Celebrity Tributes to Whitney Houston

656 replies to this topic

#256 love4whit

• 657 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I know...I just don't understand why she even had to bring up "I heard that she was having a relapse." Who told you that, Ellen? WW???? So upset with that. I might just have to write a letter. haha.

#257 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yes. Something is odd with Ellen's response. Almost like she is saying she personally knows something about Whitney having had some sort of relapse. Very strange comments from Ellen.

#258 remamamama

• 3,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Jordin Sparks
I grew up listening to her music and admiring her and wanting to be like her… when you sing something, Whitney is the first voice any female is compared to. It went from her being this untouchable amazing superstar that I could only in my dreams imagine passing in the street to her being part of the film, being my co-worker, [and] turning into this awesomely mother-daughter relationship, and become a mentor and friend. She was amazing and she was so kind to me. I got really lucky to see her on something she was so passionate about.

Mary J Blige
http://thatgrapejuic...ges/#more-66792
4:34

Posted Image

#259 remamamama

• 3,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Ellen sounded remote, detached, indifferent. I didn't like what she was doing. She was doing exactly the kind of thing these "journalists" from the media would do.

Posted Image

#260 remamamama

• 3,225 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

I'm sure this was posted somewhere, but I just heard this

Twista - Whitney Houston tribute

Posted Image

#261 JetStar254

• 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Who the hell does Ellen think she is? She just lost a viewer.

She's now in the same boat as Wendell Williams as far as I'm concerned.

The nerve..

#262 JetStar254

• 112 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

And I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's the latest episode of Got To Be Real with a nice Whitney tribute it made me laugh LOL! Enjoy

#263 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Does anyone know an idea of the celebrities that attended Whitney's homegoing? I mean I have an idea of who from watching it, but was just curious as I know she worked with sooo many people and was loved by soo many.
Posted Image

#264 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,814 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostJetStar254, on 25 February 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

And I don't know if this has been posted yet, but here's the latest episode of Got To Be Real with a nice Whitney tribute it made me laugh LOL! Enjoy

That made me cry, laugh, cry some more, and then laugh some more.
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#265 nippydutch

• 509 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

Celine Dion on Whitney:
http://abcnews.go.co...orever-15573116
Posted Image Whitney, thank you for everything you've given me and the rest of the world!

#266 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,814 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postremamamama, on 20 February 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Madonna's "tribute"
On Friday night Madonna, went to a place called Mister H in the Mondrian Soho hotel, where she showed up with a large group of her background dancers.

"Madonna was sitting down, watching as her dancers showed up their skills. When the DJ began to spin Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance with Somebody,' Madonna perked up and started lip-synching the words."

She then noticed that her private area was cutting off a lot of the dance floor for everyone else… so she told her security crew to make the space smaller so everyone could dance!
Best quote I read about the Madonna 'tribute':

She lip-synched the words to a Whitney Houston song? What a massive tribute! Usually, she reserves that treatment strictly for her own songs.

LMAO! :roflmao:
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#267 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostTiger, on 26 February 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

View Postremamamama, on 20 February 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Madonna's "tribute"
On Friday night Madonna, went to a place called Mister H in the Mondrian Soho hotel, where she showed up with a large group of her background dancers.

"Madonna was sitting down, watching as her dancers showed up their skills. When the DJ began to spin Whitney Houston's 'I Wanna Dance with Somebody,' Madonna perked up and started lip-synching the words."

She then noticed that her private area was cutting off a lot of the dance floor for everyone else… so she told her security crew to make the space smaller so everyone could dance!
Best quote I read about the Madonna 'tribute':

She lip-synched the words to a Whitney Houston song? What a massive tribute! Usually, she reserves that treatment strictly for her own songs.

LMAO! :roflmao:
Well now. I see I've been too hard on Madonna.

#268 nippydutch

• 509 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Deborah Cox on Whitney: http://bcove.me/zhwf6ra1

AND
"Barry Harris Of Thunderpuss Pays His Respect To Whitney…"
Posted Image
Posted Image Whitney, thank you for everything you've given me and the rest of the world!

#269 Zolas

• 4,337 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Did anyone see the Oscars? I know she was included in the In Memoriam video, but can't find it...

I did find this:

Posted Image

#270 love4whit

• 657 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

View PostZolas, on 27 February 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Did anyone see the Oscars? I know she was included in the In Memoriam video, but can't find it...

I did find this:

I'm not sure that I understand what they're saying...maybe I'm still tired, but what's happening? Ha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users