Banner Rules and Debuts (June - October 2010)

50 replies to this topic

#1 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,608 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

If you have a Whitney banner at this board, or are planning to make banners, please read the rules written below. These rules are for the benefit of members with slow Internet connections, and those who don't like to see huge images in every post. I don't have these guidelines because of a personal whim. While some of this may sound silly, the details are necessary because some people do not follow rules.

Debuting Your Banner

If you want to debut a new banner without any fanfare, just save it in your signature and everyone will see it. But if you want fanfare, and you want to have fun with your debut, please debut your new banners in this thread. This will consolidate all new banners in one place so everyone can see them, and it will also make it easier to keep track of banners when it comes time for Whitney-Fan.com's Semi-Annual Nippy Awards, where you could be nominated for categories including BEST BANNER and BEST BANNER DESIGNER.

This thread will be locked and restarted once a month to accomodate new banners, and it will keep this thread from becoming too large. You may only debut a new banner once. That means if you have already debuted your banner, you may not debut it again in any way. Also, please do not create separate threads to debut banners.

Banner Dimensions and File Size

In general, horizontal banners should not exceed 500 pixels in width, and they should not be more than 200 pixels high. Vertical banners can be up to 300 pixels wide and 400 pixels high. Also, the banner should not be a huge file size, say greater than 1/4 of a MB. I think even that is pretty big.

You are only allowed one banner per signature. I will make exceptions for contests.

Whitney Houston Must DOMINATE Your Banner

If you post a banner with other artists in it, Whitney Houston must be featured far more prominently than the others. I hate seeing a Whitney board that's littered with banners for other people and celebrities. The board always has to look like it is dedicated to Whitney Houston, and not anyone else. If there is no Whitney in the picture, then the image doesn't belong in your signature.

Please Note: If you insist on posting your personal photo in your signature, or feel compelled to post another artist's photo in your signature, you must follow the guidelines that everyone else on the board follows. That means if you want to post your personal photo, or a photo of another artist in your signature, you must include them inside a Whitney banner, and Whitney's image must clearly dominate that banner.

Links Not Allowed in Signatures

If you are going to post a banner, please make sure the link to it is between image tags so it will display properly. I do not allow plain hyperlinks in signatures.

If You Don't Know How to Make a Banner

There are several members here who are long-time banner designers and would likely provide you with a banner. Please inquire with designers via private message.

If you are a new designer and you want feedback about an unfinished banner, you can send private messages to Terrence and Mind Speaker and ask them what they think of your banner design. They have volunteered to help, but they are not obligated to help you, so please do not message them more than once or be too demanding. If you don't hear from them, that means they were too busy to help you, and you should try PMing other designers.

Banner Designers and Advertisements

Banner designers may advertise their services in this thread, but they are limited to one brief text advertisement. Also, they are not allowed to post a series of banners to show off their past work. The banner in the designer's own signature will suffice. Only the banner designers themselves are allowed to post advertisements.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#2 johnonippy

• 9,201 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

Larry and Terrence - LOVIN' the nostalgia you're giving me with these banner throwbacks. Two of my absolute favs EVER! I still have the matching wallpaper for Larry's around here somewhere. I'm tempted to go pull one out myself, hell, I think I will. It's been a while since our last "throwback" phase.

Posted Image
w h i t n e y h o u s t o n
The Voice l The Beauty l The Legacy

1963-2012 - Lover for life.

#3 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,804 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

View Postjohnonippy, on 02 June 2010 - 11:02 PM, said:

Larry and Terrence - LOVIN' the nostalgia you're giving me with these banner throwbacks. Two of my absolute favs EVER! I still have the matching wallpaper for Larry's around here somewhere. I'm tempted to go pull one out myself, hell, I think I will. It's been a while since our last "throwback" phase.

I just saw you change back to an old cut too. If everybody eles is gonna put on some old school I got something I wanna wear again too! :lol:

Actually Terrence, you know what I'd really love to sport again? W8. You got a link?

Although, I should be jackin something Larry wore. :giggle:

Edited by CoNcLusIveTrUthZ, 02 June 2010 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#4 JohannaFromSweden

• 170 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

I just made a "signature", plz let me know if there are any size issues :blush:

Posted Image
Forum Denmark 3/6-10

#5 Terrence

• 31,608 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 02 June 2010 - 11:15 PM, said:

Actually Terrence, you know what I'd really love to sport again? W8. You got a link?

Check your PM...

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#6 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,804 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Look how sexy my posts look now! I absolutely love this banner. My favorite of all the ones I've wore!

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#7 NippyFanNy779

• 8,799 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Oh throwback time! I have the perfect one!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#8 Terrence

• 31,608 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 12 June 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#9 LuVaBoY

• 1,514 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:28 PM

My new banner everybody! Does it look good on me?

Posted Image

#10 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostLuVaBoY, on 17 June 2010 - 12:28 PM, said:

Love it! :thumbup:

#11 Zolas

• 4,338 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

OK, last months I asked whether someone had a NBL tour banner I could use. Johno, you ever so kindly responded but somehow it just slipped from my memory. However, I just went back to that topic and found your lovely banner and I made it my signature. I hope that is still alright with you.

Thank you so much! :D :dancing: :hug:

Posted Image

#12 NippyFanNy779

• 8,799 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

View PostTerrence, on 14 June 2010 - 01:06 PM, said:

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 12 June 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know you didn't think you weren't going to see this gem again! I love this banner!

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#13 Carmen

• 2,933 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

View PostLuVaBoY, on 17 June 2010 - 12:28 PM, said:

Oh, yesss! Absolutely! :thumbup:
It's a pity we don't have these pics in better quality. I simply love that one pic from the same photo-shoot (same hair and dress), which is in the tour-book, right beside her message to fans/concert attenders. Too many great photos were taken to include all of them in HQ.
Posted Image

#14 hypnophil

• 829 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

This may sound really stupid but how do i use one of my pics as a signature banner please?

#15 buddha

• 6,001 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

A drawing:

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users