Whitney Youtube Thread

1038 replies to this topic

#796 Sergio

• 234 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

View Postlovenip, on 02 March 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

What kind of program do you use when you make videos? And do you know where I can find them (some free program)? I am sitting and watching my videos from the Nothin but love tour. I have only shared a few of them beacuse I have been to lazy. But now I feel like sharing them with you. Beacuse I have found some great moments. And I don't think there are much footage from the concert in Stockholm on youtube. So if anyone knows a good program please let me know.

I use 2 free programs.

1. Windows Live Movie Maker - I use this to compile and edit video, audio, and images in to a presentable Youtube video. As an added bonus, it allows users to convert video to Youtube-compatible 720p and 1080p video.

2. Any Video Converter - I use this to convert video files into other video file. This is wonder for converting various types of files (.mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .mkv, etc.) using various types of codecs (xvid, x264, h236p, etc.).
Posted Image

#797 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Not sure, if anyone's posted this, but Twista has a Whitney Tribute song...I really like how he did this tribute song to her...

Rest in Paradise Miss Houston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5onYqgpPes
Posted Image

#798 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,888 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

View PostLuVaBoY, on 01 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Same setting , different interview, RARE!

Thank you for this. I enjoyed it.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#799 lovenip

• 2,148 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostCantor, on 02 March 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

What kind of program do you use when you make videos? And do you know where I can find them (some free program)? I am sitting and watching my videos from the Nothin but love tour. I have only shared a few of them beacuse I have been to lazy. But now I feel like sharing them with you. Beacuse I have found some great moments. And I don't think there are much footage from the concert in Stockholm on youtube. So if anyone knows a good program please let me know.

lovenip, whenever I've put together videos on my computer, I've used the free program most Windows-based PCs come with, namely Windows Movie Maker. Later Windows OS versions (Vista and onwards, I think) didn't come pre-packaged with Movie Maker, but it can be downloaded for free from Microsoft directly (it's called 'Windows Live Movie Maker' now).

It's fairly user-friendly, and not a steep learning curve once you know what can and can't be done. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles on Movie Maker, but it gets the job done.

As long as your footage you want to use is in a use-able state (proper file extensions that Movie Maker will accept) you should be able to get right down to adding clips and editing as you please.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to weigh in. I find for a free program, Movie Maker is decent enough for your basic digital video editing - and I like not having to pay for stuff if I don't necessarily have to. :shifty:

Thank you!! I will see if I have this program on my computer already (Don't remember seeing it) or else I will go and download it.
God bless!!
Posted Image

#800 lovenip

• 2,148 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostSergio, on 02 March 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

I use 2 free programs.

1. Windows Live Movie Maker - I use this to compile and edit video, audio, and images in to a presentable Youtube video. As an added bonus, it allows users to convert video to Youtube-compatible 720p and 1080p video.

2. Any Video Converter - I use this to convert video files into other video file. This is wonder for converting various types of files (.mp4, .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .mkv, etc.) using various types of codecs (xvid, x264, h236p, etc.).

Thank you! Will check it out.
Posted Image

#801 Kevin

Pitchologist Dr. Kevin

• 6,110 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostMr Jace, on 03 March 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

View PostLuVaBoY, on 01 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Same setting , different interview, RARE!

Thank you for this. I enjoyed it.
Oh man I had tears down my face when she mentions YNSA and Bobbi Kris. So powerful. Everything just means differently since her passing :( I have to listen to it now. Classic Whitney on YSNA.

Posted Image
Whitney Houston defines Beauty
Beauty defines Whitney Houston

Sleep in peace my beautiful Angel

#802 Cantor

• 51 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostSergio, on 02 March 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

I use 2 free programs.

Ooh, I've only ever heard of Any Audio Converter... Methinks I'll have to check out this video converter, because it can sometimes be a pain when file extensions don't meet the requirements for WMM. Thanks for the tip, Sergio!

Posted Image

Go in peace, God be with you.

Go in peace, be at rest with the saints and the angels.

Now you are free.

Go in peace.

