OT: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4

20 replies to this topic

#1 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,737 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

We haven't done a thread following a particular show (like we used to do with Idol way back when) in some time, so I thought I'd start this one.

Now, I LOOOOOOVE RPDR! Who, so far, is your pick to win this year?

My money right now is on Kenya Michaels, Sharon Needles, and Chad Michaels, but I don't have a favorite drag diva yet. (If you don't get Logo in your area, you can watch the show for free on logotv.com every Tuesday).

KENYA MICHAELS
Posted Image

SHARON NEEDLES
Posted Image

CHAD MICHAELS
Posted Image
-----------------------------------------------

My past favorites (in order by season) have been:

Shannel - Season 1
Posted Image

Bebe Zahara Benet - Season 1
Posted Image

Jade - Season 1
Posted Image

Jujubee - Season 2
Posted Image
Tatianna - Season 2
Posted Image

Raven - Season 2
Posted Image

Tyra - Season 2
Posted Image

Mariah Balenciaga - Season 3
Posted Image

Manila Luzon - Season 3
Posted Image

Shangela - Season 3
Posted Image

Alexis Mateo - Season 3
Posted Image

Carmen Carerra - Season 3
Posted Image

Join in the talk!

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#2 Mind Speaker

• 9,737 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

I just noticed it, but Bebe looks a lot like New York (from Flavor of Love and I Love New York).

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

#3 jersey

• 547 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I watch the show religiously. I don't have a favorite yet. No one from season 4 has had a standout moment.

I died laughing when I thought they were bringing Shangela back again. And then when the zombies were attacking here and she kept screaming, "hallelu".

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#4 Mind Speaker

• 9,737 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postultimatej, on 08 February 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I watch the show religiously. I don't have a favorite yet. No one from season 4 has had a standout moment.

Not yet, though Ms. Jiggly is being quite the diva in the "Untucked" episodes. Based on looks alone right now, Kenya is my favorite. But someone's gonna have to win me over personality wise and right now Chad Michaels and Latrice Royale are impressing me with their attitudes. They're very "motherly" to the other girls and I like that actually.

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

#5 laprimadivas1fan

• 5,267 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Have only caught a couple episodes from this season. The first and only season I followed from begging to end was Season 3. (just happened to be channel surfing one evening and found myself glued to a 'marathon' .) Initially I liked Delta Work and Rajah's personalities. But their merciless condescension towards Stacy Lane put me off in no time. (Don't know who lied to Delta. Pulling rank on Stacy when she spent most of her time left lip-synching for her life. The nerve.) Shangela's personality, OTOH, I found to be off putting at first. But after seeing the support she offered Stacey, and that natural comedic timing of hers, I grew to root for that team. If for no other reason than to muzzle the overgrown egos of those "Heathers". Puh-leeze.

As for the current season, will have to check it out more. Outside of news and sports (mostly soccer), I have few "appointment television" viewings. That's mostly reserved for Sunday evenings on PBS. Haven't missed a single episode of Downton Abbey since it's premier last season.
Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

#6 laprimadivas1fan

• 5,267 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostMind Speaker, on 08 February 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

View Postultimatej, on 08 February 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Not yet, though Ms. Jiggly is being quite the diva in the "Untucked" episodes. Based on looks alone right now, Kenya is my favorite. But someone's gonna have to win me over personality wise and right now Chad Michaels and Latrice Royale are impressing me with their attitudes. They're very "motherly" to the other girls and I like that actually.

Did catch Ms. Jiggly. Like another girl advised her: enough with the jokes when you can't get your -ish together in the sewing dept. Too insecure.

Btw, who's the larger one? Latrice? Something about her attitude just makes me wanna root for her success.
Posted Image
Let Love Be Your Energy!
- Robbie Williams

"When the curtain rises, the only thing that speaks is courage." - Maria Callas

#7 Mind Speaker

• 9,737 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

The queens were just catty and nasty last season, no doubt about it! Stacy was such a sweetheart and for Delta and the other "Heathers" to come down and attack her was flat out wrong. And like you Lee, I was primarily against Shangela, but she won me over because she's a natural entertainer. She's far from shy and is quite comfortable doing what she does.

The larger one you were talking about Lee was Latrice. I'm liking her attitude as well. Very humble.

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

#8 mkko1

• 138 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I concur with most of the thoughts. I really like Chad Michaels and Latrice Royale for all of the same reasons. I am reserved on Kenya and Shannon until a little more. While I was never bamboozled by Raja last season, they have the potentila....but then so do Phi Phi and Jiggle. Sooooo.....we shall see. Ask me again after next weeks episode. :-)

#9 LatinNippy24

• 361 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm biased because Chad Michaels is my friend so I'm rooting for him. However, if I had to choose someone other than Chad Michaels I would want Sharon Needles to win.

#10 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,558 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Love this show! But haven't really picked a favorite yet this season.
Posted Image
"The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

#11 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,558 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

I LOVE LATRICE ROYALE!!
Posted Image

#12 jersey

• 547 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I don't care who wins as long as its not that damn Phi Phi O'hara. I hate her!!

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#13 clemsonfight

GO TIGERS!

• 7,558 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

View Postultimatej, on 05 April 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

I don't care who wins as long as its not that damn Phi Phi O'hara. I hate her!!

Oh god I know! She's just the worst! Latrice is my favorite by far but I would be cool with either Sharon or Chad winning as well. But please no Phical Matter. Please
Posted Image

#14 Joleen

• 36 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Chad Michaels all the way! That's my girl! I love his style and even at his worst in a challenge he still looks great. More importantly the way he handles himself, he doesn't get caught up in that drama. He has a lot of class and heart. Rupaul doesn't want a drama QUEEN (no pun intended) representing him and Absolute Vodka needs a good spokesperson. In that snatch game he showed a lot of his personality and charisma. I just love him!

#15 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,416 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

haha ive never seen it, should i bother?:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users