Jump to content


Rare Whitney Pics!


2038 replies to this topic

#1801 ARG2009

    Member

  • 455 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???

#1802 Mr Jace

    Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

  • 7,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostARG2009, on 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???

This was from a performance she did for her godfather, Paul Robeson, in 2000.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#1803 remamamama

    Senior Member

  • 3,203 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image


Whitney Houston performed at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in her hometown of Newark for the first and only time on Nov. 28, 2000. It was a Paul Robeson tribute concert, and she was one of many acts on the bill.

Pop star Whitney Houston hasn't made many public appearances lately, but she was there last night for the Paul Robeson tribute at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.

"Why I stand here today is because of Paul Robeson," Houston said after speaking about being inspired by his voice and versatility. She then sang two numbers, a brief, a cappella version of the "Porgy and Bess" ballad "I Loves You, Porgy," and the inspirational "You'll Never Stand Alone."

The "Voice for the Millennium" tribute at the Newark theater was a multimedia show, with one of the biggest crowd-pleasing moments coming from a vintage film segment of Robeson himself singing "Ol' Man River" in his memorable bass baritone.

Houston's mother, Cissy Houston, closed the show by singing a song she wrote for the occasion, called "This Day." Backed by two gospel choirs, she sang such uplifting lines as: "Starting right here, starting right now, let's do our best to make a brighter world."

Houston had a personal reason to support the tribute concert. Her father, John Houston, was Robeson's godson.



http://www.nj.com/en...houston_pa.html

Posted Image


#1804 liz06

    Senior Member

  • 3,766 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostARG2009, on 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???
This was from a performance she did for her godfather, Paul Robeson, in 2000.

Oh wow!

#1805 Mr Jace

    Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

  • 7,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Postliz06, on 24 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostARG2009, on 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???
This was from a performance she did for her godfather, Paul Robeson, in 2000.

Oh wow!

I KNOW, RIIIIIGHT!?!???! I was waiting for you to see these!!
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#1806 NippyFanNy779

    Senior Member

  • 8,788 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

View Postliz06, on 24 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostARG2009, on 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???
This was from a performance she did for her godfather, Paul Robeson, in 2000.

Oh wow!

I KNOW, RIIIIIGHT!?!???! I was waiting for you to see these!!

Only Whitney could make a completely see thru dress look that dignified and classy

Posted Image


Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?


#1807 ARG2009

    Member

  • 455 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 24 March 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

View Postliz06, on 24 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostARG2009, on 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???
This was from a performance she did for her godfather, Paul Robeson, in 2000.

Oh wow!

I KNOW, RIIIIIGHT!?!???! I was waiting for you to see these!!

Only Whitney could make a completely see thru dress look that dignified and classy

Thanks!

#1808 Carmen

    Senior Member

  • 2,933 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1809 remamamama

    Senior Member

  • 3,203 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

What a gorgeous woman.

Posted Image


#1810 Nik31

    Senior Member

  • 1,589 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Kevin Costner was right. She wasn´t just pretty. She was as beautiful as a woman could be.

#1811 NippyFanNy779

    Senior Member

  • 8,788 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostCarmen, on 25 March 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I wish that she could have stayed happy and in love forever. That's all she ever seemed to want in life was love and happiness

Posted Image


Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?


#1812 Austin

    Senior Member

  • 942 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostNippyFanNy779, on 25 March 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:



I wish that she could have stayed happy and in love forever. That's all she ever seemed to want in life was love and happiness

I know. It makes me sad seeing these pics.

I also remember in the episode of BBB when Whitney was watching a couple dance (in the Mother's Day ep.) and she likes how they are still in love and looking into each other's eyes.
Posted Image

#1813 liz06

    Senior Member

  • 3,766 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Not so much rare but always great to see her in gowns :)
And look at her figure too! Damn!

Posted Image

#1814 Tiger

    THE Tiger!

  • 7,812 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

View Postliz06, on 24 March 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostARG2009, on 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

View PostMr Jace, on 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Guau! When was it???
This was from a performance she did for her godfather, Paul Robeson, in 2000.

Oh wow!

I KNOW, RIIIIIGHT!?!???! I was waiting for you to see these!!
Mesmirizing! She looks incredible here!
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#1815 Tiger

    THE Tiger!

  • 7,812 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostNik31, on 25 March 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Kevin Costner was right. She wasn´t just pretty. She was as beautiful as a woman could be.
I said this before, I always wondered 'what if' those two ended up together. If Kevin was not married and Whitney was not dating Bobby B. I think he had a highschool boy crush on her :-)
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi





6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users