• 289 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostNik31, on 18 March 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm going to have to save some of these photos! They look great.
Posted Image

#1787 johnonippy

• 9,201 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Postlaprimadivas1fan, on 14 March 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Posted Image
I would love to see the original, un-edited version of this picture. I'm as obsessed with photoshop as the next banner guy, but Whitney doesn't need all a that. GORGEOUS shot though. I love how she looks with her hair pulled back.

Posted Image
w h i t n e y h o u s t o n
The Voice l The Beauty l The Legacy

1963-2012 - Lover for life.

#1788 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Posted Image

Oh, what a night that was. And look at her. So gorgeous.
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

#1789 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,169 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostMind Speaker, on 14 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Kisha (and all Ipad users) I forgot to mention that the commemorative edition of Ebony is on the Ebony Ipad app for $3.99. I bought it last night just to have it digitally.

I don't have an iPad. But does that app make it possible to get the cover image in high-res? The reason I ask is because I want to experiment with turning it into a poster. There are several photo services that make it possible to turn a high-res image into canvas artwork. I want to try to make a "Whitney Forever" painting, but the image needs to be in superior quality.
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#1790 CoNcLusIveTrUthZ

Conclue

• 17,786 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostLisa, on 19 March 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Kisha (and all Ipad users) I forgot to mention that the commemorative edition of Ebony is on the Ebony Ipad app for $3.99. I bought it last night just to have it digitally.

I don't have an iPad. But does that app make it possible to get the cover image in high-res? The reason I ask is because I want to experiment with turning it into a poster. There are several photo services that make it possible to turn a high-res image into canvas artwork. I want to try to make a "Whitney Forever" painting, but the image needs to be in superior quality.

Lisa, I was thinking I wanted something done for myself too so any information would be helpful. Funny you should mention this right now, I decided today (with a little crying episode) that I want a picture from the COHG06 to be the picture I get for my house. I would love a real artist sketch like Elaina? used to do. She did a HH one that was just epic. I want something in my house hanging. i had taken down my MLIYL poster because it was smoke stained and just not fresh and clean looking like the rest of my house is now. So, in short I haven't had a picture up in a long time but never thought I *needed" to get it done right away. She was still alive it was no big deal but now that she's gone I really need a picture of her in the house. It just feels wrong NOT having one up.

I choose that set of pictures to choose from because I remember being so happy for her. So happy for her. It was that night I could see it in her that she was okay and moving foward with her life, not to mention I absolutely loved her look that night. She was one of the few who could rock a blonde hairstyle on a blackwoman and have it look natural. She was so gorgeous. I'm typing in the past tesne. Wow. Anyhow, I remember being so full of joy that night. I'll never forget your first post that night and how my entire body filled with joy and happiness with the first picture from the event that you posted. I can see it in my head.

I loved that CNN used a picture from that same event (and many other news organizations) because she looked like royalty.

Posted Image

"You can look back and know, you were loved"

#1791 Terrence

C.O.O. & Founder Of Ford Illustra (FI) Productions

• 31,604 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostAustin, on 18 March 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG! These just took my breath away... Facebook cover photo, and desktop wallpaper saved.

Posted Image

FI Throwback...

#1792 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,169 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Conclue, I have a lot of those COH images in super hi-res quality. Let me know which shot you want, and I may have it large enough to do this.

I'll also post a coupon for one of the image services that I'm considering using. So you might be able to do it at a reasonable cost.

I'm not sure if I should use that Ebony cover or something else. She has so many magnificent photos.
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#1793 Mind Speaker

A Proud Member of the Nippy Trinity

• 9,746 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostLisa, on 19 March 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Conclue, I have a lot of those COH images in super hi-res quality. Let me know which shot you want, and I may have it large enough to do this.

I'll also post a coupon for one of the image services that I'm considering using. So you might be able to do it at a reasonable cost.

I'm not sure if I should use that Ebony cover or something else. She has so many magnificent photos.

