VH1's Pop Up Video Is Back!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,746 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

For those of you who don't know what Pop-up video is, it's the music video of the song (in this case HH) with little known tidbits about what happened on the set, trivia about the artist, etc. We have one for IYBT, IWDWS, and CIHTKF. Here's the latest installment:

http://www.vh1.com/v...html#id=1671817

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#2 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:17 AM

I have always ALWAYS loved Pop-Up Video!!! I've seen the ones for IYBT and CIHTKF repeatedly. I saw IWDWS once I think. Glad to know there's now one for HH! :clap:

Edited by Mr Jace, 23 October 2011 - 07:18 AM.

Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#3 Mr Jace

• 7,886 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

I just watched it. OMG I love it!!! I love hearing that behind-the-scenes stuff!! VERY informative! :thumbup:
Posted Image
My heart is calling.

#4 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:26 AM

OMG I LOVE me some Pop-Up Video! They did HH? How awesome! I'm so excited to watch it!

#5 karan

Karan

• 1,842 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

I can't see it. Not available in my region. -_-
Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

"No matter what they take from me, they can't take away MY DIGNITY..."

Gift! Gift! Gift! - Oprah Winfrey

#6 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,792 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

This POP Up Video is an embarassement to the orginal series. They basically have no real information for the song and just talk about Whitney's personal life throughout it and made up obviously bogus BLEEP! like she had a stand in for the helicopter scenes and yet somehow show a scene that MUST have been filmed from a coper with none other than Whitney herself on the shore.

I didn't even bother to post this because I thought it was worthless anyways. However there were some interesting tidbits but considering how much "shade" was offered in this video I can't take the rest for face value anyhow. Disrepsectful IMO.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#7 jersey

• 547 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

WTH?! Body double my arse! There are pictures of Whitney being carried by BBBB on the beach. And then "allegedly" the record label starting cutting the budget of the video. Oh yeah right, and that's why following the success of the MLIYL she signed a $100 million dollar contract. This installment was total BS.

Posted Image

A glorious, golden voice that only comes once in a lifetime.

#8 Mr Jace

• 7,886 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

View Postultimatej, on 23 October 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

WTH?! Body double my arse! There are pictures of Whitney being carried by BBBB on the beach.
She DID do beach shots (while wearing high heels), just not the far-away ones(using a barefoot body double).

And then "allegedly" the record label starting cutting the budget of the video. Oh yeah right, and that's why following the success of the MLIYL she signed a $100 million dollar contract.
That part surprised me too. We all know already that this video was filmed in January, 1999.It wasn't until 2000, that her image began to take those huge hits.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users