Whitney Houston is NOT broke - false story being spread

39 replies to this topic

#31 joerg677

• 1,167 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

For me it´s not that bad drama, because here in Germany this rumor ist mixed with news about sparkle and a recording session for a new album. So I take the positive news out of it and lookinng forward to the album ;-)

#32 JetStar254

• 112 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

I read somewhere that she got $17 million from the tour..

..but anyway could she still be doing tracks for Sparkle? Remember the pic we got a while back of her in the studio with some guy. I'm so excited for Sparkle! I've watched her interviews like 100 times already! Hurry up August!!!

#33 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,803 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

I think there is some underground gossip about Whitney possibly recording in ATL. I think we know she's in ATL; however what she's doing is not offical. Prolly living life, LOL.

I'd be suprised if Whitney did another album this year; not totally out of the realm of possibilities.

Didn't the script put "Emma" as a former R&B singer that went back to the church and she had modest success? I think that's what Whfan007 said on CW. He got a copy of it, LOL Not suprised are you? Anyhow maybe theres a possibility of Whitney releasing a single commericaly from sparkle that is featured as a "old hit" of hers? Maybe thats why those samples had that MDB feel to them? Like old school meets new school?

Food for thought anyways. Something is brewing though. I can feel it.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#34 Examiner

• 2,688 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

This story has picked up some steam. Today when I came back from lunch I went on MSN to see what was going on in the world. I looked over to the right on their home page and saw that "Whitney Houston" was trending at #2. I was like "What has happened?!! I hope it's good news.' but was geuninely afraid to click on her name. Sure enough all the articles that were listed were about her being broke. I didn't bother to read a single one of them b/c I remembered that Lisa had already created a thread about such a rumor that I hadn't bother to read anyway since Lisa said it was false in the title of the thread. Currently she's the last on the list. So she has fallen from #2 to last place. People are already losing interest in the story. I don;t know what she is or was on Yahoo.

Checked Yahoo and she wasn't tredning at all.

Edited by Examiner, 25 January 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#35 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,888 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostJetStar254, on 25 January 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

No. She got just under $40 million. Like around 38 or 39.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#36 Kapyophi

• 488 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yeah...Its gonna die down. So I think its ok. She SURVIVES again!

#37 PontusFromSweden

Board Poll Wizard & Board Atheist & Feminist

• 6,420 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

From CNN: Her rep tells CNN in a statement that the reports are "totally false and ridiculous. She just made a movie with Jordin Sparks – 'Sparkle.'" In case you didn't know, "People get paid to make movies. [Houston's] not broke."

hehe....sarcastic and dry, me like :shifty:

#38 JetStar254

• 112 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostMr Jace, on 26 January 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but artists don't get the entire amount of money their tour grosses. Don't the background singers, dancers, management, etc. have to get their cut? Artists tend to only get about 30%-40% of the profit. U2 had the highest grossing tour of 2011 grossing like $290 million. The group doesn't get all that money lol.

#39 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostJetStar254, on 30 January 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 26 January 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but artists don't get the entire amount of money their tour grosses. Don't the background singers, dancers, management, etc. have to get their cut? Artists tend to only get about 30%-40% of the profit. U2 had the highest grossing tour of 2011 grossing like $290 million. The group doesn't get all that money lol.
Your correct but I believe the tour grossed about 100 million so thats probably about how much she got.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#40 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,191 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

Here's another article, this one mainly discussing how Whitney won the case vs. her stepmother and will likely kick her to the curb: http://www.forbes.co...it-vs-step-mom/

And this shows that the New Jersey mansion has been pulled off the market. She's not selling her house:
http://www.zillow.co.../39442554_zpid/
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users