Seeking Donations

71 replies to this topic

#31 ILTY07

• 688 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:33 PM

I made a donation. Great job with the site Lisa!

DIVAAAAA

Posted Image

#32 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,233 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

View PostILTY07, on Nov 18 2009, 10:33 PM, said:

I made a donation. Great job with the site Lisa!

Thank you very much! It's very helpful and I can't express how much I appreciate it! :D Thanks for being so kind. :flowers:
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#33 brendand

• 959 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:24 PM

I sent what I could! Thanks Lisa!! :blush:
Posted Image

#34 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,233 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

View Postbrendand, on Nov 29 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

I sent what I could! Thanks Lisa!! :blush:

Thank you so much Brendan! It helps a lot, and I appreciate your contribution very much! I hope that you'll look at what's to come here, and know that it was put to good use. Thank you! :flowers:

#35 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,815 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

Happy New Year Lisa!

I know you have an annual monthly donation plan, but again, it expired on me without even knowing it! I am sure others who signed up for the plan are not aware of that as well.

Will it be possible to setup a monthly donation plan that does not expire? :)

Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#36 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

Thanks very much Nimer! :flowers: Do you have a clear option to cancel your subscription after you sign up, or is it a hassle to do so? I setup the donation feature to expire so that you would have a choice of subscribing again. But if it's easy for you to unsubscribe, and it's more of a hassle to resubscribe, then I will change it so that you don't have to resubscribe after 12 months. I want it to be more convenient. Please let me know.

But if I do change it, I'm not sure if your particular subscription would be updated so that it doesn't expire. There is a possibility that your current subscription might expire after 12 months again, and then you would resubscribe and get the type that doesn't expire. Does that make sense?

Thank you, and I'm sorry if there has been any incovenience.

#37 Tiger

THE Tiger!

• 7,815 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

View PostLisa, on Jan 12 2010, 03:31 PM, said:

Thanks very much Nimer! :flowers: Do you have a clear option to cancel your subscription after you sign up, or is it a hassle to do so? I setup the donation feature to expire so that you would have a choice of subscribing again. But if it's easy for you to unsubscribe, and it's more of a hassle to resubscribe, then I will change it so that you don't have to resubscribe after 12 months. I want it to be more convenient. Please let me know.

But if I do change it, I'm not sure if your particular subscription would be updated so that it doesn't expire. There is a possibility that your current subscription might expire after 12 months again, and then you would resubscribe and get the type that doesn't expire. Does that make sense?

Thank you, and I'm sorry if there has been any incovenience.
I just saw this. No worries Lisa. To be honest Paypal subscription management is very weird, I still don't know how to do it. I guess I wish there's a way where it can send an email saying something like 'your subscription is about to expire' or 'you have just submitted your last payment', it just... stops!

I think if you change it though current effective subscribers will still be on the 12 months plan. Paypal is a great service but it's weird sometimes :S

Keep up the good work! This site is my destination. It has been one of the few constant things in my life throughout the years. Whether I'm in college at Stevens, home in Jordan, on client site or in a hotel anywhere in the united states, Whitney fan is always there!
Posted Image

"My finest day... is yet unknown..."

"Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary" -Mahatma Gandhi

#38 Carmen

• 2,933 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

I just sent you a small amount of money. Not much but I'll lost my job in May :( and still have to save money for the travel and accomodation-costs connected to the two Whitney concerts I attend.
I just wanted to let you know that I love spending my time here and it was the time to show it that way too.
Thanks again for your hard work running the best Whitney-board I know. :hug: :thumbup:
Posted Image

#39 josh_82

• 107 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

Dear Lisa,
Just made small donation (Transaction ID: 6UB51883395916334). Thanks for keeping the forum up. ^_^
Bless you,
Josh

#40 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,233 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Thanks so much to you both! I truly appreciate it. I have sent e-mails to both of you. Thank you! :flowers:

#41 zachdom

• 52 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

donated, because sometimes this site is the only update that us UK fans get! Great work!

#42 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,233 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

Wow, oh my God, thank you! :salute: :flowers: That's very generous of you, and I can't thank you enough! That will help pay for some of the changes here. There's more stuff coming. The rest of it will knock your socks off! LOL. Thank you! And thank you to everyone for helping! :flowers: It really does help, because I'm completely nuts and I keep finding more things to do. You have no idea, LOL. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

#43 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

Hi Lisa, I'm a full time college student, and I eat a lot of granola bars and Ramon Noodles. But, I love this site and I wanted to donate what I could right now, so here's $. I hope this helps a little. Thank you for everything you do! :flowers:

#44 Lisa

VIP Member

• 14,233 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

Wow, thank you very much Liz! I understand how college costs are, and your contribution is very kind and generous. Thank you, and thanks very much to everyone! These contributions have helped make a dent in the site's expenses, at a point where I'm making some significant changes, so it's very timely and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much Liz! :flowers:

#45 liz06

• 3,766 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

It's been a couple months since I last donated, so I thought I'd just throw in what I could tonight :D

Hope it helps you out Lisa :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users