feels good to verbalize those thoughts to people who can also understand the root behind them. And then to hear other people say they have had the same thought. That is very freeing because in our worst, and most lowest thoughts, and no matter how far apart we all live it gives a basic hope of "I'm not alone."

Exactly, you can't tell someone how to feel or what to think, but it is very comforting to at least know that someone else out there is feeling & thinking what you're feeling and thinking. With no judgement, no shade, & no other BS. I mean it takes great courage to open up about our darkest & most personal thoughts & It makes me feel like I am not alone in what I feel. I never said it what I was feeling was "right" but I'll be d*mned if I'm going to be judged for feeling what I feel & it's just that simple.

Edited by truthspeaker06, 27 February 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#112 NippyFanNy779

• 8,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

I just want to reiterate that I am beyond thankful for you guys. Living in a world where most people don't understand is hard but it would be unbearable if I didn't have you all who love and cherish Whitney as much as I do.

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#113 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,748 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

I just keep watching her interviews and performances and I can't shake the thought during, "Wow. At this point, who knew she'd only have 15 years left with us" so I'm not able to fully enjoy things from her just yet. It's literally every interview and performance I think that. Blah.

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#114 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

It really truly wasn't my intention to judge, I am trying my best every day not to judge be it anyone or anything. I just saw that people weren't comfortable with their thoughts and hoped they could soon move on. It was with the best of intentions believe me.
Posted Image

#115 Terrence

• 31,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

View Postbuddha, on 27 February 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

It really truly wasn't my intention to judge, I am trying my best every day not to judge be it anyone or anything. I just saw that people weren't comfortable with their thoughts and hoped they could soon move on. It was with the best of intentions believe me.

I believe you Buddah. I fully agree. I really hope for the day we can all move on beyond this pit of grief and sorrow and into a place of acceptance and unified happiness again. It's just gonna take some time...

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#116 Terrence

• 31,608 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostMind Speaker, on 27 February 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

I just keep watching her interviews and performances and I can't shake the thought during, "Wow. At this point, who knew she'd only have 15 years left with us" so I'm not able to fully enjoy things from her just yet. It's literally every interview and performance I think that. Blah.

WOW! I just did this last night. I was on Krissy and Nick's Twitter & FB page looking at candid pictures, and messages thinking wow... Ya'll look so happy now but little did you know she only had X more years, months, days with you.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#117 karan

Karan

• 1,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

My eyes hurt...this is my first emotional breakdown since the 2nd day from her death...Ive been avoiding the pain since then, but all that grief just came out again today combined with what am going through in my personal life. At times I dont even know what am crying about...
Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

"No matter what they take from me, they can't take away MY DIGNITY..."

Gift! Gift! Gift! - Oprah Winfrey

#118 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

Some people here know that I am also an Elvis fan (not as much as I am of Whitney) and when times were really tough I would listen to music from Whitney or Elvis. During this incredibly hard time I thought to myself, if I'm having a hard time listening to Whitney, why don't I just listen to my Elvis music? Problem. Because of Elvis, I found Whitney. While an Elvis fan I learned about his backup singers. When I read the names of The Sweet Inspirations it said Cissy Houston, mother of Whitney Houston. I thought to myself, "I know her" then I remembered the videos and TBG and IWALY then I was Hooked on Whitney. I knew that I'd forever be Hooked on Whitney. It was my 'thing' to be H.O.W. while growing up. But now I can't hear Elvis without thinking of Whitney. That was always my "get through" music. Even my twitter/Whitney fam would tell me to go listen to Whitney or Elvis when I was down. They have always been connected in my own little world. Now even more. I'm running out of stuff to listen to.

I do think it's getting better though...music wise. I heard YGGL earlier and I didn't turn it off or anything, it felt kinda good. Not saying I'm going on a solid Whitney playlist now but I think I may be getting there.

#119 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostTerrence, on 27 February 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

View PostMind Speaker, on 27 February 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

WOW! I just did this last night. I was on Krissy and Nick's Twitter & FB page looking at candid pictures, and messages thinking wow... Ya'll look so happy now but little did you know she only had X more years, months, days with you.

O...M...G I've been doing the same thing, with what little I've seen of her. I watched her last two PGP performances over the weekend, and I thought: "...just three years before her death.....just 364 days before her death..." And I kinda felt like an IDIOT. I shoulda known I wasn't the only one though.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#120 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostTerrence, on 27 February 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 27 February 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

And to think I was ashamed to admit these things because it just knew I was the only one.

I love you all. Like seriously I love you all. People can hug on me all day and text and call me all day, but I still feel like no one really REALLY understands how I feel except for the people here. And then it hurts because it's hard to be a support system for each other here and offer comfort when we ALL feel the same damn way and are so desperately needing the same comfort from someone. It's a terrible catch 22.

NO LIE!!! I'm feeling the same way. I don't even wanna go too far into it with what else I was gonna say about it cuz I know it'll bring me to tears and I've been trying for the past few days NOT to shed another tear. So far it's worked; my strength is returning, LOL.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users