Photo

Whitney's 'I Will Always Love You' Tops Spotify's Most Streamed Valentine's Day Tracks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

VIP Member

• Admin
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' Tops Spotify's Most Streamed Valentine's Day Tracks

Spotify has released three Valentine's Day-themed playlists that feature popular love ballads. The first playlist is based on Spotify's analysis of which tracks have been streamed the most on Feb. 14 in the United States in recent years, with Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" claiming the top spot (well done, Spotify users). For the second playlist, Spotify worked with Jacob Jolij, assistant Professor in Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience, to uncover the formula for the perfect love song. Whatever their methods were, Whitney's "I Will Always Love You" nearly topped that list as well, coming in at #3.

Read More: http://www.whitney-fan.com/news/2474/
If tomorrow is judgment day ...
And the Lord asks me what I did with my life,
I will say I spent it with you.

#2 remamamama

remamamama

• Members
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' Tops Spotify's Most Streamed Valentine's Day Tracks

Spotify has released three Valentine's Day-themed playlists that feature popular love ballads. The first playlist is based on Spotify's analysis of which tracks have been streamed the most on Feb. 14 in the United States in recent years, with Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" claiming the top spot (well done, Spotify users). For the second playlist, Spotify worked with Jacob Jolij, assistant Professor in Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience, to uncover the formula for the perfect love song. Whatever their methods were, Whitney's "I Will Always Love You" nearly topped that list as well, coming in at #3.

People listening to IWALY on Valentine's day even though it's a breakup song. Only Whitney!

Posted Image

#3 Zolas

Zolas

• Members
  • 4,489 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

People listening to IWALY on Valentine's day even though it's a breakup song. Only Whitney!

Yes it is one of those songs where people tend to listen to the title and forget about how dramatic the song actually is...

Lyrically the song never had any meaning for me until after a serious relationship had ended. Only then the song got a relevance, I finally felt it.

Posted Image

#4 Whitney~Lover

Whitney~Lover

• Members
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Like all great art IWALY has applicability to the individual.

It's a very passionate and romantic song. I don't think you can just characterise it as a "break-up" song, it's also played a lot at weddings and funerals, it can be about saying goodbye to someone for reasons other than a break up. I think it is a popular wedding/valentine song because of the passion and power, the best in the relationship, the words just fall away and you can fall into the passion of it.

#5 karan

karan

Karan

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

Like all great art IWALY has applicability to the individual.

It's a very passionate and romantic song. I don't think you can just characterise it as a "break-up" song, it's also played a lot at weddings and funerals, it can be about saying goodbye to someone for reasons other than a break up. I think it is a popular wedding/valentine song because of the passion and power, the best in the relationship, the words just fall away and you can fall into the passion of it.

Yes, the fact that it speaks about a 'committed' everlasting kind of love makes it romantic, plus her voice makes you drool or whatever you feel when you feel romantic. :P
Posted Image

"To hear Houston going at full throttle with the 35 piece Georgia Mass Choir struggling to keep up is to realise what her phenomenal voice is made for."- USA Today

"..none of us would sound the same if Aretha Franklin hadn't ever put out a record, or Whitney Houston hadn't." - Mariah Carey

"No matter what they take from me, they can't take away MY DIGNITY..."

Gift! Gift! Gift! - Oprah Winfrey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users