Picking Up The Pieces...

824 replies to this topic

#541 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

I too haven't had the pleasure of seeing her live. Watching her concerts at times it seems as thought i was there. She looks so fresh and full of love when preforming live that I have seen on Youtube. In my opinion she sounds better live than studio. It is a shame Arista didn't release her concerts and live cds. So far the only concerts iv'e seen are the 25 th or 30th anniv. For Arista, classic Whitney from DC, Brunei and South Africa.

#542 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Okay so I been doing pretty good, I'm listening to her music a lot more and watching her on Youtube. I watched a bunch of NBL tour videos and was 'okay' but today while I was doing good, I watched a "tribute" video, and I broke right down.

#543 ThierryValentijn

• 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

this life without Whitney, it's just sad.

#544 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,791 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostThierryValentijn, on 17 April 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

Took the words right out of my mouth (hands). Honest to god. I was coming to this exact thread with the sole purpose of saying the same thing.

Now I wish she had retired and bought an island home and gave up show business. Truth be told.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#545 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 17 April 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Took the words right out of my mouth (hands). Honest to god. I was coming to this exact thread with the sole purpose of saying the same thing.

Now I wish she had retired and bought an island home and gave up show business. Truth be told.
Knowing the alternative, I'm sure we all do.

As for the original post, sometimes the simplest words and sentences can perfectly describe what I'm feeling.

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#546 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

I have an empty void in my heart, hurts so bad. Don't think anything can fill it as she filled my heart. Sigh.

#547 LatinNippy24

• 361 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Here we are 10 weeks after our beautiful Whitney passed away and just when I think I'm starting to cope with her death something pushes me right back down. Yesterday and today I have been carrying a heavy heart and had to cry my self to sleep last night. I still can't and don't wanna believe Whitney is gone forever! I want to wake up from this horrible nightmare now!!!

#548 Nik31

• 1,589 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

I feel you!
Life´s really different now. Very silent.

#549 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,604 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostNik31, on 18 April 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

I feel you!
Life´s really different now. Very silent.

I find myself on Youtube listening to and downloading fan remixes and mashups to play on my Ipod because it gives me the illusion that despite her going into the light two months ago, I still have something new to embrace.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#550 ILoveYouBack

Abu

• 204 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just when I think I'm coming to peace with all of this, I hear a song on the radio on a station that stopped playing her songs long ago. And then the DJ says, "that was HWIK by the 'late, great..." She was great before she was late, so why are you just now giving her props. I should be happy to hear the positivity, but right now it still makes me bitter. I want her back...

#551 Accomplice

• 133 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I've been on the go alot here lately, spending alot of time alone in the car. Listening finally to all things Whitney, It is just the craziest thing
that everything sounds brand new. Like I've never heard any of it before even tho I know every MMmmm, uh, lord and boy, LOL, in every song.
How is it that it brings such happiness to my soul but there's a place in my heart that hurts so bad at the same time.... I wonder if this will
always be from now on. I have discovered too that I can not listen to My Love or LTM at all, maybe someday that will change.
I just keep thinking I'm so happy she is in my life....we were alone and she was singing her songs so meeee.....(and I was singing along, badly :whistling:
and smiling)
Wish you all well, much love

#552 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Last night was rough. I got to thinking about all the unanswered questions, how could she have gone so soon, why did she have to go, how is she not here, why is it so hard for me to grasp, all of that. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

I just miss her.

#553 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

And today I get up and I was feeling okay, and actually wanted to listen to a bunch of her songs.

This has been such an emotional rollercoaster.

#554 Sweet P

• 121 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

View Postliz06, on 20 April 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Last night was rough. I got to thinking about all the unanswered questions, how could she have gone so soon, why did she have to go, how is she not here, why is it so hard for me to grasp, all of that. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

I just miss her.

I know how that is, thats how i am like every other day. All the questions jumbled in my head, and just thinkin about them gets me quite teary. It is hard for me still to listen to 4 songs, concerts and tributes. I find myself mostly listening to her ILTY album as her vocals seem very inspirational and emotional to me.

#555 Accomplice

• 133 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

View Postliz06, on 20 April 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

And today I get up and I was feeling okay, and actually wanted to listen to a bunch of her songs.

This has been such an emotional rollercoaster.
^^ yeah, I can go days fine, then be sad again..... I feel ya, the ups and downs are making me crazy.

On a side note: I'm watching tv and a Sting concert just ended and now they are airing Phil Collins and I am sitting here wondering why in the
hell have all these Whitney concerts been buried! They never air them, we can't buy them, WHERE are they!! WHH, Classic Whitney so many of
this aired on HBO who is in control of them now, who owns the rights to these? : just needed to vent there for a minute:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users