Whitney Houston is NOT broke - false story being spread

39 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,230 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

If you see any stories going around that Whitney is financially broke, it's a lie. Spokesperson already denied it. A blog made the story up and all the other blog idiots are picking it up. If possible, please don't link to anyone who is repeating the story without including the spokesperson's response. All of these articles are libelous, so please only post valid excerpts instead of spreading the nonsense around. Thank you.

Spokesperson statements:

From the Daily Mail (UK): A spokesperson for the singer strongly denied the claims when contacted by MailOnline and said: 'That is ridiculous and not true! She stars in SPARKLE out in August which she also Exec produced. She just wrapped the film.'

From GossipCop: A rep for Houston laughed off the report, telling Gossip Cop it is 100 percent "not true."

From CNN: Her rep tells CNN in a statement that the reports are "totally false and ridiculous. She just made a movie with Jordin Sparks – 'Sparkle.'" In case you didn't know, "People get paid to make movies. [Houston's] not broke."

I'm not comfortable with linking to these articles because of course they just repeat the false story and bury the spokesperson's denial much lower in their articles. Their stories should LEAD with the denial, or have the denial included by the second paragraph, rather than perpetuating this.

Edited by Lisa, 24 January 2012 - 05:34 PM.
Added spokesperson quotes.

If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#2 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,754 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Lisa, do we have the spokesperson's response already? It'd be a good idea to post it in this thread so when we see this story being picked up by blogs, those of us who frequent can send in the response to the blogs so false information is not being spread.

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#3 Every1lovesNippy

• 749 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Sounds like one of those mooching ex-inlaws needed to make a quick buck by selling some more made-up stories to the willfully gullible media. It really is reminiscent of the "Whitney's bathroom photos," which were taken when she had already packed her bags and left, incident.

I sure would like to be "broke" like Whitney. Maybe in my next lifetime.

But, hey, Whitney! If you happen to read this, honey, don't you ever worry about needin' a hundred bucks, 'cause I will be happy to give you what I got. Your real fans will always have your back!

#4 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,804 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

The stupid stories don't even make sense. The same blogs reporting about Whitney's Sparkle and Executive Producing are picking up this story. It's ridiculous, and so are these online blogs. How is someone broke they need to ask for a 100 dollars after just producing a new movie?

It begs the question, why are people so pressed on Whitney???

(OMG I just saw the new feature! A little window popped up on the top of the board and said 1 new reply!! THATS SOOOO COOOL!)

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#5 karan

Karan

• 1,881 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:55 AM

What a shame!! These bloggers are big time LOSERS!!! :thumbdown:
Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

"No matter what they take from me, they can't take away MY DIGNITY..."

Gift! Gift! Gift! - Oprah Winfrey

#6 Zolas

• 4,358 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

Yeah it's even on nu.nl A serious website. Now they've been known to post rumours/gossip as news before. But for the 'common' people it might appear as real news.

Oh well, she's lived through many rumours, she won't care...

Posted Image

#7 richardlondon

• 333 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

This is interesting. Looking at the story it appears very consistently across a number of outlets with the same information and also carrying a lot of information about the upcoming projects. This suggests a release of some sort has been syndicated. This will have had to have been approved and signed off. The statement from Whitney's camp suggests that they have had pre-notification prior to syndication.

The beneficiaries of this story are those who have Whitney product to shift. It could be the film's distributor or record label. My guess is that this has been put out as pre-publicity to the film release.

Horrible thought but it might well be that they have sold Sparkle to a distributor who now owns the rights- Tri-Star and they have innitiated a campaign that positons this as Whitney's comeback film and builds anticipation and awareness about the film.

Or it could be Mariah...:)

#8 karan

Karan

• 1,881 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

On a side note I heard on FB that Whitney's in Atlanta recording something....it could be a rumour though....

Well those are the kind of things she's upto! After her 'commercially' succesful world tour and investment as an executive producer in Sparkle and also contributing to the soundtrack, she's doing really well for herself. These JOKERS need to shut their sinful BLEEP! up!!
Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

#9 Whitney~Lover

• 1,522 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postkaran, on 24 January 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

On a side note I heard on FB that Whitney's in Atlanta recording something....it could be a rumour though....

Well those are the kind of things she's upto! After her 'commercially' succesful world tour and investment as an executive producer in Sparkle and also contributing to the soundtrack, she's doing really well for herself. These JOKERS need to shut their sinful BLEEP! up!!

It's not like Whitney came back because she needed the money anyway. I think often some of these people have no comprehension how much money someone like Whitney has and how little money means to her as a person, simply because it has probably never been an issue for her. It's often people projecting their own living off paycheck-paycheck issues onto a mega-star in yet another feeble media attempt to bring someone down.

#10 juzly

nippyology <3 expressionist

• 952 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

She's priceless, them stupids. :punch:

A Brave heart is a Powerful weapon. A Voice inspires the Way. One Love. Whitney forever

#11 karan

Karan

• 1,881 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

Many of the blogs are covering this now, who knows Wendy might mention this on 'his' show as well...and that JERK Perez, he just needs something like this and a reason/rumour to talk Bleep! about her and he's on it too!! I HATE HIM TO DEATH!!

I'm sure if Whitney comes to know of this she would only have a good LAUGH about how stupid it is for people to make whatever kind of stories they feel like making out of nowhere, but am feeling like punching these people on their faces thinking that how they are always after her, even if she's doing good for herself!!! SMH!!

Edited by karan, 24 January 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Posted Image

#12 remamamama

• 3,261 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

I just don't understand why every time there's a positive story about Whitney, it has to be followed by some blog making up stories about Whitney from out of nowhere.

One thing I've noticed though is that almost every news story about Whitney being broke mentions her starring and executive producing "Sparkle". Maybe that should be a good thing???

Posted Image

#13 salute88

• 583 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

I am soo glad the tea is already brewing here! I just saw someone post on fb and I was like"what educated person would believe that". I am well pass the stage of defending Whitney, as I feel her legacy defends itself, but I had to comment "do yall have google?". Whitney has wigs that could pay my tuition and they wanna shade her like she is some new flop? rofl...it's wayy to comical to even take seriously.

Posted Image

"...and I won't cry 'cause your going away, 'cause the chemistry we got it won't fade. Won't be wishing for better days, cause in the end our love stays the same..."

#14 truthspeaker06

• 2,450 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

If this is the worst thing they're saying, it doesn't bother me one bit. She's been called worse & survived much more horrible things being said, I'll just take it in stride because I know she isn't broke.
Posted Image

Love is what we make it
We can make it something lovely
So don't desert me
Instead, learn to trust me
And love is what we make it
So let's make it, love

#15 richardlondon

• 333 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

remember when she was supposed to be dead, or have a brain tumour, or be about to die of emphysema.
This is just another wired story. Its actually quite racist/sexist of the media. A white male rock star or actor can have a drug habit or shady past, bounce back and be celebrated for earning his stripes.

Robert Downey Junior et all

If a black guy goes of the rails, it doesn't make headlines.

If a woman does it she is forever labled and never forgiven.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users