Celebrity Tributes to Whitney Houston

656 replies to this topic

#391 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

this just made my day!

Eddie Murphy ®@_EddieMurphy_
Whitney Houston was the first celebrity to put Wendy Williams in her place! R.I.P Whitney

YES! :dancing:

Posted Image
"If the voice is a musical instrument, here is a Stradivarius."
- Time magazine -

That Stradivarius is playing its sweet notes in Heaven now.

I will love you for the rest of my days and beyond.

You are free.

Full time angel since Feb 11, 2012

#392 Zolas

• 4,318 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postremamamama, on 15 March 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Adam Levine
"We all love her so much and she was so...I mean, I'm not sure there's anybody with a voice like that. We miss her."

Don't you just love it when a hunk like that says such lovely things about Whitney? :P

Posted Image

#393 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostZolas, on 15 March 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Adam Levine
"We all love her so much and she was so...I mean, I'm not sure there's anybody with a voice like that. We miss her."

Don't you just love it when a hunk like that says such lovely things about Whitney? :P

yes, make me want to drop to my knees to give thanks... :shifty:

#394 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

http://www.ontheredc...s-Video/8580885

Whitney Houston made silly faces on 'Sparkle' set, Jordin Sparks says (Video)

"She was always making sure I was okay, always asking if I needed something," Sparks said about the late singer. "In serious scenes, if the camera was on me ... she was standing right here, it was the back of her head, she'd be making faces at me, trying to make me crack and I was like, 'I'm going to get you for that. I am going to get you for that.'"

"I would wake up every morning, I would go and get ready to do the scenes and you know, here comes Whitney into the trailer and she's singing and she's blasting gospel music and just singing along with it and I'm just sitting there going, 'This is the best thing ever!'" Sparks added.

this is just my favorite part, you can read the whole article and see the video on that link..i can just imagine Whitney making funny faces while filming! :giggle:

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

#395 buddha

• 5,998 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostPontusFromSweden, on 15 March 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Adam Levine

To say a prayer for him? :angel:
Posted Image

#396 Zolas

• 4,318 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

View Postbuddha, on 16 March 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Adam Levine

Just like a prayer, down on my knees, I wanna take you there... ;)

Posted Image

#397 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#398 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image

#399 chitownbrownguy

• 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

If you haven't checked this Twista version out then you should because this version is AMAZING and the vocals are Awesome. Enjoy!! Share if you will. Thank You!! RIP NIPPY LOVE YOU

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/kTCrqEoIRbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#400 chitownbrownguy

• 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

If anybody could post the video on here where the video can show up in the thread i would appreciate it alot cuz idk what i am doing. Thanks!

#401 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

View Postremamamama, on 18 March 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

I did not watch any of these. I seen the title of the first video, "Celebs remember Whitney Houston" and I lost it...... :crying:

#402 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

View Postbuddha, on 16 March 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Adam Levine

Naughty, naughty lol...Mister Levine is a hottie for sure
Posted Image

#403 remamamama

• 3,210 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

Lady Gaga opens up about Whitney

"My greatest influence in this house for ten years was Whitney. Yes, and I used to stand at the top of that staircase and sing the Star Spangled Banner every single day after school. I would play it over and over again. I would study her version and I used to stand up there, and I would study her.

"She for me was the greatest of all time."

"I couldn't believe her heart wasn't beating anymore. I was grateful that I knew that she knew I loved her"

Starts at 0:50

http://s1223.photobu...urrent=ggo2.mp4

Posted Image

#404 Whitney~Lover

• 1,507 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Wow, I was wondering about Gaga. You don´t dedicate a Grammy to someone unless you really love them. I figured she was too hurt to speak.

Still nothing from George Michael or Prince: Whitney´s "peers" (if such a thing is possible with Whit) and industry friends? Perhaps it is too personal for them to make a public announcement.

Im not gonna lie though, someone who has pissed me off as far as this goes is ADELE! At the Grammys she seemed quite blasé during the Whitney tributes and she was one of the last to stand up for the ovation after they played the video of Whitney. And please, that whole blog for Etta James and showing all the love and nothing for Whitney. It´s quite clear Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You would not have happened if not for Whitney, Whitney set the blueprint for how ADELE sings. You would think the woman would show a little more gratitude to the woman who has made her a millionare.

#405 Petra

• 686 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

View Postremamamama, on 19 March 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Lady Gaga opens up about Whitney

"My greatest influence in this house for ten years was Whitney. Yes, and I used to stand at the top of that staircase and sing the Star Spangled Banner every single day after school. I would play it over and over again. I would study her version and I used to stand up there, and I would study her.

"She for me was the greatest of all time."

"I couldn't believe her heart wasn't beating anymore. I was grateful that I knew that she knew I loved her"

Starts at 0:50

http://s1223.photobu...urrent=ggo2.mp4
i remember when she won that Grammy and thanked Whitney, i was so surprised and happy..and i must say, she looked genuinely sad during the Grammys this year..

if i'm not mistaken, a while back when Krissi was still tweeting and fans would ask her all sorts of questions, i think someone asked her what did Whitney thing about Gaga and she said she liked her, but was also kinda scared of her :roflmao:

Posted Image
- Time magazine -

You are free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users