Celebrity Tributes to Whitney Houston

656 replies to this topic

#436 Tejay06

• 859 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postremamamama, on 26 March 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Mary J Blige: Whitney Houston Was "Fearless" but "Kind"
"She was the best vocalist on any planet"

"My favorite Whitney song is You Give Good Love", "Greatest Love of All", "Are You Really Ready for Love Boy which is like soul songs that people really don't know about".

Now that is a Whitney stan (even though she got the name of that song wrong lol)

When Mary said, and I loved her [Whitney] song, "Are You Really Ready for Love Boy," I was like...WTH is that? - I ain't never heard that - then it dawned on me, "Just the Lonely Talking Again"
Posted Image

#437 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostDavinChao, on 25 March 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Whitney Houston tribute - Echo Awards 2012

Her Being Inducted To The Echo Hall Of Fame....Does That Add On To The List Of Rewards She's Won?

Which Would Be 416!

#438 Tejay06

• 859 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostTiger, on 20 March 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

View PostTejay06, on 12 March 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Maybe it's me, but I didn't like what she said. I don't like when ppl make assumptions about how she passed. Unless Maddy is good judies with coroner - she need to keep her mouth shut or simply say: "She was a much better, bigger, and extraordinary talent - than I ever will be - she will be missed." That my love is an acceptable statement. #knowyourplace
I see what you are saying, and she could have worded her response better. That said, I appreciate her answer rather than having Liz issue a cookie cutter response. Btw, Celine said something along those lines on GMA

My apologies Tiger, I should be more sensitive. I realize there are also hardcore Maddy fans on here. Ultimately, although my post would challenge this statement, I meant no disrespect to Madonna. I just wanted/want more sensitivity given to Whitney. Even with the coroner's report now, I think it wise of other celebrities to comment on her talents, her spirit, and her legacy - leave the other stuff alone. It's not right - it's simply not okay.
Posted Image

#439 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

#440 ChristianJ

• 133 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostPontusFromSweden, on 27 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

I love Gavin. Saw him on Broadway a few years ago in "Hair" and he was amazing! He had recorded this song before Whitney's passing, which shows how much of a fan he truly is of Whitney's. :)

#441 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,795 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostChristianJ, on 27 March 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

I love Gavin. Saw him on Broadway a few years ago in "Hair" and he was amazing! He had recorded this song before Whitney's passing, which shows how much of a fan he truly is of Whitney's. :)

Omg that made me groove, feel soo happy and make me tear all at the same time.

Wow is this on Itunes?

Do I have to even mention his very noticable Whitney influence in singing? LOL

Edited by CoNcLusIveTrUthZ, 27 March 2012 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#442 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,795 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

OMG this BLEEP! song. Pontus thank you for posting. I went to his website and he just released an album called "Get Out"

I'm not usually one for telling fans to spend their money on anything, but if you have an extra 9 dollars I think we should all support this guy. Go to the YT video of that song itself and read his description about the song. The album just came out a few days ago. "Whitney Houston" is on it twice, there's a remix on it as well. I have to support him because that song makes me feel like a million dollar bill as a Whitney fan.

Truely.

I kinda wish we could make this it's own thread. He's one of us, we might as well support him no?

Posted Image

#443 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,795 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

WOW WOW I wish radio would pick this guy up. I *LOVE* this song. I just wanna know why I'm just hearing it. Everything in it's own time I guess. This song is healing for my soul as a person, not so much just a Whitney fan. I feel *JUST* like this. He's singing from my own heart.

Live at his Album Release Party. This song makes me wanna dance with somebody! Who wants to dance??? :wavetowel:

Posted Image

#444 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 949 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Gavin brother! I'm picturing Whitney smiling that sweetest of sweet smile, bopping along. And a heartbroken Whitney fan is smiling to. wow.

Thanks boys for posting. Much love to you all.

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#445 Tchoup

• 114 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thank you so much for this! Tears are flowing while I write. I feel this song so much because Whitney's music has gotten me through some good and not so good times. This man is a true fan. I will definitely support him now!

#446 Accomplice

• 133 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Pontus, thank you for finding and posting this! Makes me smile and cry at the same time.

#447 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostTchoup, on 27 March 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Thank you so much for this! Tears are flowing while I write. I feel this song so much because Whitney's music has gotten me through some good and not so good times. This man is a true fan. I will definitely support him now!

Im with you, I will support realness like this, also, he is a good singer!

#448 ILoveYouBack

Abu

• 205 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

This is amazingly healing. What a way to celebrate being who you are. I agree - not just as a Whitney fan. Yes, it reaffirms my fandom and heals the wounds of being taunted for being touched by her. But it reaches down to a deep place and reminds me to give myself permission to celebrate what brings me joy!

Oh man. Somebody just got his album bought. I am a new fan! And I can't stop singing that chorus.

Can't you imagine Whitney being in this video, laughing and walking down a summer street and dancing around as he sings her lyrics to her?

#449 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,795 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

Nice SN "Iloveyouback" now I can call you "back" lol

Posted Image

#450 total23

• 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Kim Burrell on Showbiz Tonight Speaking On Whitney 11EST

1 user(s) are reading this topic