#406 LuVaBoY

• 1,499 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

#407 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostLuVaBoY, on 19 March 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

for some reason i imagined whitney saying "sing the song!" :) it was sincere..and she didn't butcher it so i liked it..she actually has some good pipes, but it doesn't show in most of her songs..i saw her live performance of the phantom of the opera and she was surprisingly good..

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#408 sinderella

• 3,415 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

View Postliz06, on 18 March 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

View Postremamamama, on 18 March 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I did not watch any of these. I seen the title of the first video, "Celebs remember Whitney Houston" and I lost it...... :crying:

Its not that bad actually....the tear-jerker for me was how Jill Scott spoke. And I particularly liked what Kirk Franklin said: 'we dont need to have parties on the same day we have losses'.

Just by the by, Tatyana speaks very well. Thanks for these. :)
Posted Image

Why fall in love when you can fall into chocolate.......

#409 nippydutch

• 509 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yesterday 5 Dutch singers (Trijntje Oosterhuis, Edsilia Rombley, Do, Berget Lewis, Glennis Grace) and sax-player Candy Dulfer gave a tribute concert for Whitney Houston, who has been an inspiration for most of them. Some video's can be found on Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0
Posted Image Whitney, thank you for everything you've given me and the rest of the world!

#410 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

here's a tweet from Kim Burrell:

Los Angeles friends, be a part of the in-studio audience during my recording experience of "The Whitney Houston Commemorative Project" by emailing me at kim@backstagewithkim.com for an invitation or watch exclusive coverage on the HLN Network on Tues. March 27th.

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#411 Antwoinne

• 4,404 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Babyface spoke on Piers Morgan early on. Only a few minutes of the clip is on Youtube.

#412 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,812 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostTejay06, on 12 March 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Maybe it's me, but I didn't like what she said. I don't like when ppl make assumptions about how she passed. Unless Maddy is good judies with coroner - she need to keep her mouth shut or simply say: "She was a much better, bigger, and extraordinary talent - than I ever will be - she will be missed." That my love is an acceptable statement. #knowyourplace
I see what you are saying, and she could have worded her response better. That said, I appreciate her answer rather than having Liz issue a cookie cutter response. Btw, Celine said something along those lines on GMA
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#413 Zolas

• 4,292 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

View PostPetra, on 20 March 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

here's a tweet from Kim Burrell:

Los Angeles friends, be a part of the in-studio audience during my recording experience of "The Whitney Houston Commemorative Project" by emailing me at kim@backstagewithkim.com for an invitation or watch exclusive coverage on the HLN Network on Tues. March 27th.

I would love to be there... you know there'll be some church up in there!

Posted Image

#414 remamamama

• 3,201 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I'm surprised no one discovered this. One of the most heartfelt tributes I've heard so far.

Gladys Knight dedicates "A Song For You, All The Man That I Need, Run To You" to Whitney

Intro

Posted Image

#415 Zolas

• 4,292 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Nice, I love Gladys!!

Posted Image

#416 sinderella

• 3,415 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostZolas, on 21 March 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Nice, I love Gladys!!

Me too! :)
Posted Image

Why fall in love when you can fall into chocolate.......

#417 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

I swear by anything that when I first heard Lady Gaga live(on youtube) maybe in 2008, I thought right away that something in the way of her singing reminded me of Whitney, not that it was in anyway comparable but it gave me the impression that there was some kind of imitation going on. Like in the way she's blowing big notes and some inflections. Doesn't seem that far fetched anymore lol
Posted Image

#418 laprimadivas1fan

• 5,268 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

From Carlos Santana:

"The sound of Whitney Houston's voice
Is forever more the sound of a legion of GOD's highest angels
A supreme gift from GOD for us ALL
From GOD through WHITNEY for US
You don't have to die to be with peace
You don't have to die to be in heaven
From the center of my heart
I am grateful to CISSY and WHITNEY
Their voice helps me find mine
Sweet inspiration adorable eternal sound of compassion
We cherish forever your illumining gift to us ALL"- Carlos Santana

Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

#419 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

I don't need to see any more entertainers "tribute" Whitney by trying (emphasis on trying) to sing her songs. The best tribute would be for all these entertainers to raise up their voices and demand that the cops nail the dealer who sold Whitney that cocaine. Other than that, I'm done with these Whitney-song-butchering tributes. I don't want to hear anyone else sing her songs, period. I can hardly even listen to Whitney, I for sure can't listen to anyone else.

#420 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

http://www.mlive.com...n_wants_co.html

Narada Michael Walden wants conversation about Whitney Houston to be about her talent, genius

KALAMAZOO -- As conversation intensifies about the cause of Whitney Houston's death circulates through the media, Kalamazoo native and award-winning producer Narada Michael Walden wants the conversation to stay focused.

"Let's talk about the talent and genius of her. That's the most important," he said during a phone interview from California shortly after her death.

Walden worked with Houston during the early years, including several No. 1 hits such as "How Will I Know," "I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)," "So Emotional," "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" and "All the Man That I Need."

Walden said he first met Houston in 1976. He worked with her in his studio years later, when she was in her early 20s, and helped record Houston, who would go on to be one of the top-selling artists of all time. Walden said he was "taken how strikingly beautiful she was" with her high cheek bones and her ability to sing high notes and hold them for long periods of time.

"We were always real close," he said. "We liked to work fast and have fun."

Walden said he learned of her death while taking a bath at a hotel in Gualala, California. He was listening to a transistor radio when the announcer came on the air and "coarsely" reported her death. Walden said the way the man handled the announcement made him angry.

"I'm glad I was sitting down. It shocked me," he said.

Walden said he last talked with Houston, her mother Cissy and her daughter, Bobbi, at a hotel in California about a year before her death. When asked about Whitney Houston's history of substance abuse, Walden said it was "not my business."

"We had fun times. Music times," he said. "She was like royalty."

Walden talked about how she achieved more than any female artist on the planet. She possessed a vocal power unrivaled in music, he said.

"Truth is, Whitney had in her -- from her mom and Diana (Ross) and Aretha (Franklin) -- she had something that could catapult her" to another level, Walden said.

One of his fondest memories of recording Houston came during their work on the 1988 song, "One Moment in Time," which was recorded in London at producer George Martin's studio, Walden said.

“It was lovely having her sing in that big room and have all those string and horns come in … and then her voice -- phenomenal," Walden said. “Her body would just be shaking with the power of her vibrato.”

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users