#803 Cantor

• 51 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postlovenip, on 03 March 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

lovenip, whenever I've put together videos on my computer, I've used the free program most Windows-based PCs come with, namely Windows Movie Maker. Later Windows OS versions (Vista and onwards, I think) didn't come pre-packaged with Movie Maker, but it can be downloaded for free from Microsoft directly (it's called 'Windows Live Movie Maker' now).

It's fairly user-friendly, and not a steep learning curve once you know what can and can't be done. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles on Movie Maker, but it gets the job done.

As long as your footage you want to use is in a use-able state (proper file extensions that Movie Maker will accept) you should be able to get right down to adding clips and editing as you please.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to weigh in. I find for a free program, Movie Maker is decent enough for your basic digital video editing - and I like not having to pay for stuff if I don't necessarily have to. :shifty:

Thank you!! I will see if I have this program on my computer already (Don't remember seeing it) or else I will go and download it.
God bless!!

You're totally welcome. I hope you're able to find it/download it. Please let us know if your search bears fruit, because it's always nice seeing what the fans can create with these programs. Peace. :-)

Posted Image

Go in peace, God be with you.

Go in peace, be at rest with the saints and the angels.

Now you are free.

Go in peace.

#804 lovenip

• 2,148 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostCantor, on 03 March 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

View Postlovenip, on 03 March 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

God bless!!

You're totally welcome. I hope you're able to find it/download it. Please let us know if your search bears fruit, because it's always nice seeing what the fans can create with these programs. Peace. :-)

I found the program Windows movie maker on my computer. But I can't get my movie files into the program. The format of my videos are .mov
Isn't that a video format that the program should be able to handle?
Posted Image

#805 lovenip

• 2,148 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Never mind. I made it work. I downloaded the Any video converter program, changed the format and now it works. Thank you. Might take awhile before I am finished. But I will let you all see it when I am done.

God bless you all!!
Posted Image

#806 LuVaBoY

• 1,514 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

OMG, interview on the set of the MLIYL video. She is hysterical at times, gosh miss her so much

Edited by LuVaBoY, 04 March 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

#807 lovenip

• 2,148 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JsyOytAO7k&feature=youtu.be

I really have to learn more about different formats. This turned out to be in very poor quality .(The original quality is realy good)
I am sorry for that. The sound is good though. I will do another one again, but not today. I am to tired for that. But can someone say which format I should convert it to? I tried one before the wmv format, but I didn't get a picture, only the sound, when I brought it too the Movie maker program.

But this are some goodies from the Nothin but love tour in Sweden, June 8th. Every now and then she hit's a note so sweet, that it just melts your heart.
God bless you all!! Sleep tight and good night!
Posted Image

#808 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,888 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostLuVaBoY, on 04 March 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

OMG, interview on the set of the MLIYL video. She is hysterical at times, gosh miss her so much

10:02--10:14: No I do NOT!!! :bag:

April 18, 1999, huh? I always wondered when she filmed that video!

Edited by Mr Jace, 04 March 2012 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#809 KSL415

• 289 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well I wasn't sure where to post this...hope I don't get in trouble for this...but can someone help me, I'd like to post a photo onto my profile...so that when I post it shows up at the bottom of my post...??? PM me or email me please
Thanks
Posted Image

#810 Sergio

• 234 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postlovenip, on 04 March 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JsyOytAO7k&feature=youtu.be

I really have to learn more about different formats. This turned out to be in very poor quality .(The original quality is realy good)
I am sorry for that. The sound is good though. I will do another one again, but not today. I am to tired for that. But can someone say which format I should convert it to? I tried one before the wmv format, but I didn't get a picture, only the sound, when I brought it too the Movie maker program.

But this are some goodies from the Nothin but love tour in Sweden, June 8th. Every now and then she hit's a note so sweet, that it just melts your heart.
God bless you all!! Sleep tight and good night!

If you're using Any Video Converter you should convert the .mov file to .mp4, using the custom MP4 profile. Then, set the video codec to mpeg4 (Youtube uses this). Next, set the video bitrate to 2000. Finally, set the framerate to 30.

You also can get the video to upload in HD with the correct parameters under the MPEG-II Movie (*.mpg) profile in Any Video Converter.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users