Lisa, I just capped and uploaded Ebony from the Ipad. This is the quality of the display on my Ipad screen. Zooming in further, the quality got less and less:

http://www.whitney-f...llery&album=145

Posted Image

"When melodies are gone, in you I hear a song..."

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

(Banner Courtesy of Johnonippy)

#1794 nancy

• 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostCoNcLusIveTrUthZ, on 19 March 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Lisa, I was thinking I wanted something done for myself too so any information would be helpful. Funny you should mention this right now, I decided today (with a little crying episode) that I want a picture from the COHG06 to be the picture I get for my house. I would love a real artist sketch like Elaina? used to do. She did a HH one that was just epic. I want something in my house hanging. i had taken down my MLIYL poster because it was smoke stained and just not fresh and clean looking like the rest of my house is now. So, in short I haven't had a picture up in a long time but never thought I *needed" to get it done right away. She was still alive it was no big deal but now that she's gone I really need a picture of her in the house. It just feels wrong NOT having one up.

I choose that set of pictures to choose from because I remember being so happy for her. So happy for her. It was that night I could see it in her that she was okay and moving foward with her life, not to mention I absolutely loved her look that night. She was one of the few who could rock a blonde hairstyle on a blackwoman and have it look natural. She was so gorgeous. I'm typing in the past tesne. Wow. Anyhow, I remember being so full of joy that night. I'll never forget your first post that night and how my entire body filled with joy and happiness with the first picture from the event that you posted. I can see it in my head.

I loved that CNN used a picture from that same event (and many other news organizations) because she looked like royalty.

Does anyone have this in HQ?
Posted Image

I really want to make a bag or something with that picture. I tried going directly to the getty images site but it won't even let you in there and I looked at similar sites and its hundred's of dollars to get the rights to her pictures. :/ Also does anyone know if there's rules or something for making "homemade" Whitney products? I don't want to get arrested for walking around with my one of a kind whitney bag lol I was going to use cafepress.com

#1795 Mind Speaker

• 9,746 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postnancy, on 19 March 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

I really want to make a bag or something with that picture. I tried going directly to the getty images site but it won't even let you in there and I looked at similar sites and its hundred's of dollars to get the rights to her pictures. :/ Also does anyone know if there's rules or something for making "homemade" Whitney products? I don't want to get arrested for walking around with my one of a kind whitney bag lol I was going to use cafepress.com

Nancy, I capped my Ebony from my Ipad. The quality is a bit better, but not much. Also, if you want a Whitney bag, Whitneyhouston.com has them. I just got one last week :-). That way, the proceeds go to Whitney's estate and Krissy.

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

#1796 Mind Speaker

• 9,746 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Legend | ANGEL | Icon
Whitney.

#1797 nancy

• 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostMind Speaker, on 19 March 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

View Postnancy, on 19 March 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

Nancy, I capped my Ebony from my Ipad. The quality is a bit better, but not much. Also, if you want a Whitney bag, Whitneyhouston.com has them. I just got one last week :-). That way, the proceeds go to Whitney's estate and Krissy.

Thanks! Yeah I went on there and saw the black back that has "Whitney" written on it and I'm already having it gifted to me but I really like the picture with the guitar so wanted to get one made with it too. They should have a gallery on her website so we can design our own stuff but let her/Krissy get the money!!lol I wish they would make a pen. I would buy a case of them! I saw that light stick thing on there awhile back and almost bought it but realized it wasn't a writing pen.

#1798 NippyFanNy779

• 8,788 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

I did these a long time ago but I stumbled onto them today and then just mean so much more now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you?

#1799 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

OMG I love them! The meaning they have now is just so much more.

#1800 Mr Jace

Resident Wigologist, and Nippy Trinity Member

• 7,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

FINALLY!!!! A full-length pic of this gown!
Posted Image
My heart is calling.
"Be good to yourself when nobody else will."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users